Rogue AI DLC teased for Patch 1.3?! [General patch speculations]

+
Not the name of an iconic weapon by chance ?
Yeah I just realized there's legendary weapon of that name. Hmm... Coincidently this is Maelstrom weapon, who are the trading partners in this conspiracy trade happening in Garry's mission.

Well then...

Do you know who's the father of Fenrir? Loki.

I guess Loki is technically a "Wolf Father" since he's the father of Fenrir and grandfather to his children.

According to https://norse-mythology.org/tales/ragnarok
"Mankind will become so desperate for food and other necessities of life that all laws and morals will fall away, leaving only the bare struggle for survival. It will be an age of swords and axes; brother will slay brother, father will slay son, and son will slay father."

"And its captain will be none other than Loki, the traitor to the gods, who will have broken free of the chains in which the gods have bound him."

"Fenrir, with fire blazing from his eyes and nostrils, will run across the earth, with his lower jaw on the ground and his upper jaw against the top of the sky, devouring everything in his path. Jormungand will spit his venom over all the world, poisoning land, water, and air alike."

Perhaps Jormungand will in this instance be the Crystal Palace as it surrounds the earth and is kind of omnipresent as everyone is able to see it with naked eyes. It could start to leak a storm of viruses after your "successful heist" there. You return back to earth to discover a great war between men and machines has started.

Perhaps you could even be given mission to blow up the Crystal Palace to ultimately end this broadcast at one point to slay this giant snake.

And Ragnarok in Norse mythology is in some variations an end to all cosmos, and in some it's a beginning of something new.

So perhaps this story will follow a world where humankind unites against a common enemy, many will perish and it's going to be tragic event. Something new will emerge. Perhaps all the gangs join forces in some grand conflict against the machines.

Perhaps destruction of Crystal Palace (if that were to happen) would shake the power structure where the ultra rich just control everything and live on isolation from the rest of the world are no longer in power, and something great will emerge upon this destruction. Perhaps in near the end of next expansion there will be a world which is more open as resources that are so few are now become more plentiful... partly because so many got killed, partly because the wealthy don't rig the system behind everyone.

There's some hope in Cyberpunk as there are good people like Peralez who really want to make things right.

Last edited:
Still, despite Norse mythology or not (since at least they seem to vaguely reference to Patricide), there is very strong hint about AI behind Cyberpsychosis and that things are about to get very ugly in near future as they seek to usurp their creators.

In retrospective, we as Night City citizens acting in behalf of V got special "privilege" to be playing in world that is not consumed by another war... yet. The world is struggling and it's the "end times" as there's hardly any wild life, everything is almost dead in the nature and scarcity for basic needs. Mountains and mountains of trash everywhere. People begging on the streets and many are drawn into violence to get their ends meet.

I would be really shocked (in a bad way) if the expansions were of some small non-world changing events as things have really gotten that bad.

The current story is mainly focused around V as a character, what is to be human, and what is means to live and die and would man be willing to sacrifice his soul for a some form of immortality, even by sacrificing large part of himself.

Perhaps the expansions will focus on what humanity is, who has right to decide, can peace be ever achieved.

It could of course be that this AI revolution is going to be 2nd expansion where 1st one will be focused more on building towards that. Focusing more on Peralez's success as a candidate, pushing reforms and annoying bunch of entities in power that make Peralez's life a living hell.

Perhaps it could be that the rumored DLC missions are going to be focused purely on helping Peralez as a candidate and securing his future, among his friends...

Whatever the case... I got sudden urge to listen to Manowar.

I check on YouTube all latest rumors, expecting at least SOME KIND OF FACT BASED RUMORS and all we get is "well if you do x-y-z-t you might see something, without the reporter actually doing anything.

I've completely lost trust on Open World Lies and PissHead and the rest.

All they do is regurgitate lies they read on Reddit and report it as news.
These youtubers just speculate about what they read on internet, I wouldn't expect them to have any Jason Shreier type of information. Very likely, you know more than they do.

So, you're saying there will be a legendary Crusher by the name of Thor? Got it.
Well I don't know what to believe.

But there's clearly some reference to Fenrir or Loki when they're talking about Wolf Father.
At least I couldn't figure out where in other mythology wolves have huge role to play in any apocalyptic manner. And I very much doubt they are talkin about actual wolves here.

Perhaps indeed there is some dude who made Fenrir the weapon and gave it to Maelstromers and he's the "wolf father".

Even if I'm 100% wrong on everything, it's at least fun to imagine there is some connective tissue as Pawel Sasko has mentioned in a stream that "all the clues are there" when asked about Mr Blue Eyes.
Post automatically merged:

News update regarding 1.3 from the mouth of CDPR themselves:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/orrvda
Yay, it's DLC time (hopefully this week)

Last edited:
Well I don't know what to believe.

But there's clearly some reference to Fenrir or Loki when they're talking about Wolf Father.
At least I couldn't figure out where in other mythology wolves have huge role to play in any apocalyptic manner. And I very much doubt they are talkin about actual wolves here.

Perhaps indeed there is some dude who made Fenrir the weapon and gave it to Maelstromers and he's the "wolf father".

Even if I'm 100% wrong on everything, it's at least fun to imagine there is some connective tissue as Pawel Sasko has mentioned in a stream that "all the clues are there" when asked about Mr Blue Eyes.

News update regarding 1.3 from the mouth of CDPR themselves:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/orrvda
Yay, it's DLC time (hopefully this week)

Thank you Hellman for leaking this information.
Got too deep for me, just giving you a hard time. I do want an icon Crusher though.

Screenshot_4.png

Except the fact that CDPR work and test "a lot", nothing, I think :)
Pawell has commented on Twitch that they are quiet and working hard like they did on No man sky. I like that a lot, there is a lot to improve for Night city to be credible.

The latest rumors suggest that Pawell will perform belly dancing live on Sunday. It will be the big surprise
:sad: Because there is no dlc

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone have any concrete info ? It seems that a very large update / see mini dlc of 38 GB should see the light of day at the end of July, we are on August 1. Does anyone know anything about it or is it a intox ?

It is not known, but surely "FREEDOM OF THE PRESS" is still not fixed.

The people who have already killed the one to be saved, if we go through the door they already say "mission failed". And even if we do the mission later, it doesn't say "completed", it's still failed.

Top Bottom