Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
I'm actually happy to hear this. not in the sense that I have to wait longer, but I know that the light at the end of the tunnel will be all the brighter! take your time guys, and don't ever feel rushed by any one, thinking you have to put it on the shelves sooner to make any one happy. from what I've seen all of us guys and girls are glad to wait for as long as it takes till you guys are ready to release the perfect RPG experience! :)

Just imagine...

CDPR, a company trying to compete with the big guys by sheer quality and love put in their games... after taking this bold and risky decision to delay the game for a few months, make the announcement. They feel sad and prepare for the oncoming wrath of the fans and disappointed people giving them flak only to find out the community took it SO well. Infact I was expecting a lot of hate to come when the announcement happened and to my surprise almost everyone is supportive of them. I'd kill to have such an understanding and supportive fanbase.

View attachment 2271

I've been waiting for this game (in 2014) as for the Second Coming of Christ!
Well, let's wait some more time...

Attachments

• 2b3078bf1a8432c0584713985093cc5a.jpg
    2b3078bf1a8432c0584713985093cc5a.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 34

but on more serious note,of course we all want to play the game the first chance we have,but if cdpr says its necessary too wait,we shall wait :) (dark souls 2 and arkham night will make it easier anyway)

I'm not surprised by the response here, this community is consistently supportive, probably mostly realists, the only time trouble really flares is when the possibility of a particular gameplay mechanic so far unimplemented by CDPR is mentioned. No doubt there are less supportive comments out there on gaming forums from people less attached.

The problem now is that all momentum has been lost, even if you can argue it's only a few months, it's another year. The fact is this forum has already been declining in use, there seems little worth talking about since development is apparently so advanced to be unchanged by any suggestions. Many of us have been contributing to ticking things over, patiently, but now we need help. I have been one to defend the level of secrecy so far, so when I now say it's time for that to change, it should be realised that is because I see it as essential to maintain the fanbase.

Please @Marcin Momot; implement a screenshot of the week / fortnight policy, make them obscure & debatable, even throw in a few red herrings, give us a reason to keep coming here.

I'm not surprised by the response here, this community is consistently supportive, probably mostly realists, the only time trouble really flares is when the possibility of a particular gameplay mechanic so far unimplemented by CDPR is mentioned. No doubt there are less supportive comments out there on gaming forums from people less attached.

The problem now is that all momentum has been lost, even if you can argue it's only a few months, it's another year. The fact is this forum has already been declining in use, there seems little worth talking about since development is apparently so advanced to be unchanged by any suggestions. Many of us have been contributing to ticking things over, patiently, but now we need help. I have been one to defend the level of secrecy so far, so when I now say it's time for that to change, it should be realised that is because I see it as essential to maintain the fanbase.

Please @Marcin Momot; implement a screenshot of the week / fortnight policy, make them obscure & debatable, even throw in a few red herrings, give us a reason to keep coming here.

I agree ... but on the other hand i dont want to be spoiled :D ... there is no helping it ... ill probably delete bookmark for the time being ... since there is no wind in the sails ... can do nothing but wait for the storm to come.... give it a couple of months ... but for now witcher 3 is resting on shore ....

What if they do indeed have another non-Witcher related game coming out this year? That's whats got me intrigued.

You are right.
Basically, or CDPR give us something to discuss, or forum may be closed till Feb. 2015.
Even a SO HOT topic about Triss/Yen preference cannot be stretched for a year.

I agree ... but on the other hand i dont want to be spoiled :D ... there is no helping it ... ill probably delete bookmark for the time being ... since there is no wind in the sails ... can do nothing but wait for the storm to come.... give it a couple of months ... but for now witcher 3 is resting on shore ....
See this is exactly the problem, it's only being realistic, this thought will be in the back of most peoples heads "time to put TW3 to the back of the mind". I know I am, a community needs discussion topics and we are severely limited here. Well, perhaps my departure will be welcome :p

I'm problably one the few people who was expecting this new. I rather prefer they take their time than rushing an unpolished release that would clash with Dragon Age 3 one.

Despite that I still feel sad.

Could you cdpr guys release some more screenshots to help the news?

Ok, no problem for me.
At least you will have enough time (an no chance for excuses) to integrate Ciri and Yennefer in W3 properly.
And complete one (at least) good happy-ending storyline.
And one opened-end for W4 or Ciri 1.
And
:)

I´d lie if I said I´m not a bit disappointed, since I want to play this game so much!
But I understand the decision and I´m sure it´ll be for the best in the long run.

Now go and make the best game ever!!!

PS: At least this will give me more time to upgrade my PC without being left with red numbers...

is alright ,this is not a huge problem for me i can live with that :)
and i know some of the fan here must feel a little bit disappointed sad or maybe depress & .etc .etc .
but hey you must think of the bight side ,that we will have a enough time for saving some money for buying new PC ( or even a upgrade )
and plus you can still enjoy a many new game in this year.

& well.... at lest we all know the release date ( see... is not that bad right ? ;) )

Top Bottom