Really annoying when someone forfeits

+
Gersen;n7245350 said:
Well I usually forfeit for 99% of my defeat, it has become a reflex, as soon as I consider that I can no longer win, or when my opponent has played Margarita/Hawker support, I automatically forfeit, send GG, start a new game.

Uh, you automatically forfeit if a hawker support is played?

Playing or two more cards is not a big deal. It doesn't take long and there are some decent reasons for doing it. One, the game isn't always over just because a guy passes and has less points than you. Also, it does make sense that someone wants to take a few more seconds to see what the final score of the game was.

People are getting too upset over losing IMO.

StrykerxS77x;n7246550 said:
Uh, you automatically forfeit if a hawker support is played?

Let's just that I have been traumatized by it :D so I tend to react strongly everytime it appear on the board even thought it has been nerfed in previous patch.

I don't mind if someone forfeits if the game is close and he or she feels that already lost the game. I will give the scraps. What really annoys me is when I'm being BS. Example: I'm without a card, my opponent has already won, but he plays all his or her remaining cards just to feel better about him or herself. Humiliate the opponent is never fun.

ya it can be annoying but I don't let it bother me too much. they know its over and they're just bowing out. sometimes if I want to be extra sportsman like when I'm about to lose I will just pass still having cards in my hand instead of forfeiting to show them I'm not raging, but at the end of the day its all the same.

Lantea;n7245800 said:
Yeah, I agree with that, pass and end the game, instead of forfeit; unless as you said they waste your time after a pass.

No, not like playing all the cards, just passing and letting the game end, instead of ending it abruptly by forfeit.
By that I mean when someone passes and you clearly won, you pass as well, I never meant that by not forfeiting you don’t pass and waste time by playing your remaining cards, if someone does that forfeit all you want; even if personally I don’t mind when someone does that to me because as Isi23_23 mentioned above its sometimes good to see what they had.

I have to disagree with you on that passing and forfeit are the same thing, they are not; and in most games I played where the other person used forfeit instead of pass, it was mostly a rage quit with no GG, because I played something that wrecked their round; this happened several times in round 1 which is just stupid.
My view on this is that it’s more courteous to pass and end the game properly instead of an abrupt forfeit. Of course there are exceptions when the other person is trolling and wasting your time, then forfeit is fine.

I never said keep playing after the opponent gives up and passes, when they pass you clearly won and you should pass as well and end the game.
What I meant is that I don’t like when people just flat out forfeit out of nowhere without passing first.

Forfeit and passing are the same thing. 1 is just a bit faster than the other. You win either way, whats the big deal?

DirkAustin;n7247180 said:
Forfeit and passing are the same thing. 1 is just a bit faster than the other. You win either way, whats the big deal?

I believe I've already said that:

Lantea;n7245800 said:
My view on this is that it’s more courteous to pass and end the game properly instead of an abrupt forfeit.

Gersen;n7246700 said:
Let's just that I have been traumatized by it :D so I tend to react strongly everytime it appear on the board even thought it has been nerfed in previous patch.

It's not even that good. When it first appears just sneeze at it and it dies.

i take premature forfeit any time over BM and wasting someone else time just to proove that you have bigger.... score .

I concede once I know, mathematically, that the match is lost, or if I fuck something up tremendously. Occasionally I play it out if there's only a card or two left and I'd like to show my opponent a really close game. Otherwise: it gets you out of the game and into the next one faster than waiting for the coin to keep flipping back and forth. In a game type with a mandatory progression grind: it's all about saving as much time as possible. If you're only playing 5 matches a night, that extra 30 seconds - 1 minute per match isn't anything to be concerned about. If you're playing 100 matches: that at least an extra hour of time.

This isn't a post about good life choices. This is a post about math, efficiency, and not auto-conceding.

Got to admit though, there is something jarring about it when people forfeit. Think the game could do with a more subtle soundFX for that popup, like an ocean breeze or something rather than that sharp clang.

If i can't win i just forfeit, gg and on to next game. I have no interest in wasting even 10 seconds more on a loss and i don't care for the final score, it's bad enough with a loss. I don't mind when the opponent forfeits, it's better than wasting time.

