SLI GTX 560ti Constant TDR Crashes.

+
SLI GTX 560ti Constant TDR Crashes.

Hello,
I've posted in /r witcher about this as well as /r nvidia over on Reddit, thought it would be prudent to do so here as well and hope to maybe see if the dev's are aware of this issue.

When I run SLI with my two GTX 560ti cards the Witcher 3 will constantly TDR and crash to desktop with a notification that the drivers stopped working. This happens between 5 and 15 minutes into playing the game.

My current specs are:
2X Gigabyte nVidia GTX 560ti cards. (not overclocked other than the factory OC that the cards come with)
16 gig RAM
core i7 2600K @3.4 ghz (not overclocked)
Samsung 840 Evo SSD 250GB
Windows 10 Professional x64

I have had this problem since upgrading to Windows 10. Starting with initial nVidia WHQL drivers that released for Windows 10 and with every driver since up to the current driver version 358.50.

Every driver update I have used DDU to remove all traces of my previous driver and installed fresh. Turned SLI back on, and then allowed geforce experience to automatically Optimize my game. I have run with full screen, borderless windowed, and windowed. All of this has been to no avail thus far as the driver crash continues to happen when running SLI.

I have tried lowering the clock speeds on both cards with no luck using a variety of overclocking tools.

I have increased voltage slightly (+0.050 ) to see if maybe my cards were running under voltage (there was a issue when the original ones were released in that the voltage was not correctly set) yet it continues to happen. Yes I set the voltage to recommended in case my firmware fix did not work.

I have used TDR manipulator to increase timing on how long it takes for a TDR to fail... which after man tweaks either did nothing, or caused hard crashes requiring a reset.

I am always running Speed Fan to monitor system temperatures. Both cards never go above 71 degrees celsius. My CPU stays at a cool 35 degrees celsius.

I can run GTAV, Dishonored, Mad Max, Skyrim (heavily modded using Skyrim Total Enhancement Project), Thief, Shadow of Mordor and more with this system running with SLI with no crashes whatsoever.

When I do NOT run with SLI, Witcher 3 runs fine but low settings for pretty much everything :(

I don't know what else I can try to fix this issue.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on or help me to figure out what's going on with this setup.

Top Bottom