So much for every one having the exact same game...

+
Really? Because of one piece of shit an R18+ rating was never implemented? Those old geezers with their old views don't belong in politics. Regarding what they have cut in Australian version, I will make sure to unlock it first before taking a huge crap onto Namco BAndai's face.

I don't see the problem....If you live in Australia and don't like a butchered version of the game, simply don't buy it from Namco Bandai. Even better, buy it from GoG.com. there you go, problem solved :)

abigailandtris said:
I don't see the problem....If you live in Australia and don't like a butchered version of the game, simply don't buy it from Namco Bandai. Even better, buy it from GoG.com. there you go, problem solved :)
abigailandtris said:
Has nothing to do with retail stores and everything to do with Australian law. The GOG digital version WILL be censored for Australian customers as well.source.
maybe not so simple.

abigailandtris said:
I ordered a physical copy of the premium edition from UK for half the price of Aussie stores.I will also cancel whatever preorders I had with Australia before.

the best it looks like we can hope for is that cdp atleast had the KINDNESS to make this a simple fix.. like a 'aussiecockblock - 1 value in the config that we can change to a 0 or something...'it just bothers me that cdp is staying silent on all this and just ignoring the problem - and thus ignoring the gamers from the affected regions.also the fact theyve broken two promises now on censorship gives me cause for concern.. i judge developers on their actions as much as their games, so lets see how cdp conduct themselves in this case...

klauke said:
the best it looks like we can hope for is that cdp atleast had the KINDNESS to make this a simple fix.. like a 'aussiecockblock - 1 value in the config that we can change to a 0 or something...'
they can't do that, that's the HotCoffee issue that Rockstar had in GTA:San Andreas: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Hot_Coffee_minigame_controversyCDP can't afford to have the game removed from store shelves for a bit that the users can have anyway, but not strictly as a quest reward.

thats not the case at all. the game passed the ratings board uncut in my country (new zealand), THATS the point.hot coffee modded version did not pass the ratings board in any country hence the problem.the game has NOT been censored in my country, so this simply can NOT be a legal problem because the UNCUT original copy that is being sold everywhere else IS allowed in my country.the issue is that because of our proximity, we are getting australian stock.please dont try to dismiss this as an invalid concern... we're being punished for australian decisions that SHOULD have only effected their own country... why wont you guys help us out?

klauke said:
why wont you guys help us out?
Who? CDP? How could they possibily go against the country laws?Anyway, remoind TW director's cut patch? It is possible there will be one for TW2 too.

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
why wont you guys help us out?
Who? CDP? How could they possibily go against the country laws?Anyway, remoind TW director's cut patch? It is possible there will be one for TW2 too.
PLEASE read whats being written. its NOT against OUR laws. I live in NEW ZEALAND, and WE are getting AUSTRALIAN stock because your distributor is refusing to see NZ and Australia as two separate countries and provide us with our own version, THAT is the only reason we are getting a censored release, NOT because of our laws.it has only been censored in australia, nowhere else - and we are being punished for this purely because of our proximity to the country - again, NOT because of our laws. we HAVE a ratings system that accommodates the games content, unlike australia.

to be honest im surprised that cdp doesnt care more.. its your game after all, not namcos - they dont care.its also funny that 'shouting' and 'raging' seems to be the only way to not be ignored and discarded by cdp.. quiet and calm comments seem to get nowhere with you guys.ultimately we cant stop namcos decision to censor the game.. you are the only ones who can do anything now.. you are... were.. our only hope.heh.. guess i thought cdp cared...

First of all: I'm not CDP LOL :D(but I'd like to be one of them, I admit)Second: shouting and raging mostly may lead to be warned by us-moderator or worse. What I'm trying to making you understand is that your frustration is understandable and thus should be rightly directed in the right direction (sorry for the round). It's the only way it could be effective. For example.... a petition may work.

Aver

Forum veteran
klauke said:
to be honest im surprised that cdp doesnt care more.. its your game after all, not namcos - they dont care.
There was no CDP reply yet as far as I know. Maybe they will resolve your problem, so please be patient.

