Quickhack Virtuoso

+
Are you so eager to try and make other people look stupid? I'm not suggesting that attribute points can be reset, most people know that already as well so there is no need to point it out - so I didn't forget anything. I quite specifically said that you can reset your perk points and instead of putting them in crafting related ones, put them into damage/stat boosting perks to min/max your abilities.

Now please, just seriously leave me alone. You're picking a fight for no reason.

I apologize for misreading your response and assuming everyone knowing Tabula doesn't reset attribute points. Yes, redistributing points into 20 INT perks is completely viable, but also limiting. From my perspective, it is a gross overcommitment of attribute points just to craft a legendary quickhack you only need 1 copy of. You lose out on synergistic perks in other attribute categories that can't be obtained if you have 20 INT.

If you can get copies of epic/legendary quickhacks without 20 INT, then you can invest those attribute points elsewhere. This is why knowing if Datamine Virtuoso works is important.

My intent is not to make others look stupid or attack them, but rather provide information and facts that try to resolve or clarify the issue at hand. No one is forcing you to reply. You have the choice to respond maturely or whatever way you think is appropriate.

Last edited:
I mean you'
Redistributing points into 20 INT perks is completely viable, but also limiting. From my perspective, it is a gross overcommitment of attribute points just to craft a legendary quickhack you only need 1 copy of. You lose out on synergistic perks in other attribute categories that can't be obtained if you have 20 INT.

If you can get copies of epic/legendary quickhacks without 20 INT, then you can invest those attribute points elsewhere. This is why knowing if Datamine Virtuoso works is important.

My intent is not to make others look stupid or attack them, but rather provide information and facts that try to resolve or clarify the issue at hand. No one is forcing you to reply. You have the choice to respond maturely or whatever way you think is appropriate.
-you'd have to test it with the perk in question save-scuming in front of a data access point over and over again, I guess like 30 times to make sure if the perk works or not.
-no one tests it because balance in this game right now is like ehh...I can do whatever and be op.
-there would be advantages of stopping Int at 16 in certain builds because I guess your best perk (crit chance+damage applied to quickhacks) is unlocked at int 16
-at the same time no where in the game does it state that datamine virtuoso can generate you legendary quickhacks, and you do want that legendary ping/ cantagion.

Redistributing points into 20 INT perks is completely viable, but also limiting. From my perspective, it is a gross overcommitment of attribute points just to craft a legendary quickhack you only need 1 copy of. You lose out on synergistic perks in other attribute categories that can't be obtained if you have 20 INT.

Personally I specced a tech/int build and while I needed about a dozen perk points to be able to craft the legendary quickhacks and some of my other crafting needs, when I reset perks and specced all out quickhack/breach perks I ended up using over 35 perk points thus far with about another 12-16 required to fully max out my damage and survivability potential.

I'm just not sure you understand what you are talking about and your last few posts seemed to be more about targetting me personally rather than what I was suggesting about the need for high INT if you want to be USING legendary quickhacks, because of their massive RAM cost. I just don't see a viable build happening with less than 5 INT if you are going to at the same time (maybe even up to 10 INT would still be a very weak build due to lack of access to key perks) , attempt to use legendary quickhacks. It would be clunky and slow because you'd use all your RAM on a single hack and your refresh would be seriously lacking.

It's like suggesting that a Barbarian should be able to use high level Wizard spells, or vice-versa.

As for the OP, in my first playthrough I seemed to get blue and purp quickhacks all the time but just can't remember if they were from drops or the perk in question. Ultimately, if you want to spec to be a netrunner-type build than you're going to most likely be using at least 16-18 INT, if not maxing it out to 20 for full potentiality. So realistically using only 3-4 perk points to justify being able to craft legendary versions makes it well worth it considering that even if you do not want to reset perks with a Tabula just to respec those 3-4 perk points, it is really only 3-4 perk points so no big loss there given how easy it is to complete this game even on the hardest difficulty. Not sure why anyone would suggest it costs more than that, it is quite literally only 3 separate perks to craft Rares out of Uncommons, Epics out of Rares and then Legendary out of Epic. The Datamine Virtuoso perk can truly be safely ignored, especially if it is broken and not working.

Personally I specced a tech/int build and while I needed about a dozen perk points to be able to craft the legendary quickhacks and some of my other crafting needs, when I reset perks and specced all out quickhack/breach perks I ended up using over 35 perk points thus far with about another 12-16 required to fully max out my damage and survivability potential.

