Quickhack Virtuoso

+
Hi everyone,

I have Datamine Virtuoso maxed and after about a dozen access points I still have not received a single quickhack. Is this a bug? Or unlucky RNG? Or is there a trick I might be missing?

Thanks.

it's probably more like bad RNG or the perk itself is simply broken and doesn't work like a lot of em. I remember not having the perk and still getting Hacks of various quality from acces points but mby the increase simply is buged.

Having the same issue as a level 42 V hacking 10 int access points. Maxed out points in Datamine Virtuoso and Datamine Mastermind.

I've done countless access points and have yet to see anything come out of it. This started even before getting Datamine Virtuoso and Mastermind. Perhaps its because of the patch or its bc of buying Nix's ping that constantly has a ! on it.

its a useless perk , just buy the quickhacks from vendors and craft them into legends.

what i do is get perks to craft legendary quickhacks then craft them and then lastly respec and you dont have to put points into crafting quickhacks again.

It might have been patched already. I used to get no hacks from access points and now I'm getting lots of them. I do have the perk.

I've found that you can get along quite fine with just the quickhack components you pick up randomly and if you really get stuck you can just purchase what you need from the vendors. You only ever need to craft a quickhack once and they are relatively cheap to craft so it is not like you need thousands of the components.

and the breach protocol perk where you get more quichack components is also useless after you get your legendary quickhacks.

and the breach protocol perk where you get more quichack components is also useless after you get your legendary quickhacks.

Most definitely, although I do like to think of my components as stock chips that I can trade in to recover my eddies whenever I purchase expensive guns or items from vendors.

The issue is that some legendary quickhacks like cyberpsychosis do not come in a lower quality, therefore you cannot get them at the stores and upgrade them. Additionally, people may not want to invest 16-20 attribute points into INT just to craft 1 spec of a quickhack they want.

The issue is that some legendary quickhacks like cyberpsychosis do not come in a lower quality, therefore you cannot get them at the stores and upgrade them. Additionally, people may not want to invest 16-20 attribute points into INT just to craft 1 spec of a quickhack they want.

If you are using quickhacks there is a high chance that you are also requiring a high intelligence value to assist in that playstyle. It would be odd to want to try using legendary quickhacks without the support of intelligence based attributes, skills and perks. You may need to use those perk points initially to craft what you need but ultimately at "end-game" you would use a Tabula and swap your perk points to max out your build.

Just a shame that your build can be maxed out by L25 (provided you don't attempt to go after red icon enemies by running straight into them). Getting L50, using legendary quickhacks and min/maxing is not a required element of this game as it is currently built - it would simply be for your own personal playstyle or what you want to do with your own time.

If you are using quickhacks there is a high chance that you are also requiring a high intelligence value to assist in that playstyle. It would be odd to want to try using legendary quickhacks without the support of intelligence based attributes, skills and perks. You may need to use those perk points initially to craft what you need but ultimately at "end-game" you would use a Tabula and swap your perk points to max out your build.

Just a shame that your build can be maxed out by L25 (provided you don't attempt to go after red icon enemies by running straight into them). Getting L50, using legendary quickhacks and min/maxing is not a required element of this game as it is currently built - it would simply be for your own personal playstyle or what you want to do with your own time.
Your logic makes a lot of sense, but that is not the case. My boyfriend and I have clocked in the same amount of hours (150ish) to prepare for the Don't Fear the Reaper mission on very hard. He has level 10 int with no points put into Datamine Virtuoso (not possible bc its a lvl 12 perk) or Mastermind, yet has all of the legendary quickhacks. I only have the one from Nix, some epic ones dropped by the Voodoo Boys, and there rest are green. No cyberpsychosis and suicide-- these are ones that cannot be bought.

Unless you're going for the Don't Fear the Reaper, you can consider level 25 is "done" and level 50 is a personal playstyle endeavor.

Your logic makes a lot of sense, but that is not the case. My boyfriend and I have clocked in the same amount of hours (150ish) to prepare for the Don't Fear the Reaper mission on very hard. He has level 10 int with no points put into Datamine Virtuoso (not possible bc its a lvl 12 perk) or Mastermind, yet has all of the legendary quickhacks. I only have the one from Nix, some epic ones dropped by the Voodoo Boys, and there rest are green. No cyberpsychosis and suicide-- these are ones that cannot be bought.

Unless you're going for the Don't Fear the Reaper, you can consider level 25 is "done" and level 50 is a personal playstyle endeavor.

