Ps4 and Xbox One - first (and second) impressions

+
Ps4 and Xbox One - first (and second) impressions

New consoles are out this and next week. Personally, I am not buying either one this time because there are no exclusives I am interested in. Well, except Ryse, but I am not about to shell out $500 to play a single game.

But I bet there are people who are getting either ps4 or X1 right now or soon. Could you please tell about your experience with them, your impressions, problems, interesting things, stuff like this? Thanks in advance.

Aver

Forum veteran
I also wait with buying PS4, but I found this feature really cool:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-16-man-demoes-vita-ps4-remote-play-over-mobile-lte-network

You can remotely play your PS4 games with PSP Vita, even via mobile Internet. Just like Steambox or Nvidia shield, but you are not limited to Wi-Fi and it works surprisingly well.

Also the fact that new PS4 controller is so precise that devs didn't add aim assist in Killzone. Obviously it's not as precise as mouse, but still it's great achievement. I can't way to check it out, because lack of precision was really annoying in games that play way better on controller, but had shooting segments, like Sleeping Dogs for example.

Yeah. I'll get back to the subject once either consoles have games that are actually worth playing. The launch software lineup on both consoles is horrible..

PS4 reviews mostly sound...hmm...cautious, even disappointed sometimes. Personally I don't see anything compelling about Sony's console, let's see how Xbox One turns out next week. I probably will end up buying MS console anyway down the road, as my vigorous 4-year old would probably end up loving Kinect games and a blue-ray player will come in handy for me.

Likewise as Aver I'm going to wait a bit on PS4. There are no games completely compelling me to get it now. Friend of mine got one so I'll probably go ahead and get the new Assassin's Creed and play it on his. The controller is indeed excellent, it'll take some time getting adjusted to the controller as my main console was 360.

The only thing wrong I see with the PS4 is they added a lot of features, but cut a lot of basic ones too. But they could add them in a future update.

All that said I'll keep an eye on the One while I'm waiting to get the other. They might do something that will get me back in their camp. Doubtful though and I don't want to have to buy a kinect that'll sit in the closet.

Looks like clever people working for Microsoft. Good PR move:

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/401349054912663552/photo/1

fans already made up their mind.

I need to sort out few things in life before I waste time on games. I travel to places to don't always have internet access, free internet is usually crap. PS4 fits me perfectly especially since its so small and light and pretty cheap to last 5 years for 399$.. good deal.

..tbh I would rather wait and buy new gaming laptop mid next year when new gpu's and cpu's comes out.

im thinking of getting the PS4 just to play W3 down the line. i think that to play W3on the PC id need a video card that is wort more than $399 so i think its abetter option to go for the console.

I'm still on the fence. I think I'm going with the X1, but not until next year. The Witcher and the next Arkham game are the only titles I'd want to buy.

as my vigorous 4-year old would probably end up loving Kinect games and a blue-ray player will come in handy for me.

You could always introduce him to real games, not the crap on Kinect.

Not saying stuff about Witcher, but there's Tetris and Lines as examples.

I'll probably buy a PS4 next year after the first issues with hardware/software are resolved and the big games starts coming out.

I am not sold yet on either console to be honest. The current PS4 line up is rather weak and the Xbone seems to lack a bit in the power department (seeing all the 720p games).

I'm definitely not interested in anything that Microsoft has to offer. I don't trust those cunts for a second.

The PS3 works great and the exclusives it has are fucking phenomenal. If that's any indication of the line up of games that await the PS4, then yeah. I'm gonna pick it up. Not right now though. In a year, 2 years. Something like that. Ain't worth it at the moment. Obviously, I mean it barely has any games. Better to just upgrade your PC. I have an xbox controller for my PC so any games that will come out for both platforms but say that particular game works better with a controller, then I'm already set.

So yeah. Not buying anything right now, I'm never buying the overpriced piece of shit XBONE. Some time in the future, when more games have been released, or rather when games of any worth have been released, then I might pick up the PS4. Though the fact that you have to pay for Plus now is a bit offputting but eh.

I'm PC dude at heart though. So any game that I can get for PC, I will. Games that are exclusives however, and I don't mean to the PS4, but console exclusives can be worth picking up a console. Just to experience dat guuud shit.

@Foggy
I agree mostly, especially the part of not being able to trust MS. Their plans may have been completely changed, but they did try to ship a console which I feel takes many consumer rights away. That said, I do feel a need to play Dead Rising 3 since it seems so crazy fun.

The main bummer with the two launches for me is the lack of a decent RPG. It is mainly shooters, racers and a bit of platforming, where are the games in which you set out in a giant world?

CostinMoroianu said:
You could always introduce him to real games, not the crap on Kinect.

Not saying stuff about Witcher, but there's Tetris and Lines as examples.

I think the idea is to encourage 'activity' Costin...

Its difficult... I have an xbox 360 and I do pay for a subscription (which is irritating), but this also carries across to XBone... yet PS4 is cheaper and free online.

Since Halo has gone down the drain, Ryse looks disappointing and I cant afford a decent PC, PS4 for the W3 seems like a more realistic option :/

Top Bottom