@klaukeDoes NZ have a "Gametraders" or an equivalent that will import US or UK imports... given that a un-censored would be legal couldn't an independant chain like above import a un-censored version for you... heck with the value of the US v NZ $ it might even be cheaper...

LexxBomb said:
@klaukeDoes NZ have a "Gametraders" or an equivalent that will import US or UK imports... given that a un-censored would be legal couldn't an independant chain like above import a un-censored version for you... heck with the value of the US v NZ $ it might even be cheaper...
im hunting around trying to find out if i can source another copy - asking the retailer im buying from if their suppliers can find another source, or if they themselves can import. problem is that ive had the CE version preordered since november last year, and its pretty much sold out... i dont really want to give the set up, but it looks like i probably will have to.pity, because it was a rather nice set... such a shame to have this whole experience blemished by all this... quite depressing, god how i hate the concept of censorship in the media - even more so when its another seperate party that shouldnt even be able to influence or control our games!

I wouldn't give up the CE... heck all 200 in OZ have sold out and I'm 1 of the only probably 10/20 in SA who managed to scoop one up...The Best solution would be to Keep the Collectors and then order a PE Edition through Amazon if you wanted a physical copy and take the physical of the PE within the CE back to EB and get credit for something else... Or get a download copy from GoG if your into that sort of thing... Shame GoG won't send a physical copy to you... Telltale games does that for free when you order a season (you have to pay the postage and handling though).The Problem with this is it costs more money... Heck Ive already payed $180 for my CE in Australia and I'm hoping EB doesn't try and jack the price up...given I have already paid it off completely. There's an Idea for you guys at GoG, how about sending people to get a physical (no thills) copy of the games they buy if they are made by CDProjekt... might even take a load of the server farms.

New Zealand is also getting the censored version of the witcher 2. Even through GoG. This is despite having an R18 rating in this country. If you are /facepalming at how stupid this is then you are definitely not alone.

I'm one of the Aussies here and yes It's a bit sad but at least were GETTING the game hehe.If it was banned I truely will be mad.But I pre-ordered the retail version so I don't care about the GOG version since I wanted a hardcopy.Though I wouldn't mind a steam version aswell.From what they say it's lucky it's only a VERY minor change or removing the option for sex as a reward in one side quest or all side quests.If this is edited out does this mean that all sexual encounters are all edited out but the game is still rated as sex scenes even with the edit in place so does the Geralt and Trish bathing together picture sure looks like a main cutscene than a side quest.SO it seems there will be some sexy parts but maybe not as far as TW1 sex cards to say...maybe some partial nudity but that's maybe it.Speaking of which there wasn't really much of a sex scene in TW1 anyway, since it was the same scene played over again of Geralt embracing some woman and landing on the bed and then the sex card comes up to view.But that scene didn't really have any nudity as it was pretty tame really, but it was the card that showed the partial nudity.How TW2 is gonna be different to TW1...well I have to play the game and find out.Funny enough America had the censored version of TW1 but downloaded a patch that added the uncensored files to the game to make it uncensored but it was still legal for them to get it.If America can patch TW1, then Australia should be able to do it too with TW2 so it will be no different.If there was a uncensored patch and then it should be legal to get it if you own a 'registered copy' of the game that's registered under your 'proof of age'.Making any patches illegal to certain regions of the world would be crazy.Credit cards are another means of registering proof of age, so people buying games online with CC's and yet still get a censored version...which makes things a little crazy since we already have shown proof of age with the CC's but still our government wtill won't allow it R18 games into the country whether it's online or retail or importing. People think buying online will solve censorship issue but it doesn't...which makes this region locking crazy.They should make it so that anyone can get any copy from any region as long as they have proof of age...but because of licensing rules and censorship rules we get blocked.My only concern is getting the game into the country and still retains it's sexyness and original format.but I'm still happy once I get the game.

Top Bottom