Should CD Projektred add new & missing features that are exclusive to PC & Current gen consoles?

+
Well, honestly, as long as anyone who bought the game on last gen consoles can play the next gen version for free, then I don't see any problem dropping support for the last gen machines. However, the time for it is definitely not now, maybe a year or so from now, when many a customer has moved on to the new hardware.

No, they're not equal. The last generation have substantially poorer I/O bandwidth, and substantially poorer graphics systems. If we're going to hold everything back to ensure compatibility with obsolete consoles, why don't we make sure it also runs on Atari Home Pong?
I didn't mean in power and internal hardwear..dont be Jackbutt..I meant it as we are all gamers no matter the system.

No, they're not equal. The last generation have substantially poorer I/O bandwidth, and substantially poorer graphics systems. If we're going to hold everything back to ensure compatibility with obsolete consoles, why don't we make sure it also runs on Atari Home Pong?
Perhaps I haven't been clear.

Next generation features on console are 60+ fps 4k and taking advantage of ray tracing features on those consoles. I don't think anybody is expecting those to happen on last gen hardware. Story content, DLC is then is a different matter. I don't see consoles being limiting factor here, as specs for this game include graphics cards like AMD Radeon RX 470 and nVidia GTX 1060. There's no hope for ray tracing or 4k on that hardware either.

Now CP 2077 was one of the most expensive game productions ever. The budget for the game is estimated at 1.2 billion zloty ($328 million), according to analysts at Polish bank BOS, which would make Cyberpunk 2077 one of the most expensive video games ever made.

Without console customer base, without people with lower end PC hardware, where's the money supposed to come from? Without that budget, good luck covering all motion capture work, voice cast, voice directing, writing and re-writing, localization (voice) and subtitles, all those and numerous other things that needed to be done anyway.

What I wrote earlier about bugs being cross platform, wasn't to put consoles down, but to point out that stuff comes from the same source, in the end anyway.

Next generation features on console are 60+ fps 4k and taking advantage of ray tracing features on those consoles. I don't think anybody is expecting those to happen on last gen hardware. Story content, DLC is then is a different matter. I don't see consoles being limiting factor here, as specs for this game include graphics cards like AMD Radeon RX 470 and nVidia GTX 1060. There's no hope for ray tracing or 4k on that hardware either.

Now CP 2077 was one of the most expensive game productions ever. The budget for the game is estimated at 1.2 billion zloty ($328 million), according to analysts at Polish bank BOS, which would make Cyberpunk 2077 one of the most expensive video games ever made.

Without console customer base, without people with lower end PC hardware, where's the money supposed to come from? Without that budget, good luck covering all motion capture work, voice cast, voice directing, writing and re-writing, localization (voice) and subtitles, all those and numerous other things that needed to be done anyway.

What I wrote earlier about bugs being cross platform, wasn't to put consoles down, but to point out that stuff comes from the same source, in the end anyway.

Ray tracing and enhanced graphics as well as improved FPS are already planned for next gen, because current gen cannot handle them its no big deal, however actual "Content" that's not about graphics or performance should be uniform across all platforms or some sections of the player base get screwed over. The thing with huge games like this is the "Experience" needs to be "similar across all platforms" or else it becomes its own controversy. Performance stuff is one thing, better machine plays better no big deal.... but completely locking stuff to one Generation or one Platform always stirs something up.

The issue isn't what happens when you have the models and textures in memory, it's fitting enough models and textures into memory simultaneously to be able to render the world at all, and being able to stream them in from backing store fast enough to make it look good as you move through it. And you can't do it: Night City is just too elaborate, to dense, too complicated, and too detailed for that to be possible.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't mean in power and internal hardwear..dont be Jackbutt..I meant it as we are all gamers no matter the system.
Yes, and there are gamers with systems which can only run Pong. Does that mean the only game you should be able to run is Pong? After all, we are all gamers no matter the system.

Hi.Stop corruption please with your mistake
What do u consider as current gen console ???
For microsoft , 50 million of xbox ones are sold all over the world n still under production
Only 3.5 million of serie SX have been sold ,mean all the stock they had ,n i don t know if they still produce some because there s no more to sell
Maybe it was a limited edition, as the few xbox elite sold n no produce anymore too
Take a look at wikipedia to verify
Current gen console are xbox one,ps4 ,n switch. Nxt gen could be xbox serie n ps5 if they get some client to buy it n xbox one etc no more produce.
Old gen is 360,ps3 n before

