So, are there some good reasons why would someone choose Radovid as the king of the North in TW3?

+
Isn't that scene something that is doubted by many if it is real, and not just a dream or have other explanation ?

Well it can be one of the two: Nimue's dream or the truth. But what's the point of writing one chapter in the end of the book that takes place more than 100 years after the story if it was just a dream? Sapkowski is known for being lazy, he wouldn't do that :p

Anyway, if you red a books than you know that Radovid V will calm down (or die) in about 4-years (witch hunts 1272-1274). About characters SMiki already said it, character plot immunity is strong with those ones.

I always assumed that he supported Witch Hunt as a part of the support for Church of Eternal Fire, because it was an essential part of his plan to defeat Nilfgaard. Once they run out of their purpose he will simply put them under his foot like everything else and then he will have no more reason to continue the Witch Hunt.

I did not tell it was not the way you said. Radovid is calculated so I believe very much he did it like you says. BTW: Really courious about fate of Order cause you know they are not totaly dead even if he disbanded them.

But if the goal is to beat Nilfgaard then why the heck do you want to get rid of a powerful tool. It is my understanding that the only reason Nilfgaard lost at Soden Hill was because of power the magic users brought to bear and at great cost to themselves. Nilfgaard will continue to use them, although very much under control, what is there to counter them with if you have allowed a bunch of fanatics to destroy or drive your own magic users to the other side? I doubt he was using them as a tool, I think he believed in what they were doing.

Last edited:
@SDZald If the Conclave and Council is recreated, he complains about how all of the mages who remained on his side are nothing special. The only powerful ones were involved in conspiracy responsible for assassinations of the northern monarchs and on the run. And it was basically the Nilfgaard plan, put the blame on mages to make people distrust them even more then before, thus making it unlikely for them to fight for the North again. In this case Radovid was willing to sacrifice them, because he saw no other way to get out of this desperate situation.

Well it can be one of the two: Nimue's dream or the truth. But what's the point of writing one chapter in the end of the book that takes place more than 100 years after the story if it was just a dream?

On the other hand, why change the fate of the protagonist such a long time after the previously last novel was released ? It almost feels like a decision influenced by the games. :p

and how about that:
[video]https://youtu.be/ERMhSYDxVD4?t=1m[/video]

Trolling his own business partners :D ?

Only now I realised that Michal Madej after 7 years working with other studios (Techland, Ubisoft) is back at CD Projekt RED - came in September last year.. cool :)

Top Bottom