PS4 installation after install 1.51 update gets corrupted.

+
I just finished downloading the digital version I bought because I couldn’t wait for them to fix the disc version.
Amazing load times improvement holy crap!
Everything seems so much faster and improved overall!!
most importantly I got to continue and resume my V from the physical disc version to the digital version haha $27 well spent.
Also I’m using regular PS4 and the graphics performance and load times are much better now.

I don't know what the problem is, I know the solution isn't matching the CUSAs in console and disc, I'm just saying the problem may be around this problem. Are all disc users from all regions of the world having this? Is it an internal Sony protocol that got busted?
In the end it's true, we're just guessing here, troubleshooting is my way of dealing with the frustration..
" Are all disc users from all regions of the world having this? "
Yes! Not one person has come forward and said "look, mine works"

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what the problem is, I know the solution isn't matching the CUSAs in console and disc, I'm just saying the problem may be around this problem. Are all disc users from all regions of the world having this? Is it an internal Sony protocol that got busted?
In the end it's true, we're just guessing here, troubleshooting is my way of dealing with the frustration..
I guess so I’m in Sweden.

my 2 cents, i honestly think the reason CDPR haven't said anything is because this is an absolute PR disaster yet again for them and by highlighting this (for them) it makes this bad situation even worse for their reputation. The biggest losers out of that are of course us the players, again. We have no idea if this will take a week or months and that's the biggest problem for me. Beyond frustrating.

also i spoke to Sony Support on their chat yesterday and they told me that hadn't had any other reports of this issue. So if anyone wants, please raise this issue with Sony, i did let them also know this issue was only for PS4 disk and not for PC or x-box, so very much a Sony issue
In my opinion, they are aware of the problem

[...]

Its not like everybody can migrate to PS5 or PCs too. FFS, the PS5 is back order for months, not available anywhere ( outside of scalpers who sell it over 2000$, and it should be illegal, fyi ). PC's graphic cards are WAY overpriced because of Bitcoin miners. The whole chip shortage is putting alot of orders on halt too.

Migrating magicly to next Gen, is currently no go because of shortage, and the amount.
I can't find a Series X either but like Dragon Age Inquisition Gta V there are games that overlap between console generations and publishers have to make a choice. I'm fine with being left behind for future content but being left out is unacceptable.

REPORT YOUR NON-FUNCTIONING PS4 DISC TO SONY HERE:

Also please include this in your signatures so that forum lurkers viewing the thread can see this message on older pages as well. If anyone else has a better way to contact Sony, please let me know. maybe @AlucardChristian can update his OP with this call to action

For those who plan to buy the digital version, don't. You will lose money unnecessarily and if you do so, don't forget that in the end they will be the winners since the money will go to them. It has to be a mistake for them not an advantage.
Digital version maybe better atm but i agree! It's not worth it why pay for a game that you already own just ridiculous. Recommended to NOT buy digital and wait for the fix patch to release whenever that is.
Post automatically merged:

REPORT YOUR NON-FUNCTIONING PS4 DISC TO SONY HERE:

Also please include this in your signatures so that forum lurkers viewing the thread can see this message on older pages as well. If anyone else has a better way to contact Sony, please let me know. maybe @AlucardChristian can update his OP with this call to action
Good thing is sony already knows the issue since if you go to the PS store and search cyberpunk there is now a warning saying it's not recommended to be played on ps4 atm. So now it's just the matter of time.

Last edited:
Digital version maybe better atm but i agree! It's not worth it why pay for a game that you already own just ridiculous. Recommended to NOT but digital and wait for the fix patch to release whenever that is.
Agreed people do not pay money for the game again! because that’ll totally tech them to care more about us ;)

Digital version maybe better atm but i agree! It's not worth it why pay for a game that you already own just ridiculous. Recommended to NOT but digital and wait for the fix patch to release whenever that is.

Good thing is sony already knows the issue since if you go to the PS store and search cyberpunk there is now a warning saying it's nit recommended to be played on ps4 atm. So now it's just the matter of time.
That store warning has been there since Sony allowed the game back up on the PSN. That's not a new thing.

I asked for help from sony support and told them that as far as I know, all ps4 players with the physical version of the game had the same problem and that removing the 1.5 version from the physical versions would not bother me at all because it would allow me to play it at last

Good thing is sony already knows the issue since if you go to the PS store and search cyberpunk there is now a warning saying it's not recommended to be played on ps4 atm. So now it's just the matter of time.
That recomendation is there since the game came back to the PStore. I'm not buying again but please, let's not turn on our neighbour for reacting different from us when the responsible entities fucked up. There won't be a relevant number of digital sales to have an impact here.

Top Bottom