Small requests to increase immersion in the game...

+
Small requests to increase immersion in the game...

Ok first of all, some of the things I'm going to ask may be impossible, but for the educated out there, I'd like to know if they can be done. First, some mild UI changes, if the game wouldn't pop up messages on screen and messages about entering new areas... no text pop ups on screen. Anyway to do this? Also, to strip the strange fullscreen effect from cutscenes. Why can't the cutscenes look the same as in game graphics? There's that strange microscopic grid that is always noticeable on models, especially close up. Of course, these things are very picky, but if its possible, it would be great to rid the game of these small nuances. I feel like the developers overdid the feedback on screen, and I want to find a way to remove all the messages and names of NPCS and the circles around their feet. Less feedback=more immersion. If these things are possible or can be done... I'd like to know. And if I have to wait until the toolset then so be it :p

I think most of that could be done by just making apha textures of a lot of those interfaces.. but never tried.. As for the cutscenes Depth of Field effect is what killed my system and changed a lot of rendering.. Un check that and see if it fixes your cutscene effect.. with the effect on the background would get blurry but some of the textures would also caught up in the effect.. Found it better without it.. and it's a big performance hit for me.. even on a low polygon dog and the effect when visiting oldes dog the game would shutter and the cutscene would choke on it for some reason..

Top Bottom