Possible ability (even as DLC) to improve romances?

+
The whole thing happened because there were people who saw that there was an opportunity to get themselves a pedestal and used that opportunity. Didn't same thing happened with the woman soldier, Ashley who joins the crew. Except it was about that character is a racist. :LOL:

Studio / EA there, don't know what they were thinking. Perhaps they thought that controversy increases community engagement and product visibility or maybe they weren't thinking at all. Anyway, sex, politics, anything, it doesn't matter, that can give someone an agenda, someone will try it. Has happened with this game too, with supposed racism of Mike Pondmith. Some people really didn't made their homework there...

This is why I wrote from the beginning thinking about sexuality as a spectrum and thinking about needs, where different kind of phantasies come from and perhaps come to realization that SigilFey wrote about. It's impossible to make one size fits all, but Sims where people can get DLC modules. Games like CP 2077 just aren't for this.

Also like I wrote, romantic relationships, having characters that have sexuality makes them more relatable.
Yea but the scenes were so tame, you never saw anything tbh just a bit of snuggles and then fade too black. Tbh i find it semi cringe when they make a proper scene (cp2077 for example :D) not the reason i play the game but at the same time i like that they atleast try. The FTB gets boring. I also kinda liked the more locked in romances in a way, most games would just have made all LI bi and be done with it just like the characters have no preferences themselfs. Personality goes a long way for the side characters.

For me the romances has always been flavor, adding more character and humanizing the characters.. And its optional. I hate when games make the choice for me.

For all things suggested @LeKill3rFou's idea about building a robot with Judy in her apartment would be great opportunity to explore her character more, but there's that she is already very well defined and she has her own goals like other potential partners.

@LadyMiseryAli ideas present goals that make sense, but for me they are for modders to implement. It's not about that romance isn't popular but what's works for who. Some like that there's room for imagination, for some characters while, say Judy for Kerry are easy to say, written in a way that they are book characters, up to literature, still also abstractions.

Some good posts from SigilFey and @Didacgomez from other topics: What would fix the game for you? and https://www.escapistmagazine.com/the-bioware-romance-trap/
I agree. You mentioned GTA 5. Forget that game for a moment.
In much far older game but looks great; GTA IV (4) you had girlfriends and you can play pool in a reggae spot. Watch comedy live, club dancing, bowling. Tons of restaurants. Then the dlc, even more.

With Judy It’s interactive after you sealed the deal. You can talk & she knows it was you with the fiasco of Arasaka or The beat the law. In gta 4 the conversations were endless & funny depending on the story. Hang with just bro’s get drunk then drive & one friend will yell pigs. Air hockey is fun. But I hope they add even the simplest thing because I love CyberPunk🥹

Yea but the scenes were so tame, you never saw anything tbh just a bit of snuggles and then fade too black. Tbh i find it semi cringe when they make a proper scene (cp2077 for example :D) not the reason i play the game but at the same time i like that they atleast try. The FTB gets boring. I also kinda liked the more locked in romances in a way, most games would just have made all LI bi and be done with it just like the characters have no preferences themselfs. Personality goes a long way for the side characters.

For me the romances has always been flavor, adding more character and humanizing the characters.. And its optional. I hate when games make the choice for me.
Like I wrote with examples, if somebody sees opportunity in creating controversy, that can and has happened, regardless if actual facts support it. In case of Mass Effect it's curious why studio didn't brought artistic integrity to the table then. Emotional and physical drive, being what machines, the Reapers didn't had.

What comes to CP 2077 how scenes are perceived depends of people viewing them. Here's my take on tank scene for example. But I'm expressed that all, different strokes for different folks earlier in this topic, so I'm not sure what's there to discuss about that anymore.

I agree. You mentioned GTA 5. Forget that game for a moment.
In much far older game but looks great; GTA IV (4) you had girlfriends and you can play pool in a reggae spot. Watch comedy live, club dancing, bowling. Tons of restaurants. Then the dlc, even more.