I'm just not sure you understand what you are talking about and your last few posts seemed to be more about targetting me personally rather than what I was suggesting about the need for high INT if you want to be USING legendary quickhacks, because of their massive RAM cost. I just don't see a viable build happening with less than 5 INT if you are going to at the same time (maybe even up to 10 INT would still be a very weak build due to lack of access to key perks) , attempt to use legendary quickhacks. It would be clunky and slow because you'd use all your RAM on a single hack and your refresh would be seriously lacking.

It's like suggesting that a Barbarian should be able to use high level Wizard spells, or vice-versa.

As for the OP, in my first playthrough I seemed to get blue and purp quickhacks all the time but just can't remember if they were from drops or the perk in question. Ultimately, if you want to spec to be a netrunner-type build than you're going to most likely be using at least 12-16 INT, if not maxing it out to 20 for full potentiality. So realistically using only 3-4 perk points to justify being able to craft legendary versions makes it well worth it considering that even if you do not want to reset perks with a Tabula just to respec those 3-4 perk points, it is really only 3-4 perk points so no big loss there given how easy it is to complete this game even on the hardest difficulty. Not sure why anyone would suggest it costs more than that, it is quite literally only 3 separate perks to craft Rares out of Uncommons, Epics out of Rares and then Legendary out of Epic. The Datamine Virtuoso perk can truly be safely ignored, especially if it is broken and not working.

My argument is that you don't need high int to benefit from legendary quickhacks because you don't need to use all of them and the passive effects while equipped are excellent. With a good os, cyberware, and essential perk investments, 12 is sufficient at least for my playstyle.
Post automatically merged:

-at the same time no where in the game does it state that datamine virtuoso can generate you legendary quickhacks, and you do want that legendary ping/ cantagion.

I believe this video shows otherwise. Testing on level 10 int terminals atm.

My argument is that you don't need high int to benefit from legendary quickhacks because you don't need to use all of them and the passive effects while equipped are excellent. With a good os, cyberware, and essential perk investments, 12 is sufficient at least for my playstyle.

Fair enough, but allow me to then simplify my argument for you. Why do I have to put 20 points into Body to be able to use legendary cyberware which boosts my HP and melee stats when I want to only put in 12 points and use the other 8 attribute points to max out my INT so I can most effectively utilize the top-tier legendary items available to an INT based build. It's a simple you don't get to have your cake and eat it too limitation.

It's because that is the nature of the game. Just because it is a quickhack doesn't mean it should necessarily be made available to anyone in the game who thinks they are a half-decent netrunner when they're just a sidewalk joytoy with a fetish for bits and bytes beating brats with handled dildos.

Just like I don't get to use many of the very awesome BODY, REFLEX or COOL related cyberware items you might be sporting, you don't get to use my legendary quickhacks. The jello pudding pops are, however, quite free.

In fact, with my current build I don't even have my cyberware all maxed out. I'm using some really garbage pieces, if anything at all because that is all which is available to me. Of course there is a trade-off as the legendary INT related pieces I'm using have really strong benefits. Also with my high crafting I've been able to constantly keep really high armor and damage on my items all through out my gameplay, staying well ahead of anything that drops commonly. So long as I don't challenge red icon enemies (even those who go down to orange within 2-5 levels of me, compared to those who are 10+ levels higher) than I'm pretty well fine, I only die if I stand still and let them shoot me but I'm sure you already figured that out.

Fair enough, but allow me to then simplify my argument for you. Why do I have to put 20 points into Body to be able to use legendary cyberware which boosts my HP and melee stats when I want to only put in 12 points and use the other 8 attribute points to max out my INT so I can most effectively utilize the top-tier legendary items available to an INT based build. It's a simple you don't get to have your cake and eat it too limitation.

It's because that is the nature of the game. Just because it is a quickhack doesn't mean it should necessarily be made available to anyone in the game who thinks they are a half-decent netrunner when they're just a sidewalk joytoy with a fetish for bits and bytes beating brats with handled dildos.

Just like I don't get to use many of the very awesome BODY, REFLEX or COOL related cyberware items you might be sporting, you don't get to use my legendary quickhacks. The jello pudding pops are, however, quite free.

In fact, with my current build I don't even have my cyberware all maxed out. I'm using some really garbage pieces, if anything at all because that is all which is available to me. Of course there is a trade-off as the legendary INT related pieces I'm using have really strong benefits. Also with my high crafting I've been able to constantly keep really high armor and damage on my items all through out my gameplay, staying well ahead of anything that drops commonly. So long as I don't challenge red icon enemies (even those who go down to orange within 2-5 levels of me, compared to those who are 10+ levels higher) than I'm pretty well fine, I only die if I stand still and let them shoot me but I'm sure you already figured that out.
I acknowledge your simplified argument, but the game doesn't only have to be played in one particular way. The game in it's current state allows me to supposedly get legendary quickhacks without investing all my points into int, so I'm going to take advantage of that. Cold and Calculating and other cold blood perks with legendary short circuit perk passive can theoretically be nasty. There's quick transfer, a cold blood talent that reduces quickhack upload time. So double dipping is intentional, but no one is sure if its a bug or a feature at this point.

