Preparing my next TW1 walkthrough with mods.

+
Preparing my next TW1 walkthrough with mods.

I got the German edition (with EE) of the game.
Planned so far:
- Language files.
- Maybe FCR mod
- What is the difference between normal and hard apart from numbers and sword click animation? I want to keep the animation, but I am fine with prob all other hindrances, but what are those?
- I want to adjust the selling money. TW1 has a way too easy access to money. Last (and first) time I played it through I only had to save for the armor in chapter 2 and after that I had no money issues AT ALL.
- Linked to the above, are there mods with bonus weapons/armor/equipment? Actually, maybe it wouldn't be that bad if the additional weapons got simply buffed, it is a shame somehow that they are in the game but mostly unused.

Can someone answer these?

- What is the difference between normal and hard apart from numbers and sword click animation? I want to keep the animation, but I am fine with prob all other hindrances, but what are those?

- I want to adjust the selling money. TW1 has a way too easy access to money. Last (and first) time I played it through I only had to save for the armor in chapter 2 and after that I had no money issues AT ALL.

There are mods for TW2 @ the official website. But I couldn't find mods for TW1 here it seems?

Hello. Perhaps you want something hard, more reallistic and close to the lore?

If that's what you want, try intalling the hard pack of the FCR mod, with the option of fewer and harder monsters, and play it in the "Witcher" difficulty (the hardest, that will set Geralt to only 40 vitality points at the beginning). That mod will make you spend a lot in alchemy, oils and bombs. Also install the Alchemy mod, that will harden the way of making those things and also make the game even more close to the lore.
If you want more realism try the scabbard mod, perfect rain mod, perfect blood mod and realistic mood HD (just aesthetics, but all of them augment immersion). Also the Sex Takes Time mod for more immersion.
You can also install the Rise of the White Wolf mod, that will add new textures to the characters, new clothes and armors, new cutscenes and a new look to the interface of the game (making it similar to Assassins of Kings).

I hope this helps.

EDIT: One more thing. If you want even more difficulty, you can make yourself the promise that you won't save the game manually, only rely on the auto-saves, that occur when you enter another area or building, after completing a part of a mission. That will make you pay atention to everything you do before you do it. You'll have to prepare yourself for whatever can happend.

Last edited:
Already got FCR (not installed yet though). What does the Alchemy Mod do again? Was it that one that I need certain ingredient for EVERY potion/oil/bomb, means I can't substitute them?
FCR normal = hard on TW vanilla? Wanted to go on hard this time, I beat it on normal once.

The Alchemy mod subdivides the potions, oils and bombs into subcategories, making alchemy more understandable, but also changes some of the items, preventing you from using low quality strong alcohols as bases for potions, which doesn't make sense, because witcher potions are rare and hard to make in Geralt's world. That makes you have to get good quality materials for alchemy, which means spending more money.
FCR has two packages (an Easy one and a Hard one). I think the Easy package is as hard as the vanilla, and the Hard package is harder in every way. In the "Witcher" difficulty you die with just three arrows or two sword swings, in the beggining, but you are reached by enemy weapons only when being hit from behind, so you have to keep your oponents in front of you, always. You make that either by making dodges, runing around trees and stones, or withdrawing to staircases, to set your oponents in a queue.
If you go as I suggested, I think it's going to be the hardest playthrough possible.
You can add the difficulty potions pack of the FCR mod, in case you want to change difficulty during the game, without having to begin another playthrough.

Question:
Do I have got a bugged install? In the item inventory, things like Whetstone show the desc that it increases damage by 1. In the buff bar, it tells me 10%.
In the hero window, the descriptions all tell me wrong required talents, not matching the color. Some descriptions are not correct, such as my skill tree suggests that Strength gives HP, which it doesn't.
Also, Axii is listed with it's descriptions, instead of Heliotrop.

Is this normal in the mod or did I mess something up. If the latter, it might be that I changed the language from Ger to En after the installation.

Apart from that, is it possible to increase the Vit pool by much or is it very limited in general in FCR?

Vitality has max of IIRC 2.

The other seems like a mixed FCR and "normal" set of skills. Often comes about by mixing incompatible mods, or by using a save from non-FCR in FCR or vice versa. You should always start a new play when changing mods that modify core gameplay ~ you might need to reinstall the whole game and FCR if the uninstall cache is overwritten with fragments from multiple mods ~ there is no telling how the effects of a partially disabled mod interact with the game and other mods.

" Vitality has max of IIRC 2."
What do you mean with that?

I got the issue solved. But got any tips for hwo to beat the boss ghoul in chap 1? He seems to outstat me so hard :(

Forgot to add some info; I am level 10, skilled in intelligence and signs, necro oil, potions (swallow, blizzard, rubedo dominance, nigredo dominance, tawny owl and foodz).

4th difficulty

Top Bottom