Probably memory leak - Cyberpunk

+
Yup, the RT reflections are the culprit for the lower general framerate. They need to add adjustable reflection quality.

Still, I'm not sure if they are the cause for memory leaks. I don't think it matters - as soon as you enable any RT effect the BVH structures which occupy some VRAM get build anyway, regardless if its just for shadows of reflections.

There is no memory leak, game was made for top tier GPUs and the amount of ultra quality textures they need to process while playing is what makes the GPU struggle, 8GB is on the limit for games like Apex Legends that only use few characters and a single map, you can't expect to work well in a open world game with harder graphics for your hardware and also ton more of stuff around. Sorry to tell you but a 2060 is a low tier card to play at high quality textures and RT on in this game unless you lower the resolution. You could fix this if you had an insane Overclocked CPU with atleast 32GB of Overclocked RAM but you clearly would have a 3080 if that was the case.

There is no memory leak, game was made for top tier GPUs and the amount of ultra quality textures they need to process while playing is what makes the GPU struggle, 8GB is on the limit for games like Apex Legends that only use few characters and a single map, you can't expect to work well in a open world game with harder graphics for your hardware and also ton more of stuff around. Sorry to tell you but a 2060 is a low tier card to play at high quality textures and RT on in this game unless you lower the resolution. You could fix this if you had an insane Overclocked CPU with atleast 32GB of Overclocked RAM but you clearly would have a 3080 if that was the case.
There have been a lot of reports of otherwise smooth performance being hit with transient but jarring drops in FPS, seems to be affecting a lot of different builds, high and low end equally. Whether this is a memory 'leak' as such or something else is a debate :) but it's not a given that a 2060 for instance is inherently going to struggle. If it runs smooth (at whatever settings are best for a given card) but then bombs periodically, in my book that says there's an issue which can be improved on.

Note I'm not suggesting that a low-end card should expect to run well with maxed-out setttings. But when you find settings that run well for a time, and then don't - there's something else wrong.

Try deleting \AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\

This will delete usersettings.json, which will revert all of your keybinds and graphics options, so make a backup.

Ryzen 5800x + RTX 3080 + 32 GB RAM + Gen4 PCI-E SSD + Win 11 here
I play on 3440x1440 with RT features maxxed out and DLSS at performance, I get around 60-70 fps while on foot and 50 when driving really fast in the city. So totally playable, BUT! only on a fresh boot of my PC. When I had my PC on overnight and I start playing Cyberpunk the game avg fps is only around 40 and frequently drops to the 20s. I have to reboot the PC to get my normal fps back for around 90 to 120 minutes before I have to reboot again. I cannot combare it to what it was like before patch 1.5 because I only played the game on release to around 6 weeks after, not touching it until 1.5 hit. And before anybody asks, no its not like this with other games, I tested it with Guardians of the Galaxy and Forza Motorsport 7. I can play these game for hours without a performance degration.

Ryzen 5800x + RTX 3080 + 32 GB RAM + Gen4 PCI-E SSD + Win 11 here
I play on 3440x1440 with RT features maxxed out and DLSS at performance, I get around 60-70 fps while on foot and 50 when driving really fast in the city. So totally playable, BUT! only on a fresh boot of my PC. When I had my PC on overnight and I start playing Cyberpunk the game avg fps is only around 40 and frequently drops to the 20s. I have to reboot the PC to get my normal fps back for around 90 to 120 minutes before I have to reboot again. I cannot combare it to what it was like before patch 1.5 because I only played the game on release to around 6 weeks after, not touching it until 1.5 hit. And before anybody asks, no its not like this with other games, I tested it with Guardians of the Galaxy and Forza Motorsport 7. I can play these game for hours without a performance degration.
That seems an interesting observation - just having the PC on 'idle' for a few hours without CP2077 running, creates the situation which is causing the bad in-game performance? It seems hard to blame the game for that, except that maybe there's some memory housekeeping that is being overlooked, or maybe the PC carries on doing somrthing in the background that a fresh boot resets.

PCs are a right PITA sometimes :) so many things independent of the game that need to be handled well.

