• Yes

Votes: 76 89.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
These protections are useless.
There are couple of games out there with this Denuvo protection, and nobody talks how these games have increased sales?

I say yes for the simple fact of it alienating what might not be a the largest group of fans but old core fans that will not have it any other way.

It would also send a bad message in a broad view as they often make fun of DRM.

As far as I'm concerned some of it bothers me, some doesn't, but there's really no compelling reason to incorporate more DRM measures.

Yes, it should.
Not only it's the morally right thing to do, the backlash CDPR would gain by reneging on their promises and such a pillar of their principles, would certainly cost far more than the tiny little it would gain them on other aspects (and that's if they actually do gain anything).

Yes, it should.
Not only it's the morally right thing to do, the backlash CDPR would gain by reneging on their promises and such a pillar of their principles, would certainly cost far more than the tiny little it would gain them on other aspects (and that's if they actually do gain anything).

How then do you feel about them using DRM by the back door?

For example they have released some music only through DRM channels. And you also have be comics. CDPR has chosen to partner with a company that uses DRM for their digital comics. CDPR continually try to feign innocence and state that Dark Horses DRM policy has nothing to do with them.

How then do you feel about them using DRM by the back door?

For example they have released some music only through DRM channels. And you also have be comics. CDPR has chosen to partner with a company that uses DRM for their digital comics. CDPR continually try to feign innocence and state that Dark Horses DRM policy has nothing to do with them.
For now their games are DRM-free, and that's what I expect. I don't like that they partner with companies which use DRM, but I can accept it as long as their own published products aren't.

For now their games are DRM-free, and that's what I expect. I don't like that they partner with companies which use DRM, but I can accept it as long as their own published products aren't.

But the comics are their products and they are profiting from them. Sure Dark horse publishes it but, CDPR chose to go with them. They could have chosen to go with another company but, they chose the path of DRM. There seems to be a corporate rot setting in, how much longer before they give up on DRM free content, completely?

They could have chosen to go with another company ...

Isn't that being presumptuous? We're really not privy to CDPR's financials and operating expenses. Maybe it was cost prohibitive to go with anyone else. Dark Horse does a lot more for CDPR than just produce comics. They also manufacture and ship statues, figurines, necklaces, clothing, etc. What you are suggesting - boycotting every single company that has anything to do with DRM - really isn't realistic. What matters is that at the end of the day CDPR has control over their own games and that those games remain DRM free, and so far they haven't said anything which hints that this is going to change in the future. You are just speculating.

Isn't that being presumptuous? We're really not privy to CDPR's financials and operating expenses. Maybe it was cost prohibitive to go with anyone else. Dark Horse does a lot more for CDPR than just produce comics. They also manufacture and ship statues, figurines, necklaces, clothing, etc. What you are suggesting - boycotting every single company that has anything to do with DRM - really isn't realistic. What matters is that at the end of the day CDPR has control over their own games and that those games remain DRM free, and so far they haven't said anything which hints that this is going to change in the future. You are just speculating.

No, I don;t. You make it sound like they HAD to go with Dark Horse. Making comics was a business decision and to wrap them up in DRM was also a business decision. The figurines etc have feck all to do with the comics. There are also other companies who can and have made that stuff for CDPR. And yes, yes I am. Boycott them if you can because they take your money but you own nothing. CDPR don;t publish their own games yet, they managed to keep them DRM free. It shows a shift in attitude and a disrespect to consumers. It's always a choice but making more of a profit rather than just making a profit counts for more, why is that okay?

That's just the way the world is, why bother to change it. That your attitude? If so, you are part of the problem.

CDPR don;t publish their own games yet

This is factually incorrect. They did publish Witcher 3. They did not "distribute" it however (at least not physically), which is expected if you also do not have a huge worldwide logistics network as a side business.

Edit: Oh wait, did you mean something like "When they weren't publishing their games, they managed to keep them DRM free."? If that's so, that actually shows their business perspective better. It's "Let's keep our games DRM-free, no matter what". I don't get a message from that, that says they are against DRM in other products. Honestly, I'm fine with it as long as stuff they actually "make" is DRM-free (games, OST, etc.). The OSTs of the expansions were a huge problem for me, because they were not available DRM-free; but now that they are, I'm fine. Like I said before in this thread, I don't care about the comics anyway... I will take out the boycotting torches when I see them publish games with DRM, and remove GOG from existence (or at least make it pro-DRM).

Last edited:
Edit: Oh wait, did you mean something like "When they weren't publishing their games, they managed to keep them DRM free."? If that's so, that actually shows their business perspective better. It's "Let's keep our games DRM-free, no matter what". I don't get a message from that, that says they are against DRM in other products. Honestly, I'm fine with it as long as stuff they actually "make" is DRM-free (games, OST, etc.). The OSTs of the expansions were a huge problem for me, because they were not available DRM-free; but now that they are, I'm fine. Like I said before in this thread, I don't care about the comics anyway... I will take out the boycotting torches when I see them publish games with DRM, and remove GOG from existence (or at least make it pro-DRM).

If I recall correctly, the first two games were released with DRM on some distribution platforms in the past (TW1 with TAGES and TW2 with SecuROM), although the DRM was patched out from both, and GOG was always offered as a DRM free alternative.

Maybe it was cost prohibitive to go with anyone else

Simple solution - release it in pure digital form, and distribute it let's say through GOG. Problem solved. It was CDPR's choice to go with publisher which required DRM, there are no two ways about it.

You make it sound like they HAD to go with Dark Horse.

Yes, that is what I am suggesting as a possibility. Like I said, you are not privy to their financials, nor do you know what, precisely, other companies were asking to provide these services to CDPR. As I said, perhaps Dark Horse was the only option that wasn't cost prohibitive.

Making comics was a business decision and to wrap them up in DRM was also a business decision.

A business decision made by DH, not CD Projekt Red.

There are also other companies who can and have made that stuff for CDPR.

DH is the first company which has made cost affordable figurines and statues at a reasonable price for the fans. The collector's edition statues which came with the game left much to be desired, and Prime One is asking a fortune for their products. Like I said, perhaps DH cut them a deal because CDPR agreed to solicit their services for a variety of products.

Boycott them if you can because they take your money but you own nothing.

No one is forcing you to purchase the digital comics. They also come in physical form. If you are so concerned about someone taking away what you have purchased with your hard earned cash, get the actual books.

That's just the way the world is, why bother to change it. That your attitude? If so, you are part of the problem.

You need to chill out.

---------- Updated at 12:23 AM ----------

Simple solution - release it in pure digital form, and distribute it let's say through GOG. Problem solved. It was CDPR's choice to go with publisher which required DRM, there are no two ways about it.

So you are saying that you take issue with CDPR offering a physical alternative to digital media? Isn't that shafting the consumers who like having something tangible to add to their collection? Anyways, I would think you would support comics in book form. Ain't no one gonna ever take that away from you, and isn't that the point?

So you are saying that you take issue with CDPR offering a physical alternative to digital media? Isn't that shafting the consumers who like having something tangible to add to their collection? Anyways, I would think you would support comics in book form. Ain't no one gonna ever take that away from you, and isn't that the point?

I have an issue with any publisher which requires DRM. If they wanted physical media, they should have picked one which allows DRM-free digital releases in addition.

Yes, that is what I am suggesting as a possibility. Like I said, you are not privy to their financials, nor do you know what, precisely, other companies were asking to provide these services to CDPR. As I said, perhaps Dark Horse was the only option that wasn't cost prohibitive.

How did they HAVE to go with DH? The comics as a revenue stream didn't exist until CDPR decided to partner with a company to make them. Please explain how they had no choice but to pick DH over all the alternative choices.

A business decision made by DH, not CD Projekt Red.

You are not getting this. Lets leave it here.

Top Bottom