With Judy It’s interactive after you sealed the deal. You can talk & she knows it was you with the fiasco of Arasaka or The beat the law. In gta 4 the conversations were endless & funny depending on the story. Hang with just bro’s get drunk then drive & one friend will yell pigs. Air hockey is fun. But I hope they add even the simplest thing because I love CyberPunk🥹
I played GTA series from the first and I gotta say from GTA IV that it had really outstanding driving physics but in general I felt I have done with the formula and I only did Bowling minigame couple of times and that was about it regarding side activities. It's just not interesting for me.

That said, I liked LeKill3rFou's idea about building a robot with Judy as that is sort of scene where Judy can message V if V wants to help her with that. It's different because it doesn't create situations where relevant NPC's just forget their agenda, even who they are, what goals they have, every time it's convenient to player.

Like I wrote with examples, if somebody sees opportunity in creating controversy, that can and has happened, regardless if actual facts support it. In case of Mass Effect it's curious why studio didn't brought artistic integrity to the table then. Emotional and physical drive, being what machines, the Reapers didn't had.

What comes to CP 2077 how scenes are perceived depends of people viewing them. Here's my take on tank scene for example. But I'm expressed that all, different strokes for different folks earlier in this topic, so I'm not sure what's there to discuss about that anymore.

I played GTA series from the first and I gotta say from GTA IV that it had really outstanding driving physics but in general I felt I have done with the formula and I only did Bowling minigame couple of times and that was about it regarding side activities. It's just not interesting for me.

That said, I liked LeKill3rFou's idea about building a robot with Judy as that is sort of scene where Judy can message V if V wants to help her with that. It's different because it doesn't create situations where relevant NPC's just forget their agenda, even who they are, what goals they have, every time it's convenient to player.
I love her idea. Guess my point was driving out, eating and literally anything. Ppl, some might like that in 77, Imagine. But all these ideas are good:)

That's the thing some players can't seem to wrap their head around. Everyone in the world isn't bi, if the game is truly being immersive then Yea you will meet ppl who you like but happen to be gay or straight. I liked Judy from the start but turns out she didn't feel the same, I was disappointed but I moved on. That's the healthy response.
Besides, that wasn't why I was playing the game to begin with so the relationship pairings weren't very relevant.

I was disappointed but I moved on.
I was disappointed and installed the Panam female romance mod for my second playthrough.
It's a game, not real life. I'd rather make choices myself who my V likes to romance than some game designer.
At least we can have several romances without the game raising a finger. Though I imagine playing male V, romancing Panam and Kerry and then do the Aldecaldo ending and bring Kerry would be awkward.

I was disappointed and installed the Panam female romance mod for my second playthrough.
It's a game, not real life. I'd rather make choices myself who my V likes to romance than some game designer.
At least we can have several romances without the game raising a finger. Though I imagine playing male V, romancing Panam and Kerry and then do the Aldecaldo ending and bring Kerry would be awkward.
Kerry would probably be into it. He is canonically bi and a rockstar so....lol

Yeah, the only reason he wasn't romanceable by fem V was to keep the balance between the romance options. I think he'd be totally into Panam
That's the reason? What a cop-out! I wanted to make a guy and girl for him to romance....ah well. It be what it be. Kind of like playing a bro-V. I make pretty dudes. lol

The romance ability between all the various characters is neat. It allows you to get a good idea of who each character is, see their story a little, and of course, provides very valuable allies for the end game. It's just one of those things that, even if you don't necessarily need to do any of them, taking the time for them makes a more immersive experience about the world of Cyberpunk and its people.

However, once you've completed a storyline... that's it. That is about all the interaction with the romanced characters you can get, period. At this point, if you're like me, you've probably worn out all the various side conversation dialogue options between Judy, Panam, River, and/or Kerry depending on your play through(s) and decisions made during it/them. This, personally, doesn't sit too right with me; you've essentially just spent time that V prolly coulda used not dying to learn about and enjoy the story of the four of them, only to have little to nothing in return other than a new Apartment and an achievement for completing the storyline.

