PS4 installation after install 1.51 update gets corrupted.

+
i don't wanna start over from scratch at all im sure no one does after so many progress and items people have gotten in the game but this does explanation does make it better now
I do, I have just scratch all my previous saves, literally everything (few saves with more than 200 hrs of play... and even the one locked on the beginning of Pyramid Song since a December 20th 2020, to be able to replay this quest when I want).
But yeah, save files can't be modified if the game don't run.

Oh
I do, I have just scratch all my previous saves, literally everything (few saves with more than 200 hrs of play... and even the one locked on the beginning of Pyramid Song since a December 20th 2020, to be able to replay this quest when I want).
Oh wow, you did it bc of this problem or just intentionally? But if intentionally i get there are some people that would replay from scratch but i guess im mainly speaking for people that just gets eveything done and wants to get all the dope loot and clothing + itlems you get only in side missions and max lvl the street cred and skills.

Oh wow, you did it bc of this problem or just intentionally? But if intentionally i get there are some people that would replay from scratch but i guess im mainly speaking for people that just gets eveything done and wants to get all the dope loot and clothing + itlems you get only in side missions and max lvl the street cred and skills.
Yep intentionally :)
As soon as I run the game in 1.5, I went in save menu and delete everything. I have 5 or 6 different saves/characters with more than 150 hours on each (all "stuck" at the point of no return with game completed at 100%, map cleared, lvl50/SC50). But anyway, I wouldn't have played them again that's for sure.
And with this update, it's worth to start from the beginning with for example changes about GIGs/Fixers, clothes changes,...

Oh
Oh wow, you did it bc of this problem or just intentionally? But if intentionally i get there are some people that would replay from scratch but i guess im mainly speaking for people that just gets eveything done and wants to get all the dope loot and clothing + itlems you get only in side missions and max lvl the street cred and skills
As soon as I run the game in 1.5, I went in save menu and delete everything. I have 5 or 6 different saves/characters with more than 150 hours on each (all "stuck" at the point of no return with game completed at 100%, map cleared, lvl50/SC50). But anyway, I wouldn't have played them again that's for sure.
And with this update, it's worth to start from the beginning with for example changes about GIGs/Fixers, clothes changes,...
Oh yeah that makes sense i mean personally i hope we can still get the newer stuff like i heard they added new clothing so obv that has to be added in the shops now right? And like they added more romance options for panam and the others so on my main i romanced panam so i hope like i don't gotta restart to get the options. So far i did street kid and corpo so if i ever do gotta retart i can do Nomad option since i never experienced that route yet.

Oh yeah that makes sense i mean personally i hope we can still get the newer stuff like i heard they added new clothing so obv that has to be added in the shops now right? And like they added more romance options for panam and the others so on my main i romanced panam so i hope like i don't gotta restart to get the options so far i did street kid and corpo so if i ever do gotta retart i can do Nomad option since i never experienced that route yet.
Nope all the content added in 1.5 is available even if you reach the end of the game ;)
(except some "things" fixer/gigs changes, obvious if you already done all the gigs and/or reach the max SC level...)
But like Panam, yeah, no problem, just need to enjoy :)

You madlad you :)
I couldn't even begin to think to throw awy my girl :) As luck has it though I don't have to, pretty much the entire story is still awaiting me from the point after the heist more or less. I've sunk all my time on this girl in just clearing the map to a great extend and doing dumbass shenanigans while hoarding lots of cash and nonsence :ok:
So when It'll be running again on PS4 I'll just jump back in and continue from there.

Meanwhile I'll use PC session to get an idea of what new and explore a bit.

