Series X Pixelated Visual Artifacting FSR 2.1 | DRS

+
Ok so I was playing today and it was really bad for me started get black flashing when driving and looking around so i started fiddling around with the graphics and video tabs of the menu and while I was playing in game with my character so while playing the game not in the title screen switch off everything in the graphics tab and switching to ray tracing mode and played like that for five or ten minutes and noticed it got a lot better so then while still in game i switched back to performance mode and it was still better so If someone can try it to to see if im imagining things I would appreciate it

Ok so I was playing today and it was really bad for me started get black flashing when driving and looking around so i started fiddling around with the graphics and video tabs of the menu and while I was playing in game with my character so while playing the game not in the title screen switch off everything in the graphics tab and switching to ray tracing mode and played like that for five or ten minutes and noticed it got a lot better so then while still in game i switched back to performance mode and it was still better so If someone can try it to to see if im imagining things I would appreciate it
Is it fully away or only a bit better (for a period of time)?

I think i dont give it a try. Im done with CDPR and the game atm.. waiting for the next patch with no expectations.
Also the performance drops on XSX are so huge atm.. hilarious.

:giveup:
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: A well known german gamingsite called "GamePro" made a full article a few days ago on this topic with references to our thread :)

Last edited:
Update it's not better I think when I reinstalled it the FSR 2 problem was even worse when i reinstalled it and me messing with the options helped fix the even worse problem that I was having with the FSR 2 issue that still exists.

Is it fully away or only a bit better (for a period of time)?

I think i dont give it a try. Im done with CDPR and the game atm.. waiting for the next patch with no expectations.
Also the performance drops on XSX are so huge atm.. hilarious.

:giveup:

UPDATE: A well known german gamingsite called "GamePro" made a full article a few days ago on this topic with references to our thread :)

It looks like they think it's a Direct X 12 issue and that's what I've been thinking because you can recreate the issue on PC. and PlayStation doesn't have this issue because they don't use DX12 Sony has a custom API

Last edited:
Anyone tried 2.02 yet? The problem isnt mentioned in the patch notes so expectations are below zero.

Im pretty sure now to sell my Xbox and switch back to PS5 after trying this new patch.

Anyone tried 2.02 yet? The problem isnt mentioned in the patch notes so expectations are below zero.

Im pretty sure now to sell my Xbox and switch back to PS5 after trying this new patch.
If it's not mentioned it's not fixed. It's that simple. If this keeps you away from enjoying the game and you didn't want to wait, switch back.

No not fixed with 2.02 hopefully it will get fixed soon.

I had to stop playing because of this issue. Every few moments driving through Dog town the image just causes onscreen glitches and gives me a headache. The image reconstruction just does not work properly on xbox. i read somewhere this is because DX12 is used on Xbox whilst Ps5 uses something different and does not have the same problem.

I had to stop playing because of this issue. Every few moments driving through Dog town the image just causes onscreen glitches and gives me a headache. The image reconstruction just does not work properly on xbox. i read somewhere this is because DX12 is used on Xbox whilst Ps5 uses something different and does not have the same problem.
Jep. DF was able to reconstruct this issue on PC, too. I don't understand why they aren't able to fix this. As more as the framerate fluctuate and the resolution is changing as more you get this artefacts. In Dogtown this is abnormal.

FSR 2.0 is also used in Starfield aaaaaaaaaaaand..... no problem at all !! The image quality is nearly perfect in Starfield.
No shimmering, no flashing.

So, I think the problem is how RED Engine use FSR2.1 with DirectX 12.
It seems now they know It's a problem on how the engine use directX 12....so, fingers crossed for a future update :(

FSR 2.0 is also used in Starfield aaaaaaaaaaaand..... no problem at all !! The image quality is nearly perfect in Starfield.
No shimmering, no flashing.
Definitely a problem with FSR in Cyberpunk (I guess), but honestly I wouldn't say "the image quality is nearly perfect" in Starfield :)
If you pay attention, there is a weird effect on the border of the screen. Not very annoying, but far to be "perfect".
Without talking about the LOD issue (rocks and many details appear few meters in front you while you "only" walkig, not even running^^), HDR which seem weird (images seem very faded) or performances and crashes/freezes (Today I had to kill the game 3 times because it simply freeze and do no longer respond^^).

So yeah, Starfield doesn't have the issue Cyberpunk have, but it have its own issues that Cyberpunk don't have :)

Definitely a problem with FSR in Cyberpunk (I guess), but honestly I wouldn't say "the image quality is nearly perfect" in Starfield :)
If you pay attention, there is a weird effect on the border of the screen. Not very annoying, but far to be "perfect".
Without talking about the LOD issue (rocks and many details appear few meters in front you while you "only" walkig, not even running^^), HDR which seem weird (images seem very faded) or performances and crashes/freezes (Today I had to kill the game 3 times because it simply freeze and do no longer respond^^).

