Roadmap?

+
Lies, the game runs well enough on high settings with a 2080.

Until you start driving.

Is THAT what I've been doing wrong all this time!?

EXPECT NOTHING. Nothing at all. They already lied to us for 5 years, what does it take for people to learn? Come back in a few months and see what they've done. It's not worth it sitting there, angrily complaining. It won't change anything, you're just wasting your time.

One could argue that time spent on this forum, no matter the subject, is a waste of time.

It's the population density that kills the performance. Probably their new lighting system, which looks like utter garbage btw, has some serious issues. Everything is super over-saturated and shiny until you go to dim areas, then you might as well play with your eyes closed. The lighting in the 2018 demo was 10x better.

It's the population density that kills the performance. Probably their new lighting system, which looks like utter garbage btw, has some serious issues. Everything is super over-saturated and shiny until you go to dim areas, then you might as well play with your eyes closed. The lighting in the 2018 demo was 10x better.

Yeah, I did lower the population density to medium but everything else is on ultra. No RT because I'm on a 1080 but I'm getting a steady 60+ FPS. Which is plenty for a single player game.

While driving at high speed through downtown I'll get dips in the low 50s but otherwise I'm frankly satisfied with performance since 1.06
Post automatically merged:

One thing is for sure: we should NOT request any sort if deadlines for any content they may release.

They wouldn't offer any either. It would be suicide at this point.

Except choice DOES matter. Where are you getting this "there are 2" options from? Are you talking about in a single mission?
Choice matters ALL OVER the game. Choose one option with certain people and/or in certain missions, and that both opens up and cuts off options following that. The game has multiple ending based on what you choose to do throughout it.
Choice DOES matter. Perhaps not as much as YOU would like it to. But that's on you and your expectations.
As Kikinho said, it truly doesn't. Try to save the game at points that you believe are or should be critical for how your game will turn out and then reload them and choose a different option.

The commentator makes it sound like there are lots of solution to the scene in the video and there isn't. It will affect something later in the game, but overall it changes nothing. Afterwards he makes the suggestion that everything you do in the game changes how you story unfold, which is just a straight up lie, hardly anything besides maybe 1 or 2 things makes a difference.

I'm sorry but your post didn't many any sense to me whatsoever. A roadmap only shows the customers that they are working on it and what they are working on
A roadmap does not show what they are working on. A roadmap shows what they would like to work on, but it is not set in stone. It is merely a rough idea of what they would like to work on and in which order, based on info they have at the time. As I mentioned in my post - a roadmap changes very frequently as company priorities for the product change. The contents of a roadmap are not forever set in stone, nor are the rough deadlines attached to those goals.

Say you want to do A and B in January, then C and D in February, then E,F and G in March/April. You put that on a roadmap.
Then the teams start working, but as it turns out A is a lot more complex than initially estimated, so B can't even be started in January, so it's pushed to February. It also turns out that customer feedback suggested that E is much more important than C and D, so it's re-prioritized to be done right after B, which pushes it up to February, but pushes back C, D, F and G...
Hopefully you see where I'm going with this example and understand how a roadmap can and does change easily.

if there is no information/communication it will only make people more impatient and lose hope that they are actually working on something.
I never said or implied that they shouldn't communicate anything at all. I'm just saying making a public roadmap is not the way to go for reasons I already explained in this and in my previous post.

While I don't think it matters, I worked for game studios (including AAA studios) for the past 10 years or so, anyone would be able to understand the psychology behind it though. Waiting on something is a lot easier when you know what you are waiting on then to wait on something you don't even know if it is being worked on at all.
Sure, but a roadmap is still not the way to go, when it comes to communication with your customers. Again, for reasons already explained. As an additional FYI, I'm not pulling my roadmap explanation out of my ass - while I haven't worked in the gaming industry, I do have almost ten years of my own experience in working for software development companies, both as a dev and as a lead in multiple teams and on multiple projects. I am simply trying to explain what a roadmap is in this business and why it shouldn't be shared with people who don't understand what it is and what is its purpose.

Source on that? I've been following this game since it was first announced over 7 yrs ago, and have never heard or seen them say that they plan multiplayer.
I cba to google it for you, but I can confirm plans for multiplayer are well known.

Sorry to blow your bubble, but literally not one choice matters before the point of no return. The only thing that makes a difference in the endings are how far have you gone in Panam's questline and Judy's. And even then Judy just gives flavour to it.

Have you played the game to it's end?