DC9V

Forum veteran
Hi.Stop corruption please with your mistake
What do u consider as current gen console ???
For microsoft , 50 million of xbox ones are sold all over the world n still under production
Only 3.5 million of serie SX have been sold ,mean all the stock they had ,n i don t know if they still produce some because there s no more to sell
Maybe it was a limited edition, as the few xbox elite sold n no produce anymore too
Take a look at wikipedia to verify
Current gen console are xbox one,ps4 ,n switch. Nxt gen could be xbox serie n ps5 if they get some client to buy it n xbox one etc no more produce.
Old gen is 360,ps3 n before
release dates:
xbox series s/x: 10. nov 2020
playstation 5: 12. nov 2020
It's 2021 now ;) so these consoles are definitely current gen. doesn't matter if the wikipedia article hasn't been updated yet. I know that it's difficult to get hands on a new console without paying a scalper-ish price, but if you compare it to CPUs, no-one is calling the Ryzen 5000 series the "next gen" anymore. Yes it's hard to get a 5900x, but it's not AMD's fault. Nor is it Sony's fault that you can't buy a PS5. It rather is the current covid-19-situation that makes it difficult to accept. Everybody is interested in some kind of entertainment at home, so the demand for gaming gear has increased drastically. But that shouldn't make old-gen consoles look like new again.

Thx ,but
Current gen is what current people use... Currently.
Whatever if it s better quality ,it s only quantity to define current
Xbox one etc... 8 gen, ps5 9 gen
When/if most people buy a 8k tv to watch ...tv n a serie or ps5 to use on it, n less people stop using xbox one n ps4 ,n also no more software produce n sold on it ,it could last gen
I don t know scalppers ,or if there any,only a story someone told me ,a rumor ,n i don t care :) all i see is that there are no more serieSX or ps5 maybe to sell,for sure at microsoft market
Maybe it will happened what happened to dreamcast n saturn before
For covid 19 , devellopers need only a sit and a compute to work ,n web connexion to work at home. If they got ill ,it took 2 week to cure

Last edited:
Never gonna happen. They can't AND it wouldn't be fair. It's not old console gen players fault if they bought a game that was advertised to run "unexpectedly well" days ahead before what we have all witnessed. So leave them behind would only just bring more negative press and feedback, something CDPR desperately doesn't want and need right now. Not to mention i imagine CDPR wanting to go back up on the PS Store ASAP.

Not to mention the low availability of this new gen consoles. I'd argue the largest part of console players are still using a ps4/xbox one to play games. Very few were lucky to get a ps5/xbox x.

And none of those can't be done on last gen consoles. In fact, plenty of games have done these on last-gen.

I get that shitting on last-gen is the typical thing to do for the PC master race crowd but the simple fact remains that games on last-gen consoles have had systems that are way more advanced than what CDPR gave us in CP2077.

Last-gen isn't to blame for this mess. CDPR's management is. Plain and simple.
Nope, do your research. Last gen struggles on the streaming end, CPU end, and GPU end when running this game efficiently.
CPU is all tapped out on last gen consoles I'm afraid. This is why severe LOD issues occur and bugs where cars rain from the sky. The only the way they're going to get this to ever work smoothly on last gen base models is to seriously nerf the graphical elements.

The CP game engine was designed to take full advantage of SSD, 8+ core processors and RTX capable GPUs. I wouldn't doubt AI was nerfed to accommodate the underpowered Jaguar CPUs and why many systems were cut. Could you imagine a transit flying through the city on a PS4/XBOX ONE and not crashing? I couldn't lol.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Never gonna happen. They can't AND it wouldn't be fair.
Even if it wouldn't be fair, are you really sure that they can't?
I think that real rebels don't give a sh*t.
Very few were lucky to get a ps5/xbox x.
I thought the same about Nvidia's RTX 3080 but that wasn't actually the case (but it might be the case soon because of the 3080 ti...)
Does something new ,or fashion ,or hipe, make a current thing old ? Future will tell ,punk
I believe that the present is already the past. Always.

Even if it wouldn't be fair, are you really sure that they can't?
I think that real rebels don't give a sh*t.

And who are the rebels? CDPR? Lmao. Right now they're more likely a cowering dog licking their own wounds.

DC9V

Forum veteran
And who are the rebels? CDPR? Lmao.
Just to answer your question:
New CD Projekt RED logo!

Established in 2002, located in Warsaw (HQ) and Kraków, Poland, CD Projekt RED was born out of raw passion to video games. The studio’s founders--Michał Kiciński and Marcin Iwiński, both pioneers in video game distribution in Poland in the 90s, decided to employ their gaming industry experience in video game development. A lot of time has passed since 2002, and the studio’s logo remained mostly untouched. Until today.

The new logo is a combination of energy and passion for game-making the studio is known for. This is how Adam Badowski, CD Projekt RED’s Head of Studio, sees the change:

We are rebels and rebels are free. Just like birds. The Northern Cardinal is what we see ourselves in the industry: intrepid, bold and confident; flying high and aiming even higher. The colour, cardinal RED, is something that connects it with another bird, a mythological creature close to our cultural roots and heritage--the Raróg, a small firebird believed to bring luck to people. RED stands for energy, the inner fire that drives us; it represents something very close to everyone here in the studio--the creativity and passion we harness from within ourselves to make the best RPGs in the world.

Starting May 14th, the Cardinal logo will become the new, official logo of CD Projekt RED--it will accompany all official assets and will form the core of the studio’s visual identification.

,[U][LEFT][B][SIZE=20px][FONT=ProximaNova][COLOR=rgb(253, 253, 253)]DC9V[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/U]
i m agree to say than tomorrow could be today ,most of if u build it,but today is still what we made of it for future... N today ,for console ,it still be xbox one n ps4 that are current gen ,so better to cold them as they are for current people
[U][LEFT][B][SIZE=20px][FONT=ProximaNova][COLOR=rgb(253, 253, 253)]batouyukinawa[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/U]
Who asked CDPR to use an engine for stream on console ,ps n xbox are made to use software ready to be manufactured n release as game only ,n read CD music n DVD n blue ray...
All other option need optionnal subscription. If u have obligation of xbox live gold or ps5 + to play a game with no technical issue ,should be mentionned on the game. No see stream compatibility on advertissement for console. N no need ,what for ?
Also , if for u last gen mean something current for most of people, good . N if pc master race seem the standard for u, good ,but no mistake , if u re fool enought to send your money throught windows ,most off all of us have head on shoulders h foot on earth, not head in the stars n feel walking on water

DC9V

Forum veteran
,[U][LEFT][B][SIZE=20px][FONT=ProximaNova][COLOR=rgb(253, 253, 253)]DC9V[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/U]
i m agree to say than tomorrow could be today ,most of if u build it,but today is still what we made of it for future... N today ,for console ,it still be xbox one n ps4 that are current gen ,so better to cold them as they are for current people
[U][LEFT][B][SIZE=20px][FONT=ProximaNova][COLOR=rgb(253, 253, 253)]batouyukinawa[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/U]
Who asked CDPR to use an engine for stream on console ,ps n xbox are made to use software ready to be manufactured n release as game only ,n read CD music n DVD n blue ray...
All other option need optionnal subscription. If u have obligation of xbox live gold or ps5 + to play a game with no technical issue ,should be mentionned on the game. No see stream compatibility on advertissement for console. N no need ,what for ?
Also , if for u last gen mean something current for most of people, good . N if pc master race seem the standard for u, good ,but no mistake , if u re fool enought to send your money throught windows ,most off all of us have head on shoulders h foot on earth, not head in the stars n feel walking on water
With the sudden leap in technology being pushed further, previous and older methods still being in use were gradually referred to as 'last gen' while everyone strived to make 'next gen-' into 'current gen-' technology.

Nope, do your research. Last gen struggles on the streaming end, CPU end, and GPU end when running this game efficiently.
CPU is all tapped out on last gen consoles I'm afraid. This is why severe LOD issues occur and bugs where cars rain from the sky. The only the way they're going to get this to ever work smoothly on last gen base models is to seriously nerf the graphical elements.

The CP game engine was designed to take full advantage of SSD, 8+ core processors and RTX capable GPUs. I wouldn't doubt AI was nerfed to accommodate the underpowered Jaguar CPUs and why many systems were cut. Could you imagine a transit flying through the city on a PS4/XBOX ONE and not crashing? I couldn't lol.

First, CDPR knew what hardware they were developing for, second, while sounding technical, your comments are your own opinions and are based on speculation on your part. The game hasn't even been optimized for the consoles, that is the biggest problem, not that the game itself is so advanced in any of its systems. For a start, the biggest resource hog is the resolution and frame rate, which are both much lower on the consoles. PC users seem to forget this and make the argument as if console users were expecting the full graphical experience.

Agree ,but leap in technology to do what with it ?i don t need 8k tv superblueray 8trillioon gigahretz to stream how narcissic i am,or going to mars after polute earth n be the 1st to put a flag n prospect, or more advance technoligical weapon or survey system to protect from my shadow n paranoia or from the people i ve made obsolete and useless, or machine n algorythm to substitute to men to reduce cost of work n make more money n power as they slave us to technology for those who own patent n produce this "shit" n programme obsolescence with allways new stuff ,n also downgrade or make poor quality of what is current. There are better to do ,like feed everyone n make sure he have a roof on his head n a peacefull life at first ,instead of produce new shit every year without recycling what have been done ,n feeding the rich n for us to run after the first to follow because he seem to have better than current people?progress?competition?n it goes better n better for all mankind?

Last edited:
First, CDPR knew what hardware they were developing for, second, while sounding technical, your comments are your own opinions and are based on speculation on your part. The game hasn't even been optimized for the consoles, that is the biggest problem, not that the game itself is so advanced in any of its systems. For a start, the biggest resource hog is the resolution and frame rate, which are both much lower on the consoles. PC users seem to forget this and make the argument as if console users were expecting the full graphical experience.
They're not opinions. I'm a 3d artist by trade lol. The amount of geometric complexity coupled with their advanced lighting, this alone pushes last gen hardware past it's limits. The only way they're going to be able to improve last gen performance is to downgrade the game. I was honestly very surprised to see the game looked so good, then I saw the performance and was like "oh". Make sense.

Top Bottom