[PS4] Missable Gwent cards on Vegelbud party - Am I screwed? (Yes)

+
Hi guys,

I'm attempting my long-way adventure to the platinum a little at a time, but... I already hate the system behind Gwent. The game itself is really good, the missable cards thing isn't.

I'm at the Vegelbud party quest with Triss, I finished it and I noticed after the end of it that the game makes you fail the Collect 'Em All questline. So I decided to re-load a previous save and I tried to participate at the tournament you see in the courtyard. The thing is that this is my very first close-up experience with Gwent considering I thought at the beginning I could do it during endgame, so I got bad, really bad cards. As that being said, I managed to win the first two matches but the last one... it's just matematically impossible I think: the opponent uses so many powerful cards I can't counter in any way. The game doesn't show me any save data that take place before the Vegelbud party anymore, so I think I'm really screwed... Do I have to replay the entire game just for this? :cry:

In that case, will my current Gwent cards be carried over to NG+?

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Nope. Unfortunately, the Gwent collection does not carry over to NG+. Probably necessary to ensure the quest structure is reset properly.

I'm afraid that your best bet is to just let it go until you start a new game. (You can play it from the start of the game again in NG+.)

Alternatively, you could reload to a point before you start the party questline and just go galavanting all over Velen and White Orchard to ensure you've got all the cards possible up to that point. If you hadn't failed it previously, that likely means that all of the special cards are still out there and up-for-grabs.

Nope. Unfortunately, the Gwent collection does not carry over to NG+. Probably necessary to ensure the quest structure is reset properly.

I'm afraid that your best bet is to just let it go until you start a new game. (You can play it from the start of the game again in NG+.)

Alternatively, you could reload to a point before you start the party questline and just go galavanting all over Velen and White Orchard to ensure you've got all the cards possible up to that point. If you hadn't failed it previously, that likely means that all of the special cards are still out there and up-for-grabs.

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately I can't reload any point before the party questline: as I mentioned in the main post, I don't see any save data prior to the party anymore, and on PS4 you can't import save data that aren't yours, so yes... I guess NG+ is the only way. :(

Minor bummer, then -- but look at this way: impressed role-playing. Geralt is supposed to be looking for his daughter, who is likely the only person that can stem the White Frost and prevent the end of the world. And he's being pursued by legendary psychopaths with the ability to travel between dimensions. Oh, and there's a war on. Monsters, everywhere, running amok, too. Where the @#$% did Roach go...!?

No. No, he does not have time for a "game of cards". :ok:

Haha that's an interesting point of view but... I did It! Yesterday, after two - three tries, I actually won! Did a Gwent-tour after that and got unique cards from players around Velen and Novigrad in minutes... I'm still a bad Gwent player but my Geralt has to find time for Ciri AND for a "game of cards" I guess! :shrug:

Haha that's an interesting point of view but... I did It! Yesterday, after two - three tries, I actually won! Did a Gwent-tour after that and got unique cards from players around Velen and Novigrad in minutes... I'm still a bad Gwent player but my Geralt has to find time for Ciri AND for a "game of cards" I guess! :shrug:

Noice! Now you have all the cards necessary to press forward across the land and become a living Gwent legend...!!!

Ooohhh -- the world ended...

;):p

But, seriously, glad you were able to progress. Happy Gwenting! (Don't forget about Ciri. :cool:)

Top Bottom