Just updating you guys on the ticket I generated yesterday reporting the problem. After being asked for the cusa code and my psn region, the agent contacted me again today and asked for my psn ID and replied that they are looking into the issue. Regarding the region incompatibility issue that you raised I think this is just the cause of people not being able to upgrade to ps5 version, but I'm not so sure if it's also what is causing the problem of corrupting the game on ps4, because the cusa code on my disk is 16596 and my psn is American, both are from the same region and I still have the problem. I also don't believe that this problem affects the save, because the game doesn't even open after the update, and you can also use the ps+ cloud system to re-download some old save

I need help. I have a problem with the game update CyberPunk 2077 1.51 I downloaded yesterday and wanted to play. But I can't, why? I hawe playstation 4 pro. The is stupid thing it does is update the problem right away. And others go the game and others don't. That's stupid :( :( :( I CUSA code CUSA 16579 2006032 My playstation 4 Region is United Kingdom. Before that, Russia remade to United Kingdom.
All what you can do is wait an update for the PS4 corruption issue (or an official announcement that the problem is fixed, because it may not require an update on consoles).
CDPR are aware of this bug and work on it, there is trully nothing that players can do (except reporting it to the support).

Just updating you guys on the ticket I generated yesterday reporting the problem. After being asked for the cusa code and my psn region, the agent contacted me again today and asked for my psn ID and replied that they are looking into the issue. Regarding the region incompatibility issue that you raised I think this is just the cause of people not being able to upgrade to ps5 version, but I'm not so sure if it's also what is causing the problem of corrupting the game on ps4, because the cusa code on my disk is 16596 and my psn is American, both are from the same region and I still have the problem. I also don't believe that this problem affects the save, because the game doesn't even open after the update, and you can also use the ps+ cloud system to re-download some old save
That's good that they looking into the issue, still kinda buggin tho that they didn't really say anything like not even a tweet at least to let people know tho but yeah im glad to hear about the saves i never gotten a courrpted file/save before so i freaked out a bit and thought it was the only one for me personally i would hate to restart the whole game again from scratch on V's i made so much progress on yk? But i hope for us PS4 users we can enjoy the update asap and Thanks for the update!

Well, I truly hope the saves aren't corrupted, because I spent nearly 150hrs on this game and doing a build and a story development that I am satisfied with. I really do not want to start all over again and spending same amount of time doing the same things again, just because somebody missed to test its release to the current platform.

By the way, any news in regards to the fix ETA?
Any official statements or something that could explain the current situation?
Or yet again, we will be left in the dark until the hype train passes and then somebody will remember there is something to be fixed...
As long as your saves are in the cloud you don’t have to worry. But knowing CD project read they’ll probably be a problem with that too🥵
Post automatically merged:

How can a game not work on a playstation 4? Look at this picture at the beginning.
Can you please stop asking crazy questions

Nope all the content added in 1.5 is available even if you reach the end of the game ;)
(except some "things" fixer/gigs changes, obvious if you already done all the gigs and/or reach the max SC level...)
But like Panam, yeah, no problem, just need to enjoy :)
Excited! That's what i mainly wanted to see was the romance options lol and also the new apartments you can now also rent but sadly that didnt go well for us ps4 peeps lol
Post automatically merged:

I also one of the people that doesn't have PS+ sadly so only way to do it would be by USB which i also don't have one so bascially kinda screwed for me lmao

Excited! That's what i mainly wanted to see was the romance options lol and also the new apartments you can now also rent but sadly that didnt go well for us ps4 peeps lol
Yep that's unfortunate and very annoying (for players but also for CDPR... it's bad for everybody)
But I have no doubt that they work to fix it as fast as possible.
Devs who planned to take a break after the 1.5 release, it's dead :facepalm:

Yep that's unfortunate and very annoying (for players but also for CDPR... it's bad for everybody)
But I have no doubt that they work to fix it as fast as possible.
Devs who planned to take a break after the 1.5 release, it's dead :facepalm:
Yeah, it's very unfortunate since this update took so long to come out like it was supposed to come out last year right? If im not mistaken but they made an announcment that they were gonna extended to 2022 and after that they bascially went quiet after. So after all that time till now looks very bad.

Honestly, would it kill CDPR to put out a tweet letting us know what their expected timeline is to fix this major issue? I haven't seen one single disc-owning PS4 player confirm their game is up-and-running, so I can only assume that this issue affects ALL disc-owning PS4 players. This is highly, highly irresponsible to give us vagueties such as "we are aware" and "we are looking into it".

