Rumours and Speculations

+
Lisbeth_Salander;n10381422 said:
Also, you're close friends with Angry Joe?

Not a close friend, but I did translated some of his videos and I have contact with him through some friends who do know him pretty well. I had a chance to meet him back in 2015 when he arrived to Poland to play The Witcher 3, but because of certain obligations I couldn't travel all the way to Warsaw, but at least they still got his autograph for me. Probably gonna have my chance next year or so, when Cyberpunk will be coming out.

Snowflakez;n10381372 said:
As for gameplay loops, tough to say. In the literal coding definition, it just means having code execute over and over depending on certain triggers. I am not sure what that could mean for actual gameplay, though. Maybe it just means keeping people engaged.

I presume it might be connected to the stuff like daily routines for the NPC's or patrol routes for enemies, since they are planning on adding stealth to the game.

My personal (and I want to stress PERSONAL) thoughts are that CDPR wants to take in-game interactivity with and by NPCs to new levels. Way back when NPCs were static, then they started moving and mostly shared the same handful of dialog options, then they started having daily routines and generic reactions to in-game events (start a fight and they flee sort of stuff). We're now at a crossroads. More, and more detailed interactions with NPCs requires not only a good AI but also time ... LOTS of time ... on the part of the developer. So, add months to a games development schedule or hire a lot of people to use the tools the engine coding team (hopefully) made relatively easy to use.

But adding that level of NPC (re)activity also means you need more art and animations, thus more time ... or people.

My two cents.

Suhiira;n10382902 said:
My personal (and I want to stress PERSONAL) thoughts are that CDPR wants to take in-game interactivity with and by NPCs to new levels. Way back when NPCs were static, then they started moving and mostly shared the same handful of dialog options, then they started having daily routines and generic reactions to in-game events (start a fight and they flee sort of stuff). We're now at a crossroads. More, and more detailed interactions with NPCs requires not only a good AI but also time ... LOTS of time ... on the part of the developer. So, add months to a games development schedule or hire a lot of people to use the tools the engine coding team (hopefully) made relatively easy to use.

But adding that level of NPC (re)activity also means you need more art and animations, thus more time ... or people.

My two cents.

What sort of new levels are you thinking, personally?

Right now, I'm drawing a blank. You can have the world react to you and CDPR is supposedly using TW3's season generation system to rebuild buildings and stuff after you or your actions destroy them, which hints at interaction, but that's less AI and just generally game programming.

Maybe NPCs could have more varied responses to your actions? GTA V dipped into this ever so slightly, but it's still one of the better systems I've seen. Instead of just getting out and running away from you, sometimes NPCs will duck in their seat, plow forward and run you over if you aim a gun at them. Other times, they'll put their hands up. Other times, they will run away.

If you drive a fancy vehicle around town, people will stop to take pictures and make comments. If you wreck havoc or hurt people, someone might take pictures and post it on social media, alerting the authorities, or just outright call the cops.

Is that sort of along the lines of (Not exactly that) what you mean?

I'm not expecting specific examples, I just wanted a general idea of what you had in mind.

I'm also curious about those "new levels". I mean, obviously you can't give "everyone" full on multithreaded dialog choices in a game like this and adding few animation sets and barks isn't really "new level", but there are ways to dramatically increase NPC interactivity from being just a walking dummies (I've thrown my ideas about it out a couple of times - probably too "old school" or too abstract, didn't seem to turn out very interesting), but what would the suggestion here be? What kind of "new levels"?

Tieco

Forum regular
My 2 eb, game play loops may be related to the fact that any story line has to be compelling regardless of which role is running through it. We know they are trying to allow game play as everything from Solos (who will probably use kinetic solutions for things) to Netrunners (hacking a system to get some data or control a automated gun) to Corps / Fixers (who will try to sweet talk there way in.)

Though this may just be me projecting my hopes about how the game will play....

Snowflakez;n10383112 said:
What sort of new levels are you thinking, personally?
<clip>
Is that sort of along the lines of (Not exactly that) what you mean?

I'm not expecting specific examples, I just wanted a general idea of what you had in mind.
Your examples from GTA are a good start. IMHO CP2077 should react to certain physical characteristics (gender, "excessive" cyberware, racial/ethnic group, perhaps "class") and such things as vehicle (an old beater vs a luxury vs a high performance) and visible weaponry (walk into a bar armed to the teeth people should react!).

Then there are factors involving the NPCs themselves. If a firefight breaks out Beavers and Street People should scatter; but a local gang may join in or hang around and try to scavenge/steal whatever they can. Police, CSWAT, and hired guards certainly should react, probably calling in reinforcements if needed.

In addition to daily schedules perhaps add a "weekend" schedule. Also add a few "random events". Maybe some senior Corp type has a 5% chance of being called to a meeting across town thus their entourage travels someplace it normally doesn't once in a while ... might be an opportunity to bushwack them ... or maybe they barge in when you're after the other person they're meeting with.

None of these things is terribly difficult to incorporate in a game, they just take time and resources.

(MadQueen Show) &quot;CYBERPUNK 2077 BREAKING NEWS! First commercial!&quot;

Hey, Folks. Madqueen just posted this video, watching it now.

