Refund problems

+
I was having fun and no bugs or performance issues until patch 1.05, now i cannot play the game. I asked for help in steam forums, and aparently I got a lot of replies but now I cannot read them because they deleted my post. I want to ask for help in the forum, but I cannot ntil I reach 10 posts, so I will spam my story until I can finally ask for help in a proper post.
I am really tempted to ask for a refund, but I would prefer to be assisted by support, instead of them deleting my posts on steam cyberpunk discussions page. I want to play the game and I was truly happy with it until patch 1.05, and now they delete my posts and I cant even open the game.

Wasn't the release date changed at least trice?
One would assume, there's work to be done, let them work.
I wonder how many of the people moaning today were senselessly pushing CDPR to release the game because they couldn't hold their shit.

I wanted to open a thread to give props to CDPR for all the awesome work no one's talking about, needed 10 posts before I could start my own, went through the General section and dropped a few comments here and there, I really don't care...

A final note though,
Next people are going to request a refund because they couldn't get a refund from Stefan?
Are you going to continue playing after losing all your stash to him? No, you're gona cheat and load a previously saved game, easy. What about the number of people who take advantage of other types of bugs, finish the games in record times and then even brag about it? Put yourself on the developers shoes, the years of effort to come up with something original, a great plot, best art, etc and half the people don't even care or realise the amount of work been put on the project, i'd say it's almost disrespectful but you live, learn and move on.

@CDPR, I know you not Stefan ;)

I wonder how many of the people moaning today were senselessly pushing CDPR to release the game because they couldn't hold their shit.
Gamers. Don't. Pick. Release. Dates.

Only management does.

Stop getting these two confused. Yes, players can whine or joke about delays, but they are NOT responsible for setting release dates.

Yea, I'm done with GOG at this point.

Requested refund a week ago and still no reply about it. Very unprofessional.

Gonna take my money elsewhere, to Steam or Origin or Uplay lol

Amazon issued me the refund for Ps4 copy (An opened copy of the game that I played lol) of CP2077 an hour after I returned the copy to Kohls lol

Amazon issued me the refund for Ps4 copy (An opened copy of the game that I played lol) of CP2077 an hour after I returned the copy to Kohls lol

wow, how many copies did you buy? what did you plan to do with all of them?

It is impossible not to refund, they are gonna change their policy next year for sure after this mess but now they have to refund if they do not want another class action.

I wont buy another cd projekt game and from GOG for sure if they wont refund me.

Almost 10 days and counting since the refund request, just one automated message and nothing else even 4 reminders later. As the first game I bought specifically through GOG to support CDPR, this will also be the last. I understand they get a lot of requests and that the overall time on GOG is up to 30 days for when you can get a refund, however with 30% of this time gone and holidays shortly here I am not hopeful.

If I would reply so slow at my own work or deliver so slowly, I would not be having a job anymore. Sure, some could say it's a videogame, but it's a business at the end.

It could be they are stalling the refunds to pass the calendar year, though I hope not. No refund for a game where the refunds have been admitted by the developer themselves and other platforms should take this long. As a customer of anything this is unacceptable.

Almost 10 days and counting since the refund request, just one automated message and nothing else even 4 reminders later. As the first game I bought specifically through GOG to support CDPR, this will also be the last. I understand they get a lot of requests and that the overall time on GOG is up to 30 days for when you can get a refund, however with 30% of this time gone and holidays shortly here I am not hopeful.

I'm certain that the amount of time that has passed since you requested your refund is irrelevant. They know at what date you requested it. Of course, if you then spend days playing the game that might undermine your point but I'm assuming that people who requests refunds also stop playing.

I'm sure your refund will come. CDPR has already said they send those in wave and to simply be patient if yours hasn't been refunded yet. Though I do understand the frustration.

Guest 4509026

I can't even get a refund on GoG (only automated responses). Waiting for 3 days now.

I can't even get a refund on GoG (only automated responses). Waiting for 3 days now.

I'm assuming you're getting the same automated response as everyone else, which would be normal. CDPR is issuing refunds in waves. I'm assuming they're adding requests (after verification) in order of first come first served. Of course I have no true knowledge of how they determine who's in which wave, it just seems fair and logical.

Sony, Steam, Epic, they all have issues it seems with refunding a game one which only a few
apparently can actually play, and if you used steam or epic and gotten 2 hours 1 minute of play
time you might as well give up hope. I had 2hours 15 minutes on epic and even though I am
guessing they start your time the moment you login and download the game to install
(which is the only way I got near 2 hours 15 minutes) as it locked up on me for 40 min
while I was cooking for my kids, after two failed attempts to even get out of the bar
as it would turn my laptop off completely. I have more then the minimum requirements
for the game with my Rog Strix as well so I have no idea what was up with it powering
down my machine. but yeah epics repeatedly refused after their first CS said that they would
in deed refund me a second employee even emailed me told me all I needed do
was verify my email and epic account which I did , but the third-ninth all copy and pasted
the same information and refusals.. glad myself nor any of my kids play fortnite as
ill never in my life use epic again, and tell all my customers at my PC shop not to as
well.

Sony, Steam, Epic, they all have issues it seems with refunding a game one which only a few
apparently can actually play, and if you used steam or epic and gotten 2 hours 1 minute of play
time you might as well give up hope. I had 2hours 15 minutes on epic and even though I am
guessing they start your time the moment you login and download the game to install
(which is the only way I got near 2 hours 15 minutes) as it locked up on me for 40 min
while I was cooking for my kids, after two failed attempts to even get out of the bar
as it would turn my laptop off completely. I have more then the minimum requirements
for the game with my Rog Strix as well so I have no idea what was up with it powering
down my machine. but yeah epics repeatedly refused after their first CS said that they would
in deed refund me a second employee even emailed me told me all I needed do
was verify my email and epic account which I did , but the third-ninth all copy and pasted
the same information and refusals.. glad myself nor any of my kids play fortnite as
ill never in my life use epic again, and tell all my customers at my PC shop not to as
well.

Not entirely true, at least not in Steam's case.

I've gotten games refunded on Steam even after 3-4 hours. It all depends on the agent you get and how you expose thing. Obviously simply writing "GAME IS A SCAM" (or something like it, you get the idea) isn't gonna get you much sympathy but explaining things in a calm and civil demeanor can. They're also much more open to refund when you accept for the money to be sent to your Steam wallet since that money will never leave Steam.

As far as Epic though, can only agree. I asked for a refund once and never even got an answer. After two more tries, I gave up and only use the Epic store for it's free games lol.

wow, how many copies did you buy? what did you plan to do with all of them?
I bought 2 copies. PS4 (played on PS5) and GOG played on PC. I really wanted this game to be good. To answer your question I wanted to see how the game runs on Ps4, Ps5 and PC since all have different specs. I wanted to see the differences. I have also bought the copy on PC because they started talking about Mod support for the game.

But at this point im done comparing the platforms. They are all bad, some more than other.

I actually still have no refund or even a single response on my refund ticket for PC version on gog.com
I'm worried the 30 day money back guarantee will expire on me, even though I have been waiting for days and submitted my return ticket long ago. :giveup:

8 days and counting since the automated response.
Of course, if you then spend days playing the game that might undermine your point but I'm assuming that people who requests refunds also stop playing.
Given the DRM-free nature of the game I doubt they're checking as it would be a pointless overhead for them.

Personally, i would not refund a game, if you keep playing it after asking for refund...
Oh that I agree with. I've uninstalled the game the moment I decided to refund. I was just pointing out that with the DRM-less nature of the game it's probably unlikely that GOG can actually check if you're still playing or not.

Top Bottom