Really, disabling the console?

+
I don't understand how console is related to modding.
In bethseda games, they have nothing to do with each other. Am I missing something?

I don't understand why they keep making detrimental, retrograde type changes. This game is nearly still beta, leave the console for heaven's sake.

It's called damage control. Better to control the modding process, so that modders can't break your game, but also so they don't show what the game could have been and how easy it is to fix it, while you're in the process of trying to fix it and make yourself start looking good again.

It's called damage control. Better to control the modding process, so that modders can't break your game, but also so they don't show what the game could have been and how easy it is to fix it, while you're in the process of trying to fix it and make yourself start looking good again.

*LOL* Yes, so much of what they are doing wreaks of this. But I feel that the game is also being tossed in the bin not to mention some shady influence on the decision making processes.

They said in the notes to wait a bit for more information on modding.

This I know, and I don't take the option of returning a game lightly, but I did not buy this game on PC for any other reason then I thought from all the news I heard about it.... specifically a YouTube video from YongYea, there would be mod support tools for the game, and the mod community would not be locked out of the game.. As someone that does mod video games, and produces textures for fun... Its vary important to me that there are these tools out there, and that the modding community is supported by the developer.

If they don't support it. its not going to suit me to keep playing the game because its lacking important features I was promised would be available when I did purchase it. They need to get that info out fast on why this feature is being removed because they now put me in position where if I want refund on this game, they need to explain it before the the 21st of December... I would be willing to wait the game to be completed if the developer console was left in.. or there was a promised due date on its return... but that info has to come out before i'm out of recourse options.

I need my mod support ASAP i want a giant pink dildo to cut my enemies down and i want a lightsaber and a hello kitty dress in which i look kawai while i rip them apart with my mantis blades......... you know i have dreams.... don't judge me.

This I know, and I don't take the option of returning a game lightly, but I did not buy this game on PC for any other reason then I thought from all the news I heard about it.... specifically a YouTube video from YongYea, there would be mod support tools for the game, and the mod community would not be locked out of the game.. As someone that does mod video games, and produces textures for fun... Its vary important to me that there are these tools out there, and that the modding community is supported by the developer.

If they don't support it. its not going to suit me to keep playing the game because its lacking important features I was promised would be available when I did purchase it. They need to get that info out fast on why this feature is being removed because they now put me in position where if I want refund on this game, they need to explain it before the the 21st of December... I would be willing to wait the game to be completed if the developer console was left in.. or there was a promised due date on its return... but that info has to come out before i'm out of recourse options.

That info isn't coming out any time soon, and when it does it's going to be under controlled PR spin to great fanfare in order to try and distract us from the launch debacle. Maybe... maybe we'll get it in one of the big January/February patches, more likely it'll be in the first DLC we get, under quality of life improvements.

It's certainly not coming out fast, and it's certainly not coming out soon, because right now they want to control what happens to their game.

I'm genuinely asking here, where did you see CDPR promising mod support? Honestly asking here, as someone who uses mods whenever I can I am very interested if they promised this but I can't seem to find any info from them on that. In fact all I remember and could find again is CDPR confirming mods were not gonna be supported at launch and absolutely no confirmation if they ever would be. Because of that I wasn't really expecting mods for CP2077 myself.

If you based your information from what a Youtuber said instead of the official sources... I'm sorry you only have yourself to blame here.

Of course, even the official source has lied about plenty of stuff concerning CP2077 but still, the point stands.

I'm genuinely asking here, where did you see CDPR promising mod support? Honestly asking here, as someone who uses mods whenever I can I am very interested if they promised this but I can't seem to find any info from them on that. In fact all I remember and could find again is CDPR confirming mods were not gonna be supported at launch and absolutely no confirmation if they ever would be. Because of that I wasn't really expecting mods for CP2077 myself.

If you based your information from what a Youtuber said instead of the official sources... I'm sorry you only have yourself to blame here.

Of course, even the official source has lied about plenty of stuff concerning CP2077 but still, the point stands.