I can chime in with a 10 GB 3080 and the same issue. I used the Afterlife to market then reload method. I saw a drop from 65-75 FPS to 45-50 and falling. Also your VRAM theory holds. 7.7 GB initially and after two passes VRAM is at 8.3 and climbing.

I've been crashing about 60 minutes into play (roughly). Seems to happen 20% of the time while opening data shards to read, but the rest seem pretty random.
Hey there. Could you please write the rest of your system rig?

So i used to get a very nice smooth fps of 65-75 fps in 1.5 now 1.6 launched boom 47-52 fps for no reason whatsoever plus some weird stutters and image fast foward for a split second, its so annoying now to even drive. i used the same setting as before rt off all other setting close to max 1440p dlss balance btw lowering other graphical setting didnt even had much impact on performance. so now to get similar performance ih ave to turn dlss on ultra performance which destroys the graphical settings. care to mention inside areas tend to run v good compared with outside, outside performance now is extremely bad, i dont know what they keep tinkering with performance setting over and over every patch and making it worse for some people.

My pc is i9 12th gen with 3060ti 32gb ddr5

Something weird is happening in the game currently, anyone else having similar issues?

I realized the RAM usage of this game never drops... once saw it go over 25GB, which has made me restart the game regularly
So it was a memory leak that caused this.

I have the same problem. 1440p or 4k. Ultra plus rt ultra dlss quality 1440p or performance with 4k.
Rtx 3080 10GB, i910850k, 32GBRAM 3600 cl17. Windows 10.
Before patch 1.5 everything ok. NOW its not ok.

This should have been a priority ages ago, still having significant mem leak issues. The only fix for me when it gets in a lowered fps state is to totally restart the game, this gets very tiring after a while.

i rly hope they fix it. got this bug too my vram ran close to max after a while playing since the latest patch comes out. this could be the thing to restart every 1hr the pc to play the game. rly dispointed. hope they will fix it

system:
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix 10 GB
32 GB DDR4
Win 11
1440p

doesn´t matter if i use rt quality, balanced or disabled. never had this before the latest patch (game is on steam)

ingame settings

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_33_49_485.jpeg
    Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_33_49_485.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 29
  • Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_33_55_905.jpeg
    Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_33_55_905.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_33_59_144.jpeg
    Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_33_59_144.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_34_04_194.jpeg
    Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_34_04_194.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_34_05_974.jpeg
    Cyberpunk2077_2023_05_29_23_34_05_974.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
i rly hope they fix it. got this bug too my vram ran close to max after a while playing since the latest patch 1.61 comes out. this could be the thing to restart every 1hr the pc to play the game. rly dispointed. hope they will fix it

system:
AMD Ryzen 5, 7600
Gainwaird 3080
32GB DDR5 RAM
Win 11
1440p

doesn´t matter if i use rt quality, balanced or disabled. never had this before the patch 1.61

ingame settings
If you didn't, I highly recommand to directly contact the support. It's the best way to keep CDPR aware about issues.
"Contact Us" button and add as much details as possible (maybe a DxDiag too).

Post automatically merged:

If you didn't, I highly recommand to directly contact the support. It's the best way to keep CDPR aware about issues.
"Contact Us" button and add as much details as possible (maybe a DxDiag too).

yeah i did it

Last edited:
thats rly strange i got every time i verfi the game files after i played the game. i missing files. maybe this is the error?

Last edited:
thats rly strange i got every time i verfi the game files i missing files. maybe this is the error?
Maybe, not sure.
But if steam always find missing files when you verify the game files, could be a good idea to perform a clean install of the game, just to be sure.

i don´t know. since the missing files comes only after playing the game. when i verfi the game and it found the missing file and i verfi again nothing happens, only when i play the game and i got the memory leak after a while. then i go verfi the files and i got always 1 missing file. i did a clean reinstall 2 days ago before i did my first post here. i removed every mod and try it with clean install and vanila game but still happens

reinstall again (clean install, no mods, nothing) and still got over 8500mb vram usage ran´s to over 9k since when my save is loaded on main menu is around 3-4k usage.buh... rly disapointed

did a clean reinstall again and after i played few min vram usage goes high. i end the game and start verfi the game files and again 1 file missing 2.8mb redownloaded from steam... =/ no idea if that means something or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom