Project Golden Nekker? What Do You Expect or Hope?

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
That was probably the biggest disappointment i've got from yesterday's dev stream video.
Getting an artwork is nowhere near enough, considering it was intended to be released by the end of THIS year - i dont even even need to search much, its right on the OP of this thread:

As some of you may know, in the Roadmap + Update 8.3 Overview video (March 8th, 2021), Pawel Burza and Jason Slama revealed the potential arrival of a mysterious single-player mode in Gwent, code-named 'Project Golden Nekker' (see segment). Ideally, if all goes to plan, the mode could arrive in the last quarter of this year.

Not only did it not arrive, but we still dont have any idea of what it is or the scope it will have.
Same could be said about Draft, a full year after and still in beta, with no definitive release plans other than "2022".

Way too many empty promises and delays, i hope the new director does a better job in the future.

Place of power, gotta be. That one would make for an excellent desktop background, it's so pretty.

I wonder what city that is. Can't be Novigrad as the part in the background doesn't look like Temple Isle, and it's definitely not Oxenfurt. Doesn't look like Vizima either. Architecture looks Northern though, so I would imagine it is some city in that area.

Seems odd that everyone has headwear, and that women only wear scarves and men those round caps(?).

I see what could be a Redanian soldier of some kind on the left, wearing red and a metal helm, and the dog seems to be with him.

The goose reminds me of Witcher 3 geese that run with their wings spread like that.

Cannot see any connection to the laboratory image that was revealed earlier this year, not that it means anything.

A Thronebreaker style campaign where you play as monsters with a golden nekker as protagonist could be really fun. That is my biggest hope for this.

A decent storyline, some rewards such as keys, vanities, leaders or just a contract that tracks progress in the story and awards you with those. And, of course, scenarios that are hard to win so you can't just speedrun with NR Mages or something ridiculous like that. Hoping it will require building separate, off-meta decks to even have a chance vs whatever we're facing!

IGN reveal that The Witcher's Gwent is becoming a new, single-player, standalone game, codenamed Project Golden Nekker and set to launch in 2022.

Project Golden Nekker is currently in development within CD Projekt Red’s Gwent team and aims to provide a “captivating single-player experience” different to previous versions of the digital card game.

Project Golden Nekker will be a completely standalone game, and won’t require players to own any other versions of Gwent to get the full experience.

'The Barbarian' - Exclusive card art from Project Golden Nekker.
'The Barbarian' - Exclusive card art from Project Golden Nekker.

Project Golden Nekker will be something else entirely according to Gwent Comms Lead Paweł Burza: “It’s not another Witcher Tales [game] but something different,” he said. “We’re aiming to provide a captivating single-player for players who prefer it over competitive multiplayer Gwent.”

Source:

Last edited:
Claims, speculations, and exactly zero basis for those details on anything concrete. No sources, just presenting speculations as facts.

Clickbait at its worst, and deserves no attention. I'm sure official news will come when there is something to announce. In the meantime, "news" like that article ought to be avoided.

Thank you for the information @OneWhoCravesSouls. It is sad to hear that it's not gonna be like Thronebreaker as I really liked the game while still playing The Gwent; however, it's good they're focusing on more single player content.

Wonder what the approach will be like: Inscryption, Slay the Spire or maybe Legends of Runeterra SP? Whatever it is, I am greatful for what's to come.

Clickbait at its worst, still; no sources cited, and neither of those tweets confirms everything.

A quality article always mentions where the information came from, because not doing so usually means there is no source. I do not trust that article, and I certainly do not take it as some absolute truth. Unless officially confirmed, which neither of those tweets does.

What do you mean? Article says Ryan Dinsdale talked with Burza about it, and Burza's tweet confirms it.
i didnt understand too.

Pawel reply the tweet, if it was a lie he would say, was a plesur talk to you, but some of those information wasnt right, or something lie that.

Well it kind of seems to be official right now. Fingers crossed for it to be a memorable experience, just as Thronebreaker was. I doubt this will come up this Spring, so I presume an Autumn date is the most likely, but who knows.

I hope it won't be embarrassingly easy like the Tales game. The fact that you can get through most of the game with the vanilla deck completely destroyed the experience for me.
Not sure what approach they'll use now, but I'm definitely curious as I vastly prefer SP games.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Clickbait at its worst, still; no sources cited, and neither of those tweets confirms everything.

A quality article always mentions where the information came from, because not doing so usually means there is no source. I do not trust that article, and I certainly do not take it as some absolute truth. Unless officially confirmed, which neither of those tweets does.
It is confirmed that an official reveal for the game is coming soon, so at least IGN's post emphasizes that Project Golden Nekker is confirmed to be in development. IGN has cited the Roadmap 2022 + Developer Update as their source which has been streamed two month ago.

Timestamps on 31 January 2022:
1:00 pm: IGN post
2:53 pm: Gwent twitter
7:07 pm: IGN post updated

What do you expect from this? They can’t even fix minor cosmetics bugs in the current Gwent, cmon people, don’t fool yourself

Well, as Thronebreaker was incredible both in story telling and environment, I was really hoping for sort of second instalment of it, but 'Burza already confirmed that this ''golden nekker'' is something different, and that makes me worried now!.

Top Bottom