practicum in advanced alchemy

+
step 3 of this quest cant seem to complete. Locate a pimpernal in the woods using the witcher senses. I find the markings on ground but can not examine them. Would like to know if this is a bug or not?

Have you explored the surroundings ?
I don't to spoil too much, but you must meet someone :)
yes... I have searched high & low. I see the yellow circle where im suppose to go, along with magnifying glass icon to search a particular area etc.. the only thing that I have run into in this area are wolves. I will keep searching but, it seems fruitless at this point. Just as I typed this an out i finally found the entrance to a cave.... hmmm maybe on to something here.

Which platform ?
If PC, do you use mods ?
(mods which might the cause of the issue, I don't remember someone else how had an issue with this quest since next-gen update).

im on XBOX series X, still running around in circles here. I did meet someone in the cave and then I killed all monsters in cave. the guy seemed to have run off not able to find him again. This is one of the hardest quests or should say most puzzling. So far all other quests were straight forward an to the point no issues with any. ill keep going hopefully will solve it...

im on XBOX series X, still running around in circles here. I did meet someone in the cave and then I killed all monsters in cave. the guy seemed to have run off not able to find him again. This is one of the hardest quests or should say most puzzling. So far all other quests were straight forward an to the point no issues with any. ill keep going hopefully will solve it...
Ok, so did you try to clear the cache and reload a save created before approaching the area ?
(I'm also on Serie X, I completed this quest not long ago and no issue on my side).

Don't understand why its not working for me... I cleared cache reloaded prior saves but this quest was not yet available to me. Don't really wish to start over at level 4, im at level 21 much time invested to get this far. Am I the only one having this issue? strange part of this is I see markings on the ground that im suppose examine or so I think that's part of what my goal is on this quest. I mean as in the past when you using the Witcher senses you are to examine things. But this time I can not examine these markings, very odd.

Not sure that you can "really" examine like the clues during some other quests.
(in spoiler in case)
If I remember :
You can find the flowers already harvested (I could be wrong but you can't examine these flowers, Geralt just make a comment when you see them), then you find "human" foot prints (not sure if you can examine them too) and then meet a guy which search another "apprentice" that Gremist sent to do the same task before Geralt. Then you should find other "foot" prints (hooves) which lead to the apprentice and the succubus.
In any case, I recommand to send a ticket to the support for help if it's not already done ("contact us" button).

There's a setting in options that shows witcher sense clues on the minimap (shows up as red magnifying glass) make sure all those are searched. Things are hard to see I even play on a 50" and miss stuff.

Top Bottom