So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
There bloomin' idiots this Sony, they literally cut off their Christmas profits by making accusations against a POLISH dev. hows that for being inclusive in the year 2020 Sony?

Guest 4421288

What is crazy is that there will be many people whom have or about to finish the game then get their refund.

Free rental.

As this Sony notice gives no conditions of refund i.e. By what date you must request refund, Number of hours played or finish main story etc

Like the headline says... its removed, I checked PS4 and PS5 and cant find it on the store. CD Project... you got some work to do.
good now all they have to do is remove it from the steam store till they put in all that removed content

I'm surprised Sony went this far and didn't give CDPR until the 1.05 patch to vindicate themselves. I'm not sure if it's a good more or not for Sony. Sony is giving up money they could be making to do this and possibly angering players that want to buy the game KNOWING the issues... or for PS5 where performance isn't an issue. It's almost like Sony is making a stand on principle here, which is a good look for them... or maybe the refund requests are overwhelming and they just want to wash their hands of it. I think they should have waited for the 1.05 regardless, which is supposed to land no later than Monday(??? said no more than 7 days on the 14th). Maybe it's just that bad over in console land.

You guys DO realize that Sony themselves playtested the whole game before giving the certification to sell it on PS4 right? It's part of the process of passing certification for being able to sell a game on a given console.

I've gone through the certification process before with Sony, and they don't do performance or gameplay testing. They mainly just run through a little bit of the game to make sure you're meeting the TRC requirements, which is just a checklist of little things that mostly ensure uniformity in how games behave and the wording/look of PS4 related items in the UI. For most games, it's literally just one person at Sony that loads up the game and ticks of a checklist before approving. I imagine they'd do a little more for a big AAA title, but I wouldn't expect any significant QA testing out of them.

PR stunt from sony, nothing more, pretty glad i ditched PlayStation tbh
:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm sure Sony & the PS investors are jumping with joy over the biggest game of the holiday season being pulled. A game that obviously shouldn't have been certified in the first place.

Last edited:
This is why this whole console perpetuation since the One and 4 were released is screwing with everything. It's like expecting Halo 5 to run on a 360. Could it do it? Sure but it will look like crap. I'm amazed this game even loads on the original one's and 4's after playing this game on my PC. Now excuse me but I need to play this beautiful game on my 3080.

1608301610097.png

You love to see it

There bloomin' idiots this Sony, they literally cut off their Christmas profits by making accusations against a POLISH dev. hows that for being inclusive in the year 2020 Sony?

They did this against a EUROPEAN DEVELOPER. If this was an AMerican AAA company they'd never do it. It's discrimination

You seem confused. CDPR is not the victim here.

The current situation has nothing to do with the nationality of the devs, and everything to do with their ability to deliver a product of acceptable quality. Sony hasn't accused anyone, instead CDPR came out first with a message apologizing for hiding the sorry state of the console versions from the press, and inviting people who weren't happy with the game to get a refund. It seems therefore rather reasonable for Sony not to be willing to sell a game that, according to its own developer/publisher's very public statement, is substandard.

So you see, there is no need to take out your Pitchfork of Victimization +3 just yet. Everything will be OK. Cyberpunk will be back on the Playstation Store in a couple of months. It probably still won't look very good, but it will play much better.

Hope this helps :)

The current situation has nothing to do with the nationality of the devs, and everything to do with their ability to deliver a product of acceptable quality. Sony hasn't accused anyone, instead CDPR came out first with a message apologizing for hiding the sorry state of the console versions from the press, and inviting people who weren't happy with the game to get a refund. It seems therefore rather reasonable for Sony not to be willing to sell a game that, according to its own developer/publisher's very public statement, is substandard.

So you see, there is no need to take out your Pitchfork of Victimization +3 just yet. Everything will be OK. Cyberpunk will be back on the Playstation Store in a couple of months. It probably still won't look very good, but it will play much better.

Nah, when Fallout 76 came out (American developer) and Bethesda apologised for how broken the game was Sony did no such thing.

Literally CDPR have one of the best games ever and because of a few bugs the industry has piled on to try to take them out of business and killing their holiday season earnings. It'd be sad if it wasn't pathetic.

Nah, when Fallout 76 came out (American developer) and Bethesda apologised for how broken the game was Sony did no such thing.

Literally CDPR have one of the best games ever and because of a few bugs the industry has piled on to try to take them out of business and killing their holiday season earnings. It'd be sad if it wasn't pathetic.

Bethesda didn't throw Sony under the bus by releasing a PR statement telling players to get a refund without even consulting Sony about it. They completely blindsided Sony with that. This is just a (well deserved) retaliation from Sony. Can't say I feel bad for CDPR in the slightest.
Post automatically merged:

Just a tip, or sugestion :) maybe change the title of this topic to 'Sony, after agreement with CD, removes ...'

That would be a lie. As far as we know there was no agreement with CDPR - and I won't believe it unless Sony says it themselves. CDPR have already established that we can't trust what they say.

I hope this help, Sony just/only start refund people after CD intervention. CD start before, its a responsabile company. Sony its not the Santa Claus...or something like this.

Bethesda didn't throw Sony under the bus by releasing a PR statement telling players to get a refund without even consulting Sony about it. They completely blindsided Sony with that. This is just a (well deserved) retaliation from Sony. Can't say I feel bad for CDPR in the slightest.

That would be a lie. As far as we know there was no agreement with CDPR - and I won't believe it unless Sony says it themselves. CDPR have already established that we can't trust what they say.

obs. nope, its the fact. Lie is say something diferent from the facts :) And your opinion about CD its a single point of view, live with this.

This its a new mission in game, a function? CD implement market in game? :) Why this thing - what say nothing - its normal in financial world, are doing in this community? Hummm -_-

I hope this help, Sony just/only start refund people after CD intervention. CD start before, its a responsabile company. Sony its not the Santa Claus...or something like this.

obs. nope, its the fact. Lie is say something diferent from the facts :) And your opinion about CD its a single point of view, live with this.

This its a new mission in game, a function? CD implement market in game? :) Why this thing - what say nothing - its normal in financial world, are doing in this community? Hummm -_-

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

OUCH !! I'm looking for the shocked face emoji, and can't find it.

This is not good for CDPR. The combination of Sony pulling the game from sale, plus offering straight up refunds, means (I think) that they're also seriously P.O.ed at CDPR. In one of management's discussions about the game (I think the one with the shareholders), management stated that MS and Sony pushed ahead with certification, and trusted them to clear up the problems with the console versions; and that they hadn't quite lived up to that trust.

But wow, I didn't expect this. Or did CDPR ask them to suspend sales of it? That would be even more interesting.

Whole thing is CDPRS doing. Sony doesn't have any rights to Cyberpunk except to sale. Licenses to use and sale Cyberpunk 2077 are with CDPR. CDPR has the right to alter or revoke the right to use/sale at any moment as the copyright holder.

I have the PS4 digital version and aside from the bugs, i was still having fun playing it. So, i was going to stick it out with CDPR because i have faith that they will fix the game. But because Sony removed it from their store, i no longer can re-download it if need be. So i just have to accept the refund and wait until sony adds it to their store again.

I have the PS4 digital version and aside from the bugs, i was still having fun playing it. So, i was going to stick it out with CDPR because i have faith that they will fix the game. But because Sony removed it from their store, i no longer can re-download it if need be. So i just have to accept the refund and wait until sony adds it to their store again.

Wait, looks like you still with full support about the game, you can re-danwload, no?

Are you sure? If it's like Xbox, once you have purchased it, you will have access to it and the ability to download it, even if it becomes unavailable for sale. I would have thought PS was the same.

Top Bottom