should I update to 1.05?

+
should I update to 1.05?

okay guys I'm kind of afraid to update, I'm currently using 1.03 and the game works fine, but I do have the XP bug, I skipped 1.04 and that was a good thing because people had a lot of issues with that patch, should I skip 1.05?

did the new patch fix that xp issues, or did it give you any problems or fps drop, I want to hear how you guys feel about this patch before I make the jump, please post your experience with this new update.

Thanks

okay guys I'm kind of afraid to update, I'm currently using 1.03 and the game works fine, but I do have the XP bug, I skipped 1.04 and that was a good thing because people had a lot of issues with that patch, should I skip 1.05?

did the new patch fix that xp issues, or did it give you any problems or fps drop, I want to hear how you guys feel about this patch before I make the jump, please post your experience with this new update.

Thanks

Well, suppose patch 1.05 is not any worse than 1.03. So you can go ahead and try it:)

At least 1.03 doesnt crash on me like 1.02, that's why i'm afraid to go to 1.05.

---------- Updated at 12:19 AM ----------

So the xp bug is fixed and not fps drop? what video card are you running. thanks

The XP bug is fixed as for fps drop it get better fps on my AMD and my 970, some say they get less but I have yet to get any kind of confirmation of their settings or edits.

Last edited:
The fixes and user interface tweaks are nice. Colourblind adjustments are another good addition. There's also an increase in the sharpness of textures.

I'm getting some pretty nasty framerate drops and audio stutters though with 1.05 that I didn't with 1.03. That's with a 970, i5 3570 and 16gb ram on Win7.

Just ended a play session now and it took going into task manager to get the game to fully quit.

EDIT: Tried again and the game exited cleanly this time. There is still some stuttering and the ongoing texture/character pop in taking place. Something else that's a little odd is the musicians in Oxenfurt - the ones near the well. The ingame music dips in volume automatically to allow what they are playing to be heard but nothing plays when in their detection radius. Move out of that detection radius and the ingame score plays again.

Last edited:
The only thing I think is annoying with 1.05 is we can only craft items/mutagens ONCE. If we have that item in inventory we can't create another, we have to drop it to create more. It behaves like 'potions' , but since it's a usable item we can drop it and make more. It's very annoying and tedious to make more items that way.

The only thing I think is annoying with 1.05 is we can only craft items/mutagens ONCE. If we have that item in inventory we can't create another, we have to drop it to create more. It behaves like 'potions' , but since it's a usable item we can drop it and make more. It's very annoying and tedious to make more items that way.

My god that sucks, thanks for the heads up, did you report this to cdred

Seems that it fixes a couple bugs, but I wasn't having any problem. Except for once, when I couldn't mount Roach for a time.

The patch adds some cool stuff too, like a blue witcher sense, easier to see :D

Well I'm going to give it a shot, I will let you guys know if it bites me in the butt.

It's colorblind mode, 'cause people who are colorblind can't see red so they added the option for it to be blue.

Well installed the patch and it did not fix the damn XP bug, i still have grayed out quests!
Lost about 5-7fps in towns (not the end of the world, but not good ether)
Also got the mutagen bug (the one smurfin mentioned)
That' what i found so far, i'm reinstalling the entire game to see if it will fix the xp bug, not too happy with cdred :(

---------- Updated at 03:43 AM ----------

The fixes and user interface tweaks are nice. Colourblind adjustments are another good addition. There's also an increase in the sharpness of textures.

I'm getting some pretty nasty framerate drops and audio stutters though with 1.05 that I didn't with 1.03. That's with a 970, i5 3570 and 16gb ram on Win7.

Just ended a play session now and it took going into task manager to get the game to fully quit.

EDIT: Tried again and the game exited cleanly this time. There is still some stuttering and the ongoing texture/character pop in taking place. Something else that's a little odd is the musicians in Oxenfurt - the ones near the well. The ingame music dips in volume automatically to allow what they are playing to be heard but nothing plays when in their detection radius. Move out of that detection radius and the ingame score plays again.

Wen i quit the game i still hear the in game music playing on my desktop for like a couple of minutes, will check out the musicians wen i reinstall.

So i reinstalled the game and the same thing, no xp fix.
or am i missing something? quests don't supposed to gray out anymore right?

So i reinstalled the game and the same thing, no xp fix.
or am i missing something? quests don't supposed to gray out anymore right?

Grey quests are what they want, they were never intended to give XP, the XP bugs they fixed had to do with main quests and side quests when you were trying to do them.

Grey quests are what they want, they were never intended to give XP, the XP bugs they fixed had to do with main quests and side quests when you were trying to do them.

Wait so the gray quest are normal?
do you get xp from it like you do on the green quests?

Why is the "Dreaming quest" gray and the Skellige quest green, i thought that's what they were fixing.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-06-06 00-58-26-31.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-06 00-58-26-31.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom