Shadowrun Returns

+
I'm now immersed in the Dead Man's Switch campaign. I'm liking the game. Too linear, the flow of dialogue (which is very well written, although not that well -or fully- translated to spanish) is kind of realistic because you can't go back to many of the things that have been talked about... (that's another thing, a lot of things can't be checked twice, and you can't talk to many characters) but the combat is very good. Visually it looks nice, although it's easy to find errors like elements of the scenario that should be behind you obscure your character, even in early scenarios. Over all, I'm liking it.
Oh, I'm playing an elf drone rigger who I called Orfebre, which means Goldsmith in spanish and also sounds kind of like a name a character from the Matrix could have. I imagine him as someone who wants to become a drone designer himself... someday... you don't have that skill in game. The charcter portraits are great, but I'm using an imported one which I made from the elf decker on the cover of Running Wild.

Last edited:
I played the first campaign .I didn't like the setting all that much. It was also disappointingly linear. The story itself was OK until maybe the 1/3 of the campaign and then it went too batshit crazy for me to suspend my sense of disbeleif.

Also, it was truly bugged. I got stuck at the last mission of the first campaign where the guns would fire... then wait 15 seconds.

I hoped they fixed this.

Very very easy game also.

Yeah the first campaign (I think) was released mostly to get the game out there so the modders could get at it.
And some of the mods aren't half bad (of course far more are).
Now, I think, they plan to release a series of DLCs/updates.

Never played or tried Shadowrun...
...then again... my take on Shadowrun is the same as with the guy who made this:

Top Bottom