Yes, that is why I put in this disclaimer statement:

"your build can be maxed out by L25 (provided you don't attempt to go after red icon enemies by running straight into them) "

You can complete the game at L25, with the exception of a single storyline encounter which isn't gated by any real logic but just lazy programming of exponential difficulty based on the level of the enemy vs. your level. All other open world content can be completed quite easily.

ok i was under the impression that this thread is a discussion for people who would be interested in investing points into INT because its a question about a perk under the INT tree, so 16-20 points into INT should be pretty norm,dont understand ur point here.
usually ultimates have very high ram cost so without much investment in INT it probably has no use?
you wan a legendary ultimate quickhack which cost 13ram and no investment into the INT tree?

Yes, that is why I put in this disclaimer statement:

"your build can be maxed out by L25 (provided you don't attempt to go after red icon enemies by running straight into them) "

You can complete the game at L25, with the exception of a single storyline encounter which isn't gated by any real logic but just lazy programming of exponential difficulty based on the level of the enemy vs. your level. All other open world content can be completed quite easily.
Your commentary hasn't provided any concrete solution other than to be "done with the game with what you have". That isn't the issue at hand-- we're asking why we aren't getting quickhacks and this is a potential problem for people at various points in story and not just endgame.

btw without Datamine Virtuoso and unlocking the legendary quickhack crafting i dont think there is anyway to unlock ultimates at all (Maybe im wrong?)i too saved nix at the bartmoss quest and he rewarded me with some epics, but since i alrdy have all the legendaries from crafting i didnt bother to check what he gave me

ok i was under the impression that this thread is a discussion for people who would be interested in investing points into INT because its a question about a perk under the INT tree, so 16-20 points into INT should be pretty norm,dont understand ur point here.
usually ultimates have very high ram cost so without much investment in INT it probably has no use?
you wan a legendary ultimate quickhack which cost 13ram and no investment into the INT tree?
OP is asking whether Datamine Virtuoso at level 12 is working as intended or if it is bugged. I would not consider level 12 being an insignificant investment into the int tree and with the proper OS, cyberware, and ram recovery, you don't need to have 16-20 int to reap the benefits of ultimate/legendary quickhacks. The issue is acquiring them without having the need to craft, so access points or farming voodoo boys are the only means of obtaining them.

Attachments

• 20201223173246_1.jpg
    20201223173246_1.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 190
Your commentary hasn't provided any concrete solution other than to be "done with the game with what you have". That isn't the issue at hand-- we're asking why we aren't getting quickhacks and this is a potential problem for people at various points in story and not just endgame.

Who knows, most people just like hearing the sound of their voice.

By the looks of it there were three entirely separate dev teams involved in inventory management, split up by armor/weapons, cyberware and then quickhacks. All three work somewhat differently and have annoying little quirks to them. As for your response, you put done with the game with what you have in quotes but I never said that at all so I'm not sure who you are quoting.

My initial response to this thread was on point and topic, but my second response was in reply to your quote reply in which you changed the subject to difficulty of the game based on what perks or quickhacks were made available to the player dependent on their playstyle. Your commentary hasn't [insert vague statement that attempts to make you look dumb], so take that.

OP is asking whether Datamine Virtuoso at level 12 is working as intended or if it is bugged. I would not consider level 12 being an insignificant investment into the int tree and with the proper OS, cyberware, and ram recovery, you don't need to have 16-20 int to reap the benefits of ultimate/legendary quickhacks. The issue is acquiring them without having the need to craft, so access points or farming voodoo boys are the only means of obtaining them.

ohhh now I see.. it worked for me when i got the perk at pretty early levels..my guess is maybe it's bugged ? because it didnt work all the time even though it says 100%

forgot to point out you CANNOT reset your attribute points put into INT with the Tabula. Tabula resets perk points within each of the main attributes. Devs prob did this because you would have to re-level all of your perks if you reset the attributes and gig/jobs are not infinitely spawning.

forgot to point out you CANNOT reset your attribute points put into INT with the Tabula. Tabula resets perk points within each of the main attributes. Devs prob did this because you would have to re-level all of your perks if you reset the attributes and gig/jobs are not infinitely spawning.

Are you so eager to try and make other people look stupid? I'm not suggesting that attribute points can be reset, most people know that already as well so there is no need to point it out - so I didn't forget anything. I quite specifically said that you can reset your perk points and instead of putting them in crafting related ones, put them into damage/stat boosting perks to min/max your abilities.

Now please, just seriously leave me alone. You're picking a fight for no reason.

Top Bottom