Prize-winning cow and Unlimited chorts

+
Prize-winning cow and Unlimited chorts

So I played a weather card and my opponent played a prize-winning cow in that row, and then boosted it with a swallow potion. This makes the cow spawn a chort (power = 6) every time the frost damaged it. Fair enough, clever play I say. But shouldn't this chort spawning nonsense be limited to the number of chorts that the player actually has in his/her deck? Notice the picture I attached below, and notice that the cow has spawned FIVE chorts in that row. What you will not notice is that there are already three or four chorts in the graveyard. This is nonsense. This mechanics is essentially giving a player free chorts, out of thin air.

I get that this is beta, and that is why things like this must be fixed. Sorry haven't reached 10 posts yet so I'm posting here.

Attachments

• lpjCCiG.jpg
    lpjCCiG.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 218
When the cow gets buffed and then damaged, it can get out of hand. But I do really like the mechanic. Besides, the cow as well as the spawns can be easily countered in a number of ways. Maybe make the cow spawn a weaker Chort as a middle ground, like 4 strength or something.

It's worth only 22 points. For a silver card that needs boost (so 2 cards) and carries huge risk of not getting over 14 points its not that much

It's working as intended. It's still a bad card, in long turn it's actually buffing axeman if you play vs skellige. It gives flat 6 points chort per turn in frost but every turn it loses 1 point and chort loses 1 point so it gives 4 points per turn in frost. But if there are axeman on other side they also get buffed per body so in the end cow gives negative value.
Been there, done that ;)
Also if enemy doesn't play weather it's preety much dead card.
Btw it is much better in skellige decks with ships, you don't need to rely on enemy frost.

8183k;n9013160 said:
So I played a weather card and my opponent played a prize-winning cow in that row, and then boosted it with a swallow potion. This makes the cow spawn a chort (power = 6) every time the frost damaged it. Fair enough, clever play I say. But shouldn't this chort spawning nonsense be limited to the number of chorts that the player actually has in his/her deck? Notice the picture I attached below, and notice that the cow has spawned FIVE chorts in that row. What you will not notice is that there are already three or four chorts in the graveyard. This is nonsense. This mechanics is essentially giving a player free chorts, out of thin air.

I get that this is beta, and that is why things like this must be fixed. Sorry haven't reached 10 posts yet so I'm posting here.

lol. looks like you guys are going at it "monster frost eats monster frost". That is one chilly board right there.

Those chorts have nothing to do with your opponent's deck. They're being spawned, not summoned, meaning the cow actually generates chorts, regardless of if there are any in your opponent's deck or not.

Haven't seen this being abused, and don't think it's a problem solely as a counter to weather.

It's cool to see another user for the cow. I've mostly only seen it used by the ai in challenges to counter my own (dead) cows.

For a card that is unlimited and given a power of 6...I agree, it is a very frustrating turn of events in battle, however, a good strategy can compensate for or avoid it.

Top Bottom