You are often given choices, yes, but they are merely illusion. The consequences of these are exactly the same in the vast, vast majority of quests. Furthermore, these consequences have little to no consequences.

Good grief! <facepalm>
What the hell are you expecting here? Numerous totally separate story lines that are totally unrelated to each other? LMAO
Try never helping Panam. ALL subsequent possibilities regarding her and her nomad tribe disappear.
Try lying to ... what's her name .. The lady you save from the scavs in the beginning. Try lying to her about reading her chip when you bring it back. That closes off any other options regarding her. She immediately kicks you out of her apartment.
The game has multiple endings. Numerous times throughout the game, choices you make will both open or close various mission and character options later.
SO WHAT if it doesn't entirely change the world? It's not supposed to. ... And actually, things you do DO show up in the news at times. But otherwise it shows just how much effect V's actions have on the world. Virtually none. The rest of the world doesn't give half a shit about what V does, nor should it.
Frankly, y'all are expecting too much.
This game is telling a story. A story that has a distinct plotline that branches but ultimately returns to a small set of final outcomes. THAT'S THE STORY!

And no. I haven't finished the storyline yet. I'm taking it slow and sucking every ounce of gameplay out of it.
Please, enlighten me how having multiple endings and how choices you make either close or open options afterward is "not having consequences for your choices."

It sounds to me like you people are looking for a world where V is the ultimate most influential person in the world, and every decision you make affects it. Like every choice you make affects ... well ... EVERYTHING!! Good grief.

The only choice that changes anything meaningful is at the point of no return and besides 6 different endings, it has no effect on the game or the world.

Your choices don't affect the world until the final outcome. Which has 6 different endings, that DO affect the world and the character.
Yet you persist in proclaiming that choices don't matter. <sigh> <facepalm> Whatever.

Last edited:
Good grief! <facepalm>
What the hell are you expecting here? Numerous totally separate story lines that are totally unrelated to each other? LMAO
Try never helping Panam. ALL subsequent possibilities regarding her and her nomad tribe disappear.
Try lying to ... what's her name .. The lady you save from the scavs in the beginning. Try lying to her about reading her chip when you bring it back. That closes off any other options regarding her.
The game has multiple endings. Numerous times throughout the game, choices you make will both open or close various mission and character options later.
SO WHAT if it doesn't entirely change the world? It's not supposed to. ... And actually, things you do DO show up in the news at times. But otherwise it shows just how much effect V's actions have on the world. Virtually none. The rest of the world doesn't give half a shit about what V does, nor should it.
Frankly, y'all are expecting too much.
This game is telling a story. A story that has a distinct plotline that branches but ultimately returns to a small set of final outcomes. THAT'S THE STORY!

And no. I haven't finished the storyline yet. I'm taking it slow and sucking every ounce of gameplay out of it.
Please, enlighten me how having multiple endings is "not having consequences for your choices." And how choices you make either close or open options afterward.

It sounds to me like you people are looking for a world where V is the ultimate most influential person in the world, and every decision you make affects it. Like every choice you make affects ... well ... EVERYTHING!! Good grief.
Ah sorry, didn't realise you made up your own definition of a RPG and player agency. My bad.

I'm just too tired to argue with people like you. You clearly have made up your mind about the player agency so it would be wasted effort to try and explain my point of view to you.
Enjoy your game Love. Or maybe come back and lecture us about the story once you actually finished it, god forbid done a second playthrough to compare consequences.

Edit: You have literally not experienced the endings yet you are arguing like if you would have a clue lol I can't even argue with you without spoiling stuff for you.

Ah sorry, didn't realise you made up your own definition of a RPG and player agency. My bad.

I'm just too tired to argue with people like you. You clearly have made up your mind about the player agency so it would be wasted effort to try and explain my point of view to you.
Enjoy your game Love. Or maybe come back and lecture us about the story once you actually finished it, god forbid done a second playthrough to compare consequences.

Edit: You have literally not experienced the endings yet you are arguing like if you would have a clue lol I can't even argue with you without spoiling stuff for you.
Whatever. I know about several of the endings. VERY different. But the world goes on. Just as it did after Johnny and team nuked Arasaka back in 2023. STILL, 54 yrs later, Arasaka is still in control of Night City, and MiliTech is still their main enemy. Arch nemesis even. And Arasaka is STILL trying to use SoulKiller to take over the world. Nothing consequential has changed.
The world of cyberpunk doesn't care about your character. It never has. That's part of the whole point. Regardless how much your character tries to change things, what you do really doesn't matter in the end. That's this world. Apparently you want a different world.
People like YOU will bitch about anything. It sounds like you want the equivalent of a tabletop game where a GM can adapt to what you do on-the-fly.
A computer game like that doesn't exist.