There are viable workarounds that don't require you to invest in only one attribute. However, you should max out the one that suits your playstyle the most.

12/29/20 Same issue running latest updates.
Not receiving any quick hacks despite successfully mining 100+ access points. Many on youtube are commenting the same issue. Level 30 and still running mostly uncommon hacks because you can't purchase better ones with few exceptions. I started my character for this just to be bugged out of points. This needs to be fixed.

Not receiving any quick hacks despite successfully mining 100+ access points. Many on youtube are commenting the same issue. Level 30 and still running mostly uncommon hacks because you can't purchase better ones with few exceptions. I started my character for this just to be bugged out of points. This needs to be fixed.

How are you still running uncommon quickhacks unless you don't take the crafting perks in quickhacking tree? because at 16 int you can take a perk to craft epic quickhacks and at 20 Int you can take a perk to craft legendary quickhacks.

Is this your second (3rd, 4th ...) playthrough?

Try replacing your uncommon ping with a rare ping from the netrunner at batty's tp point and farm voodoo boys for epic suicide, cyberpsychosis, and detonate grenade. I was able to find a random crafting spec for epic overheat from an assault in progress/organized crime I think downtown somewhere. This has been the only workaround to datamine virtuoso bug with my 12 INT. I also left 10 INT access points in Gig: Serial Suicide (Arasaka Tower TP point) for whenever they decide to address this to get the remaining legendary versions. Just make sure you don't fully complete the gig otherwise you'll be locked out of the building to access them after you leave.

I managed to beat Don't Fear the Reaper on very hard with my scavenged set of quickhacks, so you should be fine. But from a completion standpoint, I am disappointed like many others that I can't get them through the access points as the perk advertised.

Aside from crafting/purchasing, don't you feel like legendary ping + suicide litterally breaks the game? I was just running towards the nearest device, ping it and then remotely kill everybody with TETRATRONIC RIPPLER MK.4 which can spread ultimate quickhacks once. Combined with all CD and RAM recovery perks, I was just clicking enemies on very hard mode until all dropped and then I just go and collect reward. Ping shouldn't be available as legendary, or at least not with that passive... and TETRATRONIC RIPPLER MK.4 should be available only at 50 street cred or something.

Aside from crafting/purchasing, don't you feel like legendary ping + suicide litterally breaks the game? I was just running towards the nearest device, ping it and then remotely kill everybody with TETRATRONIC RIPPLER MK.4 which can spread ultimate quickhacks once. Combined with all CD and RAM recovery perks, I was just clicking enemies on very hard mode until all dropped and then I just go and collect reward. Ping shouldn't be available as legendary, or at least not with that passive... and TETRATRONIC RIPPLER MK.4 should be available only at 50 street cred or something.
Rare Ping with overwatch is already great, so I can imagine those who have the ultimate version making quick work of very hard enemies.

I instantly got the tetratronic as soon as I could, and it's one of the best OS you can get that is not locked to attribute points. Spreading of the ultimate quickhack on the Tetraronic has insane value. Perhaps that's the point-- to have a good OS that anyone can use even if they aren't fully spec'd into INT. However, they could have also made other INT locked OS' more attractive by having better perks-- +1 buffer (9 vs 8 but dont know if that's necesssary), greater ram recovery rate, or even lower upload time.

If you aren't able to get Legendary Quick Hacks, watch this video to see if you have the Access Points Bug.

In this video I share footage from a Level 50 character that has the bug, and show a Level 5 character that is able to get Legendary Quick Hacks from Access Points. I share the actual requirements are simply being Level 5 (to get enough attribute points) to level up Intelligence to access these terminals. Datamine Virtuoso is not required. I test it on one terminal, reloading from a save 35 times, and out of 35 attempts, 14 receive Legendary QuickHacks. This is a great terminal to test it at because it's not behind any locked doors or missions.

If you have been playing the game a long time like I have and haven't gotten any Legendary QuickHacks, I show what creating a new character and going for them at the start does. Even on the latest patch they are still available. So if you aren't getting them, you may have the Access Point Bug.

Top Bottom