I propose a simple solution, even if it comes in the form of a DLC that you can choose to install/enable at your own leisure if you so choose; the option to speak with a romanced character and do a minigame of some form with them fitting of their characters, e.g.;
  • For Panam;
    • Time in the Rouge Raxxa in the form of a "hit the targets" shooting game similar to the "tutorial" you get in Queen of the Highway,
    • V and Panam can meet with Cassidy for a shooting-range-like game similar to Stadium Love or We Gotta Live Together,
  • For Judy;
    • Possible simple swimming game a la finding things in whatever water, likely Laguna Bend considering,
    • Something potentially regarding braindances? Unsure how this would go, providing the nature of BDs in general, but could be worth something,
  • For River;
    • Joining him and Joss' kids in more AR games,
    • Potentially having him assist in some Gigs? That might be a little more doing but could be cool,
  • For Kerry;
    • Assuming something music related; maybe a rhythm game,
    • Something something "let's get Kerry to his old self" a la Rebel! Rebel! and so on, having him join in Gigs.
A série GTA faz isso com os personagens principais e seus amigos/família, por exemplo, você pode chamar Michael de Franklin e ir a um bar, assistir a um filme etc. , seja como simples petiscos divertidos ou o que você tem, bem como maior imersão e rejogabilidade, dando a V algo para fazer com eles depois que suas histórias são concluídas. Não parece mais que você está apenas fazendo o enredo de uma medalha e um novo apartamento; você está realmente interagindo com os personagens e fazendo algo que os interessaria.

Você também pode dar aos finalistas algo legal para acompanhar se fornecer uma espécie de "tabela de classificação"; obtenha uma boa pontuação em qualquer um dos "minijogos" e você poderá obter uma coisa ou outra no jogo ou uma conquista.
O queAgree, the bad thing is that after you finish the missions with the characters you can have a romance, it turns out you have almost nothing to interact with him, it would be really cool If .
The romance ability between all the various characters is neat. It allows you to get a good idea of who each character is, see their story a little, and of course, provides very valuable allies for the end game. It's just one of those things that, even if you don't necessarily need to do any of them, taking the time for them makes a more immersive experience about the world of Cyberpunk and its people.

However, once you've completed a storyline... that's it. That is about all the interaction with the romanced characters you can get, period. At this point, if you're like me, you've probably worn out all the various side conversation dialogue options between Judy, Panam, River, and/or Kerry depending on your play through(s) and decisions made during it/them. This, personally, doesn't sit too right with me; you've essentially just spent time that V prolly coulda used not dying to learn about and enjoy the story of the four of them, only to have little to nothing in return other than a new Apartment and an achievement for completing the storyline.

I propose a simple solution, even if it comes in the form of a DLC that you can choose to install/enable at your own leisure if you so choose; the option to speak with a romanced character and do a minigame of some form with them fitting of their characters, e.g.;
  • For Panam;
    • Time in the Rouge Raxxa in the form of a "hit the targets" shooting game similar to the "tutorial" you get in Queen of the Highway,
    • V and Panam can meet with Cassidy for a shooting-range-like game similar to Stadium Love or We Gotta Live Together,
  • For Judy;
    • Possible simple swimming game a la finding things in whatever water, likely Laguna Bend considering,
    • Something potentially regarding braindances? Unsure how this would go, providing the nature of BDs in general, but could be worth something,
  • For River;
    • Potentially having him assist in some Gigs? That might be a little more doing but could be cool,
  • For Kerry;
    • Something something "let's get Kerry to his old self" a la Rebel! Rebel! and so on, having him join in Gigs.
The GTA series does this with the main characters and their friends/family, e.g. you can call Michael as Franklin and go to a bar, watch a movie, etc. etc.. Having a similar functionality to that could lead to either further character building, either as simple fun tidbits or what have you, as well as further immersion and replayability by giving V something to do with them after their storylines are completed. It no longer feels like you're just doing the storyline for a medal and new apartment; you're actually interacting with the characters and doing something that would interest them.

