quick question

+
Well, in scripts you can define for example a square by saving some 4 vectors, then check if thePlayer is inside that area hooking to some OnTick event and if so, load specific env you want. That env would need to be added as dlc. That is hacky way to do it.

Well, in scripts you can define for example a square by saving some 4 vectors, then check if thePlayer is inside that area hooking to some OnTick event and if so, load specific env you want. That env would need to be added as dlc. That is hacky way to do it.

thanksfor the help! Maybe I get it to work.

I got my own quick question...

I use KNGR's ULM to apply a specific definition to the game (cutscen_definition_kaer_morhen.env). Is there a way to apply it without using his mod? I figure since I never tinker around with the ULM menu anymore, I'd like a single file you can just toss in the mods folder similar to STLM/Asmo's/etc.

I got my own quick question...

I use KNGR's ULM to apply a specific definition to the game (cutscen_definition_kaer_morhen.env). Is there a way to apply it without using his mod? I figure since I never tinker around with the ULM menu anymore, I'd like a single file you can just toss in the mods folder similar to STLM/Asmo's/etc.

you can replace the env you want to overwrihte with the cutscen env and pack it as mod :)

i hate uncooking files, but look in to the tutorial section, uncook the enviroment defitions folder look for the cutscen_...env and send it to me, I can pack it as an mod for you if you tell me what you want to replace. (velen/novigrad/etc)

Last edited:
you can replace the env you want to overwrihte with the cutscen env and pack it as mod :)

i hate uncooking files, but look in to the tutorial section, uncook the enviroment defitions folder look for the cutscen_...env and send it to me, I can pack it as an mod for you if you tell me what you want to replace. (velen/novigrad/etc)

Would unpacking the bundles with QuickBMS work? Also since I'd want the env to applied to the entire game, wouldn't that take a bit of work? :e

Would unpacking the bundles with QuickBMS work? Also since I'd want the env to applied to the entire game, wouldn't that take a bit of work? :e

I think it should work.yeah you're right it takes time, so if you want to do it, look into the folder structure and decide which envs you want to replace, by naming you're prefered env with the name of the one you want to replace and create the same folder struction as in the vanilla game in you're modLight folder, this should work. most envs have obvious names.

after this use modkitchen. select the tab "Build a Mod" and check the box: "only use xml" :)

Top Bottom