Let's all watch together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAssXnR6kJk

Sard, feel free to move this to updates and speculation if you think it fits better there. I just wanted to get some initial exposure so people can watch.

Edit: So, finished watching. It's completely legitimate (it really is a new video with Mike Pondsmith talking about the game) but it doesn't offer any amazingly interesting details. However, it does seem to suggest the start of some aspect of their marketing campaign.

Last edited:
Draymar23;n10447292 said:
Its confirmed then, 2018 really is The Year of Cyberpunk. The promotional campaign has begun and E3 will finally be the reveal. The hype is real folks :D

It is not confirmed. At all. When CDPR tells you it is, you'll know.

As far as I understand, this is an edit of old clips. And speculation. Moving.

Sardukhar;n10447322 said:

I don't think it's an edit of old clips. What made you think that?

Snowflakez;n10447372 said:
I don't think it's an edit of old clips. What made you think that?

The footage of him walking, the trailer cuts. The interview might be new, but it's just him talking about the trailer and plans for the game.

Also, "newspapers" is pretty flimsy and almost certainly means the screamsheet feed across the bottom of the teaser trailer.

Mike's given interviews before. Not sure what's different, details-wise, about this one as opposed to the others.

Sardukhar;n10447322 said:

Then why is Vodafone promoting the game? I'm not sure if you realize the importance of this commercial. I know CP2077 is very early in promotion but I don't think CDPR needs to tell us when or even if they are showing it. Recent news updates on the game have made it self evident that they are ready for reveal at E3. The rumors also seem to hold up pretty well so I don't get where your coming from Sard. I mean, it makes sense to show CP2077 at E3 2018. Why would they take the stage to promote Gwent, that game is pretty much done anyway (its in beta after all) This commercial is definitely not an edit of old clips, this is a legitimate part of the build up to E3, that I am 100% sure of.

Sardukhar;n10447392 said:
The footage of him walking, the trailer cuts. The interview might be new, but it's just him talking about the trailer and plans for the game.

Also, "newspapers" is pretty flimsy and almost certainly means the screamsheet feed across the bottom of the teaser trailer.

Mike's given interviews before. Not sure what's different, details-wise, about this one as opposed to the others.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I posted it because the interview itself was new, never seen it before.

I don't know who/what Vodafone is so I can't say whether or not it's particularly special, it just seemed to have more "professional" production values than his previous impromptu interviews at places like Gamescom and the like.

Draymar23;n10447422 said:
Then why is Vodafone promoting the game? I'm not sure if you realize the importance of this commercial... this is a legitimate part of the build up to E3, that I am 100% sure of.

Snowflakez;n10447432 said:
Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, I posted it because the interview itself was new, never seen it before.

I don't know who/what Vodafone is so I can't say whether or not it's particularly special, it just seemed to have more "professional" production values than his previous impromptu interviews at places like Gamescom and the like.

Here, I'll link to Akul's translation from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...one_interview/

Nothing in there is new at all.

A commercial is something a company pays for to advertise their product. Did CDPR do this commercial? No. A media tech company interviewed a man about a product he created, in order to sell their products.

This is not a CDPR commercial. You'll know when it is. Among other things, they'll be telling you.

Whether there is news at E3 or not, there is really nothing new here.

Sardukhar;n10447582 said:
A commercial is something a company pays for to advertise their product. Did CDPR do this commercial? No. A media tech company interviewed a man about a product he created, in order to sell their products.

This is not a CDPR commercial. You'll know when it is. Among other things, they'll be telling you.
My take as well.

Sardukhar;n10447582 said:
Here, I'll link to Akul's translation from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkga...one_interview/

Nothing in there is new at all.

Whether there is news at E3 or not, there is really nothing new here.

It is true that nothing is new but CDPR doesn't have to make a commercial to promote the game to be official, that is what I have been saying. I don't think we will hear from CDPR about the game until E3 because doing so beforehand will ruin the element of surprise. Therefore they are paying Vodafone to make the commercial and Mike Pondsmith is representing CDPR which is a very smart marketing strategy. Its called business.

Yeah Sard is right, its literally nothing. The thing is that Mike does often interviews, he did many before, it has nothing to do with CP2077.

The surprise will not be the marketing type or the time when it will start promoting the game.
Marketing can be candles, food, fancy toilet paper, the medication box, transmission from space station etc. We can expect anything.
Regarding time is the same, we can expect it happen anytime after this long development time.

The only thing that can truly surprise us is the quality of the game and what the game offers.
Of course, let's hope it will be a pleasant surprise for the old and new players to the CP universe.

I will be happy to see the marketing for the game starting, until then I'll just wait for something more tangible.

Sardukhar;n10447392 said:

Cool, you're probably right. I don't care that much either way, I just thought I'd share it with everyone in case it was worth noting.

It did strike me as pretty odd that CDPR would make a commercial in a single language that wasn't Polish or English.

Agreeing with Sardukhar here as well. That video seems too far-fetched for me to be a commercial and the fact that it is only available in one language says it all, at least for me.

Top Bottom