Remove Forfeit after last cards played in last round.

+
Remove Forfeit after last cards played in last round.

I like that it's no longer possible for people to forfeit left and right at the first round after playing zero cards just to get the GG reward, but there is another issue with the forfeit, I think. Once a player has played their last card and can't actively do anything else in the last round, they shouldn't be allowed to use forfeit at that point. They've already lost, and since the point of a forfeit is to concede the round or the game it seems moot. A player should still have at least one card left in order to forfeit in the last round.

[Edit for clarity for those who don't see the clarification in the post thread] -- I'm referring to the point when neither player is capable of doing anything anymore and the game is moving on to load the recap screen.

My game client has also hung up a few times when going to the round recap screen with the message that the other player has forfeit, which is annoying.

Last edited:
Forfeiting is fine as it is now. Just remove the annoying pop-up you get after winning.

zecenker;n7940170 said:
A person might have finished their cards, but the opponent might be one of those "lovely children" who still go on playing every card despite winning. In such cases forfeit is a useful way of cutting them off and saving yourself some annoyance.

That is the purpose of a forfeit anyway, I think. Bow out once you know it's over, especially when they have a ton of cards left and you've got none left/have passed because don't have anything useful left to play. Using forfeit then after passing if they insist on playing the cards they have left is acceptable if they've clearly won. Though, I like to use that as an opportunity to see their deck. Maybe they've thought of something I haven't.

I was referring to those times when there are no cards left to play on either side and the game has already begun moving to the recap screen. I was unclear about that in my initial post!

daemhan;n7928300 said:
Once a player has played their last card and can't actively do anything else in the last round, they shouldn't be allowed to use forfeit at that point.

That is, quite honestly, ridiculous.

There's exists an extremely annoying population of players in the game who seem to derive some sadistic satisfaction from slowly playing the rest of their deck after the opponent has passed in the final round, and you want to punish the people who've already lost by forcing them to sit through that humiliation, with no means of escape?

NatoGreavesy;n7940740 said:
There's exists an extremely annoying population of players in the game who seem to derive some sadistic satisfaction from slowly playing the rest of their deck after the opponent has passed in the final round, and you want to punish the people who've already lost by forcing them to sit through that humiliation, with no means of escape?

I clarified in a previous post, since my initial one wasn't properly clear. I meant when game has fully ended for both players -- no cards left or both have passed already in the third round, neither player has the ability to do anything but wait for the recap screen to load. 4RM3D suggested removing the annoying popup, which would likely fix the issue with the occasional game hangups when people insist on forfeiting after they've definitively lost.

Personally, I've encountered opponents forfeiting when they already were losing 0-1 and they knew they could not win the second round (mostly when all cards were played).

Since I think you get an extra reward when you win 2-0 (not sure actually so correct me if I'm wrong), it seems you don't earn that extra reward in the scenario I've described above. In that case you should not be able to forfeit the game (plus the recap screen looks buggy).

NatoGreavesy;n7940740 said:

This is the only reason I don't give a GG...

This is gwent teabagging.

gigabomb;n8008440 said:
This is the only reason I don't give a GG...

This is gwent teabagging.

No. Tbagging is funny in action games. Makes me laugh all the time.
Being a douche and slowrolling after the opponent passed is a whole different matter.

Top Bottom