Quest Breaking Bug: Brendan The Vending Machine

+
I've got another issue related to Brendan. I've completed the quest you've mentioned and other Brendan related quests to the end, but I've got the "Spray paint" mission still marked as incomplete with the current task "Stop the vandal". But I've already done this. I'm worried that may block me to achieve the trophy related to completing all goals on the map :( I'm playing on PS5.

Consider it a blessing this quest has no happy endings. Could have been a real gem.
It's so weird. This is such a small quest. This should of had a good and bad ending choice. What I would have done. Repurpose that unused police uniform V was suppsoe to get. Pretend you're a cop. Steal Brendon. Install him next to V's apartment. Than the girl could randomly spawn and talk to Brendon. Have those stupid cops that keep arrresting that same guy over and over again. Use the area for something useful.

Same issue here. I've done the first side job relating to Brendan, but I cannot even start a second side job.

I am just before completing a main story, but before a point of no return and started completing the side jobs and ncpd missions (level 49, street creed level 50). When I come to Brendan there is a quest mark right at the top of it but I cannot start a quest at all.

I have done a 1st one with a dumpster with no issues. But the second one is bugged.

There is no female beside Brendan and the job stays as "Undiscovered". I tried time skipping, saving and loading, switching a console (PS5) and loading a game again. No luck.

I hope CDP Red will fix it as it locks me from completing a game and getting the trophy as well. I know that there are many other bugs to fix but well, there shouldn't be so many bugs at all.

Still bugged on all saves... I have one with 1st Brendon's quest, but it was about ~30 hours ago.
Spent about 4 hours trying to find something. I walked around for 2 hours. In different time and after traveling. I emptied him. After few teleports and time skips, he was still empty. idk

last side quest /PC/1.12/GOG
1614555203011.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately for now, the only way to solve this is to start a new playthrough and once you start the Brendan quest, you don't exit the game, you finish the first mission, skip 24 hours and fast travel (to your apartment for example), return to the other missions and do the same (skip time, fast travel) until the quest is over.

This is what i did.
I went back to save from before i was strong enough to move the dumpster.
Fast travel between brendan and my bed until i finished the quest.

I've currently finished all NCPD scanners and side quests except for this one and the Freedom of the Press gig which are both bugged.

Made an account to comment here. I'm suffering from this same problem! I have over 283 hours of game time! I've loved this game! However, this is the last mission for me to complete. And it's stuck. Going back to another old save isn't an option... I mean, how many hours should I hop back and loos? 100+??? Can a Dev please give us an update? Or let us know this thread has been heard?

I just ran into this yesterday. Found Brendan talking to the girl, listened to their conversation, had a brief conversation with Brendan and told him he was sentient. No quest was given and marker still there labeled as undiscovered...

Top Bottom