[PS4] Frame-Rate & Stutter

+
[PS4] Frame-Rate & Stutter

The game stutters realy bad, I've patched the game to 1.02 but the frame rate isnt fixed. The camera acting weird like frame pacing bug. This issues killes the mood and enjoying. Please CDPR fix this issue, you guys said those issues were iron out, but it isnt. The frame rate drops to 20 in some places like cities, bandit camps with fogy places.

Crashes on Gwen when pressing triangle button for pass.

A quest in Velen, you need a Key to rescue merchand from cage, but bandits doesnt drop it. There is a camp too with some NPCs, the frame rate is so bad there because that fog or bug dunno.

Same here....i stop playing...it´s annoying that camera stutterring, can´t look around for more than 5 minutes cause it gets unpleasure, it breaks the all experience and enjoyment...hope they fix it very soon...

I'm pretty sure this issue is affecting everyone, regardless of platform. You don't even need to rotate the camera to see it, it's present when in Roach's walk animation as well.

If it's happening all over, why is there no mention of it on any of the news outlets or reviews?

It's way too obvious to disregard.

Absolutely the most urgent thing that needs to be fixed. Can't play it now. Hope it gets fixed in the upcoming huge patch.

I just cant focus in witcher 3 because that frame rate and stutter issues, it kills realy the enjoy. I wouldnt lie but W2 was more enjoyable to jump in adventure without those issues. W3 just makes me like a game tester not a player. Hell, it feels like, Im still waiting W3 to come out and play. I just cant focus on that game.

The game stutters realy bad, I've patched the game to 1.02 but the frame rate isnt fixed. The camera acting weird like frame pacing bug. This issues killes the mood and enjoying. Please CDPR fix this issue, you guys said those issues were iron out, but it isnt. The frame rate drops to 20 in some places like cities, bandit camps with fogy places.

Crashes on Gwen when pressing triangle button for pass.

A quest in Velen, you need a Key to rescue merchand from cage, but bandits doesnt drop it. There is a camp too with some NPCs, the frame rate is so bad there because that fog or bug dunno.

Yes big problem with stuttering, it's not very pleasant, i like witcher 3 but this issue ruin the game

I'm pulling my hair out with the frame rate issues as well. Really upset it was barely mentioned in some reviews, and not mentioned in others altogether. How do you give a game with such massive frame rate issues anything approaching a 10?! There must be a reason why... Perhaps an incentive, or a misleading promise about how the day1 patch will fix it?

To put it lightly, it is a significant problem... It is always there. If I were to wager, the game on PS4 spends the majority of the time below 30fps... Probably closer to 20 when fighting multiple enemies with lighting effects.

Goodluck to CDPR on fixing it, if it is even reasonable to believe possible. My money is already sunk.

I am suffering from a major issue. Those rame rate drops are accuring during fire-based actions( burning bodies, using Igni). I think that the problem is in smoke particles... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5qiQ3gBC9o

I definitely see drops in frame rate when using igni, and when around lit areas.

The worst I've experienced (in my relatively short play time) is when retrieving the baron's child to turn in to a lubberkin. The fights with the spectres are TERRIBLE... Fighting multiple enemies with individual lighting effects... Use igni? Forget about it.

I have the same problem on my PS4. When i need to help a brother of baron soldier when building's was on fire fps drops was terrible. Game is unplayable in that state.

The Evil Within also has a similar issue with particle effects. Burning bodies and anything to do with fire/smoke drops the frames considerably low. That video reminded me of that. Thankfully with several patches the issue has lessened, without loss of any quality to the game, but you can still see it drop, though not as much as before.

Hopefully this gets optimized without the loss of quality. You'll also notice frame drops during a particular quest Wandering in the Dark, and this time It's not fire/smoke or even particle effects...

I think it's odd how this stutter seems to effect some people in different ways and to lesser or greater extents. Apart from the cut scene with the Griffon I hadn't really experienced any at all until quite recently. I'm a bit of a completist so I cleared everything in White Orchard before moving onto Velen.

Once there I had no issues for many hours. I rode around exploring and opening up places of interest on the map while attempting to do a few side quests but ignored the main quest line for around six hours. I then decided to do the Witch portion of the main quest after visiting the inn on the crossroads and once again this was OK.

After doing this I did a few more bits and bobs before travelling to Novigrad. I still didn't really experience much apart from the odd dip while there but certainly not as bad as others. I didn't really do much there as I just wanted to exchange my money and open up quick travel, but after travelling back to Velen I began to notice a small amount of stutter while panning after doing a side quest involving a Werewolf.

This made me wonder whether this issue is partially caused by opening up new areas in the game. I seem to remember other games have had similar issues. Why this would effect some consoles more than others is odd. I didn't download any DLC content which I'm thinking may have something to do with it (learned that lesson from Dragon Age Inquisition). I'm also wondering whether free disk space has anything to do with it (not that I have a lot, I had to clear space for my install from disk).

The frame rate near fire is horrible, but the frame rate in the swamps, oooohohohoho, it's an effin' torture to play there :facepalm:

I'm doing a story mision there and my eyes just want to bleed, I literally have tear drops at some times there, very unpleasant and game breaking.

Someone posted a workaround that I can honestly say helped me. The problem is still there but it's a lot better after changing these settings on my PS4.

Go to:

[Settings] > [Sound and Screen] > [Video Output Settings] and change the RGB Range to Full. Also, make sure you TV's details (size, resolution, etc.) are correct.

This helped a lot but I'm not sure if it will help everyone since we all have different TV's. I have a 50" Sony 3D TV connected through HDMI. Again, the stuttering is still there but is WAY less now.

Top Bottom