It was either a video from Upper Echelon Gaming or YongYea but I strongly suspect YongYea since I just watch more of his videos.

It was either a video from Upper Echelon Gaming or YongYea but I strongly suspect YongYea since I just watch more of his videos.

Either way, the point remains that if you decide to believe unofficial sources over official sources and then the official sources turn out to be right... you can only blame yourself.

As far as I can see there was never any confirmation from CDPR about mod support.

Last edited:
Either way, the point remains that if you decide to believe unofficial sources over official sources and then the official sources turn out to be right... you can't only blame yourself.

As far as I can see there was never any confirmation from CDPR about mod support.

I'm looking though videos for it... but at this point I might end up up running out of time to decide what I want to do.. The other thing to consider is... but that's also besides the point.. The feature was in the game.. and then pull it out so shortly after launch.. If it was there and then you pull out support of it.. where does that leave me when it was there and then you renege on supporting it?

Removing the dev console is a bad move. No matter how they spin it. It's only good for them, not us.

Honestly, after seeing the debacle that was pre-launch and launch you actually still think CDPR management cares about us, unless you're a shareholder, then they'll bend over backwards for you.

Still technically the dev console removal is a delay. But really would you want a bunch of amateurs making a better game then you allowed your own professionals to make, while you're in damage control mode, and trying to placate Sony, Microsoft, Google, and a bunch of major game suppliers, and tell them it's all being handled but it'll take to February to fix...

then some amateur modder comes along and fixes it in a week?

Honestly, after seeing the debacle that was pre-launch and launch you actually still think CDPR management cares about us, unless you're a shareholder, then they'll bend over backwards for you.

Still technically the dev console removal is a delay. But really would you want a bunch of amateurs making a better game then you allowed your own professionals to make, while you're in damage control mode, and trying to placate Sony, Microsoft, Google, and a bunch of major game suppliers, and tell them it's all being handled but it'll take to February to fix...

then some amateur modder comes along and fixes it in a week?
People will always be able to do better, faster work. Because they aren't on a payroll limit. By doing this, they're just making the company look worse. The excuse lines is even worse. It's being removed because you can break story missions. It could also be used to FIX bugged missions. If people knew how to restart a mission with the console. I failed the Delamain mission because I got warped out of mission range. And I badly wanted to use a console command to reactivate the mission. I never again, didn't manual quick save before a mission, again.

People will always be able to do better, faster work. Because they aren't on a payroll limit. By doing this, they're just making the company look worse. The excuse lines is even worse. It's being removed because you can break story missions. It could also be used to FIX bugged missions. If people knew how to restart a mission with the console. I failed the Delamain mission because I got warped out of mission range. And I badly wanted to use a console command to reactivate the mission. I never again, didn't manual quick save before a mission, again.

I agree with you, but at this point I don't know if they can make the company look any worse then it already does. I mean 2 weeks ago the company stock was selling at 31 usd. In two weeks it's dropped almost half it's points to 18.50 usd. It really can't go too much lower.

So at this point, they may as well get all the nasty things out of the way now when they're almost back to their all time stock low (which was just over 14 usd (back in March just about the time they announced the April delay that I can find) let it drop a few more points with the bad news, then start working on good news and let it slowly climb it's way back up in time for the first major DLC. Putting out bad news now actually makes a lot of business sense.

Ryzen fix is perfect example of community fixing developers shit. Like, no QA have benchmarked how the game runs on most popular new CPU tech and seen something is out of whack?

I'm just glad they acknowledge and want to support the modding community.

They've could've simply disabled it just as easily, stating that is wasn't meant to be active in the first place.
CDPR is right now putting out a lot of fires of different fronts.
We're gonna have to play the waiting game, simple as that.

I would've loved to have seen things differently, but it is what it is. :þ

I hope the will cancel PS4 ans XBOX ONE versions once for all to put back people on PC PS5 and XBOX X versions.

Yeah when I read that I was really blown away. This is easily the single-dumbest change they have made so far by a huge margin.

Top Bottom