Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
Playing on a PS5, patch 1.0.5. I take the elevator upstairs to the entrance to Totentanz but when I get to the door I get the mission update to "talk to Dum Dum", but he's not there, there's only 3 Maelstrom labeled "fanatic". No way to continue the mission.

I've tried saving and reloading from multiple points, tried jumping back a mission and playing from there, I've tried getting up to the bug and fast traveling around (once I leave the area there's no exclamation point showing me where to go anymore).

This is really pissing me off, I fought through continuous crashes and other smaller bugs, but haven't been hit with something game breaking until now. At this point I might just refund the game, does anyone know if you get to keep your save if you do?

Same on PC, I killed Royce, Dum Dum, left Brick. Now everything is frozen.

Patch 1.06 is out!
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

So it's fixed now. Thanks!
Edit: Nope, still the same with the new patch. Kinda fucked.

Last edited:
BEST NEWS!!! Now it'll take me a while to download the patch thanks to a slow internet but I'm excited to be able to play again! Thanks for your work, devs.

This didnt fix shit for me, Nancy is missing, mission marker is stuck on "Leave" on the elevator, no Dum Dum anywhere. Guess it fixes it if you hadn't started the mission but it it bugged out in the middle of it like on my end we're still fucked.

This is incredibly annoying.

Guest 4515173

Dum Dum still isn't there despite running 1.06. Using a save point where I have to go to Totentanz.

This didnt fix shit for me, Nancy is missing, mission marker is stuck on "Leave" on the elevator, no Dum Dum anywhere. Guess it fixes it if you hadn't started the mission but it it bugged out in the middle of it like on my end we're still fucked.

This is incredibly annoying.

THIS! i was excited .. to finally end the quest and the game..but noooooo

Yeah, as expected they probably fixed it so it doesn't matter where you call nancy from. But if you already did, then it's still broken. Didn't fix it for me either. Guess i gotta go replay the last 15 hours or so -_-

Yeah, as expected they probably fixed it so it doesn't matter where you call nancy from. But if you already did, then it's still broken. Didn't fix it for me either. Guess i gotta go replay the last 15 hours or so -_-
Please tell me it's a joke, I'm still downloading the patch but I can't believe this.

Some things are so shocking they're hard to believe. Now I'm just waiting for them to come tell me that I just need to wipe my 80 hours long save file to fix this issue.
i really hope not, i mean its a great game, i really like it, but a not functional semi main quest, is a no go =/

Please tell me it's a joke, I'm still downloading the patch but I can't believe this.

Sadly, no. I even went through the trouble of finding the totentonz again and walking all the way to the door (even though there was no mission pointer). Still missing on my side. Of course, you should try it too anyway, who knows how they actually fixed it.
I got a save file that's about 15 hours of gameplay before this, I guess I'll have to wipe that bit of progress. :(

Edit: I'll spend some time trying to get it though, gonna do some saves/resaves maybe I can get him to pop up. Will post feedback after.

Can confirm, the hotfix did absolutely nothing for me regarding the quest. All my saves are at the point where I have to go into Totentanz (so I've already talked to Nancy on the phone but didn't enter the building since I've got the quest) and if I take the elevator up there are still the three fanatics, no dum-dum and I can't progress further.
Was really hyped the quest got fixed so quick but now my disappointment is even higher.

UPDATE!
I managed to get him to show up. I reloaded my save -> went to animal farm (fast travel, walked around like an idiot for 30 seconds) then went to pershing (again, fast travel) where the club is (run-down hotel building). Walked up the stairs again and saved in front of the door. Reloaded save and he was there!
The waypoint system was bugged but I can go on with the quest so I suggest going all the way over there again. And playing with saves/resaves. A friend said he got him to show up the same way, and that he had a save in 1.05 as he was facing that door and it just worked like that. So I tried recreating that in 1.06.

UPDATE!
I managed to get him to show up. I reloaded my save -> went to animal farm (fast travel, walked around like an idiot for 30 seconds) then went to pershing (again, fast travel) where the club is (run-down hotel building). Walked up the stairs again and saved in front of the door. Reloaded save and he was there!
The waypoint system was bugged but I can go on with the quest so I suggest going all the way over there again. And playing with saves/resaves. A friend said he got him to show up the same way, and that he had a save in 1.05 as he was facing that door and it just worked like that. So I tried recreating that in 1.06.
You reloaded the save where you can only go to Totentanz, right?

Top Bottom