Give us an ETA for a fix!

Honestly, would it kill CDPR to put out a tweet letting us know what their expected timeline is to fix this major issue? I haven't seen one single disc-owning PS4 player confirm their game is up-and-running, so I can only assume that this issue affects ALL disc-owning PS4 players. This is highly, highly irresponsible to give us vagueties such as "we are aware" and "we are looking into it".

Yeah exactly, so far people that have phycial copies are having the courrpted issue. It seems digital from PS store is working fine but yeah idky they won't say nothing to the public about it im guessing since everyone is mainly talking about the next gen.

The problem is they won't make it official as well as nobody from CDPR will speak with us telling ETA for a fix or explaining what could be the problem we are all facing, as majority of the players are on the hype train on the next gen and few added stuff. Nobody, I will repeat, nobody from the famous youtube creators or game media mentioned this problem, even briefly. Like it does not exist. So long for the honest reviews, trusted opinions and so on.

There is only one post in blog from the guy who started this topic and one youtube video from a PS4 owner who experienced the same problem as we all.

And even that's not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is coming when somebody update his release to 1.51 and realize the game is broken starting to spend countless hours of reinstalling, downloading patch, initializing his console and so on and so forth. Nobody will pay those people wasted time for trying to troubleshoot this problem.

Instead of that, it seems CDPR are okay with their customers wasting their time instead of putting few lines on their channels of communication - hey there is ongoing problem with PS4 update 1.51, we are aware, the problem is not your console, etc. At least the people will be aware not to waste their time of trying this and that.

Instead of that, it seems CDPR are okay with their customers wasting their time instead of putting few lines on their channels of communication - hey there is ongoing problem with PS4 update 1.51, we are aware, the problem is not your console, etc. At least the people will be aware not to waste their time of trying this and that.
this is my biggest issue here. Their lack of publicizing this massive issue is a highly, highly anti-consumer practice. People paid full price for this game, and just a year later they are now bricked out from playing it, with no warning, mention or explanation (lest you search for it in very specific places like the 2077 reddit bugs report page, or the CDPR support page, no one except tech nerds like us would do this).

So your average consumer is left wasting hours and hours of their time. [...] But here we are, shouting into the void.

EDIT: despite what mods may consider to be 'rude' and editing my comment subsequently, keeping your own customers in the dark about game-breaking bugs IS 'disgusting', there is no way around it. So there, I will say it again: This is DISGUSTING! Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. Don't like being called disgusting? Do the right thing and inform your customers.

The problem is they won't make it official as well as nobody from CDPR will speak with us telling ETA for a fix or explaining what could be the problem we are all facing, as majority of the players are on the hype train on the next gen and few added stuff. Nobody, I will repeat, nobody from the famous youtube creators or game media mentioned this problem, even briefly. Like it does not exist. So long for the honest reviews, trusted opinions and so on.

There is only one post in blog from the guy who started this topic and one youtube video from a PS4 owner who experienced the same problem as we all.

And even that's not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is coming when somebody update his release to 1.51 and realize the game is broken starting to spend countless hours of reinstalling, downloading patch, initializing his console and so on and so forth. Nobody will pay those people wasted time for trying to troubleshoot this problem.

Another great point as soon the update rolled out i didn't install it until later in the night and that's when i found out but during all thos hours of the day it was released no one talked about it, not even trending on twitter you'll have to search for it to see peope talk about it but yeah they only focus now is next gen consoles i really hope they don't start pulling the only next gen BS on us. The only person that would say something about this is SomeOrdinaryGamers he would talk about it soon hopefully he did say he's gonna make a video about the new patch so who knows but silence of the issue is ridculous.

not a single tweet from CDPR about it.
Someone said this is annoying for them too but it doesn't seem to be.
After all, They already have our money, the game is running on the new consoles...

Top Bottom