Whatever. I know about several of the endings. VERY different. But the world goes on. Just as it did after Johnny and team nuked Arasaka back in 2023. STILL, 54 yrs later, Arasaka is still in control of Night City, and MiliTech is still their main enemy. Arch nemesis even. And Arasaka is STILL trying to use SoulKiller to take over the world. Nothing consequential has changed.
The world of cyberpunk doesn't care about your character. It never has. That's part of the whole point. Regardless how much your character tries to change things, what you do really doesn't matter in the end. That's this world. Apparently you want a different world.
People like YOU will bitch about anything. It sounds like you want the equivalent of a tabletop game where a GM can adapt to what you do on-the-fly.

We don’t want our choices to affect the world, we want them to affect our character, and they don’t. Not in any meaningful way. Two characters played completely different ways end up in exactly the same spot with the exact same choices. Not sure why you’re so mad people don’t agree with your assessment of the endings, but a lot of people don’t like them and are wondering if they’ll be addressed.

Sure sure... whatever you say. But just because you have low standards, doesn't mean we all have to abide by it.
I was expecting a minimum of player agency like in the Witcher 3, hell even witcher 2 had more replayability than CP77.

And sorry but up until point of no return, you have 0 influence on the endings. Nada. The endings purely depend on what choices you make after the elevator, and even then, you only get 6 different colour of the same.

And no you are really really wrong by assuming that I'm talking about the impact on night city. I couldn't care less about Night City. I care for my own character and the characters around him.

And the arguement "bUt ThE CyBerPUnk WoRLd doESn't cAre AbOut yoU" is cheap and completely useless. It's a video game, meant to be an RPG above all. What is the bloody point of telling a story where I who is meant to be the proganost have 0 say in how things will go?
If that is what Cyberpunk is all about, then probably they should have just gave the rights to Netflix to begin with to make a 8 episode series that i can watch once and then forget about it. Probably there would be more story in that 8 episodes then there is in the game atm...

Edit: And I only "bitch about" things that are worth of criticism in order to better them in the future. People like you who accept medicore/inferior quality are the ones who need to pull their heads out of the sand.

We don’t want our choices to affect the world, we want them to affect our character, and they don’t. Not in any meaningful way. Two characters played completely different ways end up in exactly the same spot with the exact same choices. Not sure why you’re so mad people don’t agree with your assessment of the endings, but a lot of people don’t like them and are wondering if they’ll be addressed.
Because you're being ridiculous with your expectations and desires.
Choices don't affect your character? ummm yeaahhhh. no. Romance Panam or not. Not means no help from them nomads. Kill all the Maelstroms or not. Kill 'em all means no help from them later. How you deal with Takeshi matters. How you deal with Jackie's mom matters. Blow off Judy. Blow off fixers .... They all affect how your game plays out. And yes, OF COURSE the game ends up in the same place in the end. THAT'S THE FREAKIN STORY ARC! And you've got 6 different potential endings.

Well then they shouldn't say it!! And use it to promote the game if it's not even remotely true.

They NEVER EVER EVER said it would be a video game version of the tabletop game. Computer games simply CANNOT react in the same way a human GM can. To expect such things is ridiculous. Perhaps in the future .. but quite a ways into the future. So if that was what you were expecting .. well ... Your expectations were unreasonable.

Road maps tend to be ammunition for the self entitled.
posts appear titled like .
Where is the new story you said would be ready in April..

With the fubar Console release, and the bugs that, can stop you even chosing dialoge, messages across the screen that don't fade, etc etc.
CDPR would be wise to not present a road map just announce things as they arrive.

Because you're being ridiculous with your expectations and desires.
Choices don't affect your character? ummm yeaahhhh. no. Romance Panam or not. Not means no help from them nomads. Kill all the Maelstroms or not. Kill 'em all means no help from them later. How you deal with Takeshi matters. How you deal with Jackie's mom matters. Blow off Judy. Blow off fixers .... They all affect how your game plays out. And yes, OF COURSE the game ends up in the same place in the end. THAT'S THE FREAKIN STORY ARC! And you've got 6 different potential endings.

I really think you should finish the game. I think you have some misconceptions about how the story plays out. I’m not being mean or trying to fight, it just sounds like you’re really overestimating how things are going to play out.