Last edited:
Forfeit is just faster, and the step "test if opponent is a bad mannered gloater" is skipped. Since I don't have that particular interest in that test of the personality traits of the opponents, I don't see any reason not to forfeit when all is lost. I give GG anyway, so no reason to complain.*

* except of course, if opponent was a bad mannered gloater and really keen on proving it. Uhm. Do I care if I hurt the feelings of a bad mannered gloater? Nope. Win win.

Last edited:
Is there really a topic about this? Honestly, who cares if someone forfeits...? If you know the game is over, then it's over. Why is it necessary to allow the winner to finish playing all of his cards? It's the same reason professional Starcraft players etc. "gg" and surrender. They know it's over, what's the point in drawing it out? Jeez, get over yourself. xD

Brangutang;n7253350 said:
Is there really a topic about this? Honestly, who cares if someone forfeits...? If you know the game is over, then it's over. Why is it necessary to allow the winner to finish playing all of his cards? It's the same reason professional Starcraft players etc. "gg" and surrender. They know it's over, what's the point in drawing it out? Jeez, get over yourself. xD

Yes there is, why shouldn't there be its a general discussion forum. Clearly some people do care otherwise there would not be a discussion thread about it, right? ;)
I never said you should let the winner play all his cards and waste time, thats what the pass button is for as I have explained my position in the above posts.

Lantea;n7245800 said:
I never said keep playing after the opponent gives up and passes, when they pass you clearly won and you should pass as well and end the game. What I meant is that I don’t like when people just flat out forfeit out of nowhere without passing first.

Lantea;n7245800 said:
My view on this is that it’s more courteous to pass and end the game properly instead of an abrupt forfeit.

Why do you think its better to abruptly forfeit instead of passing and ending the round/game that way?

Lantea;n7253530 said:
Why do you think its better to abruptly forfeit instead of passing and ending the round/game that way?

I agree generally that passing feels like a more courteous concession than forfeiting. I always pass. Sure 1 out of 10 players will annoyingly play out their hand, but that's okay. Time to go grab a snack or use the restroom. I feel like passing is the better way to do it personally. Having said that, if the other guy forfeits because it's clear he or she lost, it doesn't bother me. I imagine most of them just don't want to waste any time. That's fine. A little abrupt ... but it's no big deal.

If I know that I lost, I always pass first (because I think it's polite) and it would be nice to see my opponent doing the same thing. Most of them do and I appreciate it.

If my opponent continues playing his several cards after I passed, or starts 10 card medic/resurrect/unit/summon/ability trigger chain, I'll forfeit and give GG. No offence to that particular play style, I just want to move on to the next game instead of watching one already lost.

If my opponent forfeits instead of passing, it always feels kinda sudden, but I can live with it. No hard feelings and I still give them GG.

Lantea;n7253530 said:
Yes there is, why shouldn't there be its a general discussion forum. Clearly some people do care otherwise there would not be a discussion thread about it, right? ;)
I never said you should let the winner play all his cards and waste time, thats what the pass button is for as I have explained my position in the above posts.

So what you're saying is that people shouldn't forfeit because... what, exactly? It makes you feel better? xD I mean, I personally don't forfeit unless the other person is BMing, wasting time, or whatever, but I don't see how someone could have a problem with it. So the losing player wants the match to end ASAP and get into another one. So what? Going so far as to call it annoying or impolite is a little obnoxious... A person who doesn't want to suffer a longer defeat should stay anyway just so your victory can be a bit more satisfying? Yikes :p Surrender/forfeit/concede buttons exist in most competitive games for a reason.... xD I suggest you get used to the idea.

Brangutang;n7254740 said:
So what you're saying is that people shouldn't forfeit because... what, exactly? It makes you feel better? xD I mean, I personally don't forfeit unless the other person is BMing, wasting time, or whatever, but I don't see how someone could have a problem with it. So the losing player wants the match to end ASAP and get into another one. So what? Going so far as to call it annoying or impolite is a little obnoxious... A person who doesn't want to suffer a longer defeat should stay anyway just so your victory can be a bit more satisfying? Yikes :p Surrender/forfeit/concede buttons exist in most competitive games for a reason.... xD I suggest you get used to the idea.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this, as we clearly have a different view on the whole pass vs. forfeit question, no worries. :)

I agree with Rawls and Sunsibar above that passing just feels less abrupt and more courteous than a straight forfeit; although that may also have something to do with the way the game works when someone forfeits with the abrupt end, and maybe the devs should soften that up a bit.

Top Bottom