Really, disabling the console?

+
Can people just WAIT the game be FIXED (extreme priority?). Get easy!
The console is one way for players to fix the game themselves, potentially discovering workarounds until a proper patch fixes things (if ever). Taking away this option for apparently no good reason is terrible — especially considering the context of this entire launch. Translator implant removed, nudity removed, debug console removed. What’s next? Game removed entirely? Whoops, nevermind, that already happened ... on PlayStation anyway.

The console is one way for players to fix the game themselves, potentially discovering workarounds until a proper patch fixes things (if ever). Taking away this option for apparently no good reason is terrible — especially considering the context of this entire launch. Translator implant removed, nudity removed, debug console removed. What’s next? Game removed entirely? Whoops, nevermind, that already happened ... on PlayStation anyway.

At the Nexus, right now, everyone doing update on mods... :shrug:

What has this to do with anything? Writing some reshaders isn’t the same as having direct, live access to the game in it. If I wanna change some quest flags or whatever to fix one of the myriad broken quests then not having a debug console to do so just made that infinitely harder.

What has this to do with anything? Writing some reshaders isn’t the same as having direct, live access to the game in it. If I wanna change some quest flags or whatever to fix one of the myriad broken quests then not having a debug console to do so just made that infinitely harder.

Well, i use only 1 mod, to walk. About the Console, who know? At the note say something about 'suport moders' (was a not a promisses from CD, if im right). I don't know, despite what some want, where did people have any idea that moders would have some support for the game, or that the company would have any obligation to support changes to your game ... although I really think that the CD will still do that ... (edited, this google translate afff)

This its the hope:
  • "Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that."

Last edited:
Well, The Witcher 2 had great mod support (which they even use in their recruiting process to this day), The Witcher 3 also had mod tools (albeit shittier ones) so that CP2077 would at least get SOME mod support was kinda taken as granted. But I guess nowadays you can’t even expect that much from CDPR. We’ll see, I guess. Maybe they will actually turn things around. I’d love to be proven wrong. But right now I do not have my hopes up. Too many empty words till now ...

Well, The Witcher 2 had great mod support (which they even use in their recruiting process to this day), The Witcher 3 also had mod tools (albeit shittier ones) so that CP2077 would at least get SOME mod support was kinda taken as granted. But I guess nowadays you can’t even expect that much from CDPR. We’ll see, I guess. Maybe they will actually turn things around. I’d love to be proven wrong. But right now I do not have my hopes up. Too many empty words till now ...

Agree, TW2 receive some tools to modders, if im right. I remmember :) but now ll be more hard (new engine what they ll use in another project).
Post automatically merged:

From the experience I have, and this is not a suggestion, just what I see in various games, etc. Moders will not stop making mods because the CD does not want to (in theory) ... they will continue to do so, maybe this will be more difficult ... but, I have no way of knowing.

I hope the full support CD for modders, I said complete and entitled to tools. But, of what I wish, my reasons for what will be done, there is an abyss ... =/ I suspect something, mere conjecture, assumption, theory, my presumption: I think the CD will provide some support after correcting the most serious errors in the game. They, as I understand it, may (I do not confirm this) postpone until the MP to bring CP singleplayer to its proper level of quality. I think in the meantime, something between two or three months, maybe something more concrete for modders? I have no way of knowing, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Cortisol produced too regularly, basically becomes a neurotoxin. Don't get so angry over what you can't control, just chill. Give this game some time and the creases will be ironed out. It's possible to be disappointed and not let your emotions get the better of you, just takes practice.

There is so much good about this game, a lot of people seem to be discarding that for where it has fallen short.

It can be controlled if you don't buy a game from him again.

(I say it very calmly and without getting angry, I also like Stoicism).

For those that want to hold off on the update to retain access to the console on their steam version of the game (for those that haven't updated yet)
I expect someone will make a downgrader sometime soon as well.

My analysis of it?

They should have expected a negative reaction considering CDPR wasted all the good reputation they had built up. The lies and deception by CDPR and no one else, not press or journalist but just them didn't help. So even the smallest of things are seen with cynicism. Everything is seen with distrust.

It's a rather odd change no matter how you look at it but without any good reason for it people would naturally be unhappy.

I cant say what CD ll do, but the major concern now tend be a 1.06...1.05 (???) inroduce some insues on saves, at last, was what i read around (I haven't had any so far, so, cant confirm). But its hollydays.

Please CDPR enable the debug console in pc version again. I'm using a mod to access the console in the game. I really don't like using mods for something that's available in the game itself.

You had to use a mod to access it before. Which is what made this change really dumb. But it doesn't matter, we have CET now.

Top Bottom