You also don’t have to romance Panam to get her help, just do the quest. Panam is the only choice you listed that makes any difference at all and all you have to do is her quest. It’s why people want a roadmap or a hint of what the DLC will cover, the endings are really lackluster compared to all the choices you just listed that should matter, but ultimately don’t.

Sure sure... whatever you say. But just because you have low standards, doesn't mean we all have to abide by it.
I was expecting a minimum of player agency like in the Witcher 3, hell even witcher 2 had more replayability than CP77.

And sorry but up until point of no return, you have 0 influence on the endings. Nada. The endings purely depend on what choices you make after the elevator, and even then, you only get 6 different colour of the same.

And no you are really really wrong by assuming that I'm talking about the impact on night city. I couldn't care less about Night City. I care for my own character and the characters around him.

And the arguement "bUt ThE CyBerPUnk WoRLd doESn't cAre AbOut yoU" is cheap and completely useless. It's a video game, meant to be an RPG above all. What is the bloody point of telling a story where I who is meant to be the proganost have 0 say in how things will go?
If that is what Cyberpunk is all about, then probably they should have just gave the rights to Netflix to begin with to make a 8 episode series that i can watch once and then forget about it. Probably there would be more story in that 8 episodes then there is in the game atm...

Edit: And I only "bitch about" things that are worth of criticism in order to better them in the future. People like you who accept medicore/inferior quality are the ones who need to pull their heads out of the sand.
LMAO ... "Ony 6 endings" LMAO <facepalm> wow. How about YOU try making a game of this magnitude, eh?
And no. My point about the cyberpunk world is not "cheap and useless." THAT'S THE GORRAM WORLD!! You don't like it, go play a game set in a different world FFS, cuz you CLEARLY don't like this one.

Thankfully, people like you lot are in the vast minority. Hundreds of thousands of people are playing at any given time on Steam alone, and enjoying it. It's YOU LOT that are loud and angry. There's so many posts about people liking the story. Yet you lot keep saying "You just have low standards" or "you don't know what you're talking about."
No, it YOU LOT that don't know what you're talking about, and you're expectations are way to high for ANY video game.

The bugs and cut features? Now those are things worth being disappointed about. Even griping about or, for some people like console players, even being angry about. This game not being the full equivalent of a tabletop RPG with a human GM is not. That's being a whiny child.
Good grief. Entitled much? .... <sigh> Y'all will NEVER be pleased, given your ridiculous expectations.

Road maps tend to be ammunition for the self entitled.
!! BAM !! Thank you. Exactly. :)

A roadmap does not show what they are working on. A roadmap shows what they would like to work on, but it is not set in stone. It is merely a rough idea of what they would like to work on and in which order, based on info they have at the time. As I mentioned in my post - a roadmap changes very frequently as company priorities for the product change. The contents of a roadmap are not forever set in stone, nor are the rough deadlines attached to those goals.

Say you want to do A and B in January, then C and D in February, then E,F and G in March/April. You put that on a roadmap.
Then the teams start working, but as it turns out A is a lot more complex than initially estimated, so B can't even be started in January, so it's pushed to February. It also turns out that customer feedback suggested that E is much more important than C and D, so it's re-prioritized to be done right after B, which pushes it up to February, but pushes back C, D, F and G...
Hopefully you see where I'm going with this example and understand how a roadmap can and does change easily.

I never said or implied that they shouldn't communicate anything at all. I'm just saying making a public roadmap is not the way to go for reasons I already explained in this and in my previous post.

Sure, but a roadmap is still not the way to go, when it comes to communication with your customers. Again, for reasons already explained. As an additional FYI, I'm not pulling my roadmap explanation out of my ass - while I haven't worked in the gaming industry, I do have almost ten years of my own experience in working for software development companies, both as a dev and as a lead in multiple teams and on multiple projects. I am simply trying to explain what a roadmap is in this business and why it shouldn't be shared with people who don't understand what it is and what is its purpose.

I'm not going into an endless discussion about this, this thread was merely a question if they had or will have a roadmap.
I strongly disagree that a roadmap wouldn't be a good idea, but I frankly don't care if you disagree with that. There are enough examples to give in which a roadmap is being used to communicate the work to their customers/investors which has helped them to keep faith and interest in the project, Cloud Imperium is a good example of that. It has a roadmap with goals that show detailed information on how far they are with every goal they put on the roadmap, and this has helped them keep a lot of their customers interested and hopeful in the project.

Top Bottom