You could also give the completionists a cool thing to keep track of if you provide a "leaderboard" of sorts; get a good score in any one of the "minigames" and you could get an in-game something-or-other or an achievement.
I agree with you, I wish they added more interaction with the characters, especially the ones you can date. Once you're done doing quests with them it's gone, you have almost nothing to interact with them again. This is too bad, I really wish there was a way to call people and do something, call them to go somewhere, could add more quests with them and more interactions. I particularly love Panam, but after you finish her missions almost nothing happens afterwards, very little interaction, it would be cool if they added more things to do with her and the other girlfriends that V may have.
Post automatically merged:

• For Panam;
  • For Judy;
  • For River;
  • For Kerry;
A série GTA faz isso com os personagens principais e seus amigos/família, por exemplo, você pode chamar Michael de Franklin e ir a um bar, assistir a um filme etc. , seja como simples petiscos divertidos ou o que você tem, bem como maior imersão e rejogabilidade, dando a V algo para fazer com eles depois que suas histórias são concluídas. Não parece mais que você está apenas fazendo o enredo de uma medalha e um novo apartamento; você está realmente interagindo com os personagens e fazendo algo que os interessaria.

Você também pode dar aos finalistas algo legal para acompanhar se fornecer uma espécie de "tabela de classificação"; obtenha uma boa pontuação em qualquer um dos "minijogos" e você poderá obter uma coisa ou outra no jogo ou uma conquista.
I agree with you, I wish they added more interaction with the characters, especially the ones you can date. Once you're done doing quests with them it's gone, you have almost nothing to interact with them again. This is too bad, I really wish there was a way to call people and do something, call them to go somewhere, could add more quests with them and more interactions. I particularly love Panam, but after you finish her missions almost nothing happens afterwards, very little interaction, it would be cool if they added more things to do with her and the other girlfriends that V may have.

Romance in CDPR games has been pretty great. The Witcher 3's was done masterfully. I think Cyberpunk's were very good.

I think if you pay too much attention to them you risk going into "dating sim" territory instead of building out an RPG and/or action-adventure open world game (whatever you'd want to call Cyberpunk). The romances serve a purpose more so to move the story forward rather than just to exist in and of themselves.

I hope we get more content with them in the expansion - I imagine they will be involved at some level. But I doubt it is taking them out on dates and more revolving on them helping with whatever the mission is (if you choose to engage them before playing the expansion content) or checking in on you afterward like they did at the end of Blood and Wine in The Witcher 3.

Romance in CDPR games has been pretty great. The Witcher 3's was done masterfully. I think Cyberpunk's were very good.

I think if you pay too much attention to them you risk going into "dating sim" territory instead of building out an RPG and/or action-adventure open world game (whatever you'd want to call Cyberpunk). The romances serve a purpose more so to move the story forward rather than just to exist in and of themselves.

I hope we get more content with them in the expansion - I imagine they will be involved at some level. But I doubt it is taking them out on dates and more revolving on them helping with whatever the mission is (if you choose to engage them before playing the expansion content) or checking in on you afterward like they did at the end of Blood and Wine in The Witcher 3.
Well, it would be nice to have more dialogue options with them after the romance is locked in, via Dragon Age style. But I definitely am hoping they are involved in the expansion in some way, shape or form.

Well, it would be nice to have more dialogue options with them after the romance is locked in, via Dragon Age style. But I definitely am hoping they are involved in the expansion in some way, shape or form.

Yeah - and I could even see one post romance-story ending thing. Like you go out with them or whatever for a night to really solidify that you are 'together' and 'in love' and all of that. As I think that would reasonably add to the character, story, etc. Could add weight to just existing in the world and what is on the line. Like if you are romancing Panam and your character really is in love with her and the game shows that - then the weight of the decisions later in the game get heavier and heavier, death becomes less and less of an option... and if you do die, then you are really losing something special (one of the themes that Edgerunners really laid on thick that resonated with people).

But I will say I'd rather the devs focus on other content rather than expanding too dramatically on that. Like... we should be able to go sleep with them whenever we want, talk to them about ten different things at any given time, have five different date night things we can replay and all that... I'd rather just have content outside of romances than doing some kind of deep dive like that.

I think there is already enough to develop an attachment to the characters. I think this is proven by large swathes of the community wanting to interact with them more - because the game did a good job of attaching you to them. I think that is the point of them.

Top Bottom