So yeah, Starfield doesn't have the issue Cyberpunk have, but it have its own issues that Cyberpunk don't have :)
everything you said it's true, but the problem in cyberpunk make the game almost unplayable... in Starfield, well, they will fix HDR for sure in the next update and the LOD issue is a mix of bad optimisation/game engine. Only 2 crashes in Starfield in about 90hrs.

So yeah, it was an exaggeration to say "nearly perfect", because it's nothing as bad as the problem in cyberpunk. I would do another run from zero in cb2077, if only was more playable than this... :)

So yeah, it was an exaggeration to say "nearly perfect", because it's nothing as bad as the problem in cyberpunk. I would do another run from zero in cb2077, if only was more playable than this... :)
To be honest, I played more than 500 hours on Starfield in september* and jumping on CP 2.0 and phantom Liberty was a real breeze of fresh air. The overall performance of Cyberpunk is awesome compared to Starfield. Starfield is already locked to 30 FPS but with regular huge performance drops. For example, Akila city at day is just a no go for me...
So even with this issue, the experience on Cyberpunk is butter smooth and really enjoyable, even while driving fast, even during heavy fights, even with all the visual, shadow and light effects that Cyberpunk have and Starfield don't... If Starfield could run close as Cyberpunk, I would be happy... I would exhange Cyberpunk performances against Starfield performances even if it mean few visual issues too... :D

*+500 hours since I finished Cyberpunk/Phantom Liberty

To be honest, I played more than 500 hours on Starfield in september* and jumping on CP 2.0 and phantom Liberty was a real breeze of fresh air. The overall performance of Cyberpunk is awesome compared to Starfield. Starfield is already locked to 30 FPS but with regular huge performance drops. For example, Akila city at day is just a no go for me...
So even with this issue, the experience on Cyberpunk is butter smooth and really enjoyable, even while driving fast, even during heavy fights, even with all the visual, shadow and light effects that Cyberpunk have and Starfield don't... If Starfield could run close as Cyberpunk, I would be happy... I would exhange Cyberpunk performances against Starfield performances even if it mean few visual issues too... :D

*+500 hours since I finished Cyberpunk/Phantom Liberty
Yeah i get it...I mean, I loved cyberpunk 10 times more than Starfield (and I love Starfield and his sci-fi), but i really hope they will fix this problem. I really hope, because i wanna do another run from zero :D (already played 650hrs on cyberpunk hahah)

Hello again my fellows,
coming back here to tell you that i switched back to PS5 and what can i say...: NOW i definately know how unpolished the Xbox version of the game is (not only in terms of the flickering-bug).

The Playstation version feels better in so many ways - runs smoother, looks better, no flickering, less general visual bugs, even the sound works much better (have a atmos surround system)..

overall way more polished in relation to the Xbox.

Will this annoying problem finally be fixed? In 30 fps mode you can still play, but in 60 fps mode it is impossible. The image constantly has distortions and flashes of the world, which causes irritation and possibly a headache. This is definitely a problem with the crappy FSR2.1 which has a problem with DX12. I played CP2077 on PS5 and everything was fine, now I want to hit 100% on Xbox and it makes it impossible to play. For 2 hours I tried different settings in the console with different settings, but nothing works. Please fix it finally

Pathetic effort from CDPR on this issue. Stop releasing new content until you've fixed what you already have. I can't believe all of this "best ongoing game" BS. Clearly the panel weren't playing the xbox version. For me, the game has only been going downhill since 1.6. First they introduced the accursed FSR with this bug. Then in 2.0 we get the inexplicable addition of a horrible always-on vignette effect and no setting to turn it off. Instead of fixing the FSR issue, 2.0 only exacerbates it. Plus DRS has been getting increasingly aggressive, which has further increased the blurry, shimmery appearance on XSX. The game is a poor, unpolished experience on this platform and no quantity of expansions or DLC is going to compensate for that. I waited all the way until 1.5 before purchasing on Xbox because I didn't want to deal with a bug-ridden game. Well, as disappointing as 1.5 was, I never imagined that subsequent patches would make the game even worse.

Yeah I'm actually starting to see, personally for me Cyberpunk2077 on my Ps5 feels better then my Xbox series X and imo both next Gen versions should run and feel the same and not have game breaking issues. I wanted to get PL for my Cyberpunk2077 on my Ps5 but since I can't even load my saves without crashing there is no way in hell I'm doing that lol. I can't imagine what some you guys are going through but it is very frustrating for sure and with the holidays approaching and vacations starting within a week or two maybe I hope we get some patches out to fix all of this mess.

Just replying here to say that, yes, this is still a huge issue on Xbox. Makes driving around the city at night just unbearable. Issue persists on RT and Performance modes, regardless of any graphics options enabled/disabled. Feels much more noticeable recently (since 2.0 or 2.1) than it was before. It’s been over a year since this was first reported, plus numerous other threads here and on Reddit and Twitter. Please CDPR, fix this already.

And for the record: I’m on Xbox Series X, have played on both an LG C2 and a TCL Q6, have tried turning on/off all video options on the console and graphics options in game. On a 60+ hour save that I started after PL released.

Last edited:
Top Bottom