Red and blue dots

+
Red and blue dots

I'm begging for someones help here, I keep getting red and blue dots on the intro scenes, and I've tried everything I know to get rid of them. I have a NVidia 6800 ultra video card and I've updated every driver that I can find. I can't afford to upgrade to a new video card so that's not an option. Direct x is current (9.0c), I ran dxdiag, all is well. I bought the enhanced version so game update is current, I've also tried adjusting video settings up and down and they keep appearing. Also my OS is XP 32bit. Anyone else had the same problem? Maybe I'm crazy and it's supposed to be like that?Since last I wrote I also updated my Bios and chipset drivers, and threw in a fresh install.....stilll same damn problem. I should also add all my system reqs meet or exceed in every category, I have AMD 4k processor, 2k Ram, 16x DVD-Rom, Service pack 3.......So wth is the problem?Please tell me somone else out there had this problem![mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

Smokepaw said:
I'm begging for someones help here, I keep getting red and blue dots on the intro scenes, and I've tried everything I know to get rid of them.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )what game version original + patch or Enhanced DVD?attach a screenshot of the problem tooonly in the movies you have this ?

I have the enhanced DVD, I never downloaded the patch because of what I read in one of your posts, saying that there was basically no difference, do I still need to DL it? It's only during the startup cut scenes that I get the dots, if I do a fresh reboot/startup it takes a about 30 secs before they start, but after that they get bad every time I try to replay it. I finally got tired of trying to fix it and just tried playing the game. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the problem was gone in regular gameplay. It's playing quite nicely, but I DO seem to have a over-heating problem after about 40 minutes of gameplay, audio starts studdering here and there, and I start seeing hiccups in the graphics (for lack of a better word~). So this morning I took steps to try to keep it cooler, opened up the case, increased fan RPMs ( I have 5 internal fans), I even turned up my air-conditioning! It actually seemed to help, but then I ran into the Chapter 1 loading bug. I managed to get past that (thanks to the post on this forum!). I'll try playing again later to see if in fact it runs better under cooler conditions. Do you think it is a over-heating problem? or maybe virtual memory? I've never had overheating problems before with any other game.

Smokepaw said:
Do you think it is a over-heating problem? or maybe virtual memory? I've never had overheating problems before with any other game.
i don't have the crystal ball on my right now so, read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one ) :hmmm:do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashes )

Top Bottom