So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
That makes me laugh.
So, sony gets rid of Cbpunk. But other effed up games, like "Anthem" are allowed to stay? C'mon Sony?! How sucky can you get, lol.

I never came within 3 solar systems of Anthem because I could tell it would be horrible so I can't comment on the state of that game compared to CP2077 but I think what Sony did with CP2077 was the right thing. I don't give them much credit for it though because they did it way too late...still if something right is done, some credit is deserved. It's unfortunate that I have to give Sony any credit though because my opinion of them is far below what my opinion is of CDPR even now.

On this one, narrow point...

Console certification has nothing to do with a game's quality or non-quality. All certification is for Sony and Microsoft is a stipulation that a game will not break their hardware in some way and can therefore be allowed on their hardware.

It has nothing to do with actually reviewing the game.

In context of the game, the image of a small disk breaking everything in a room came to my head ... :D

On this one, narrow point...

Console certification has nothing to do with a game's quality or non-quality. All certification is for Sony and Microsoft is a stipulation that a game will not break their hardware in some way and can therefore be allowed on their hardware.

Never talked about reviews, the game crashes continuosly on PS5. I'm not sure at all this won't damage the console.
CDPR themselves say that Sony trusted their ability to fix the game before launch and they literally failed.

I hope to god not. I don't want Microsoft to buy them out. I don't trust that putting their games in GamePass will give then the budget they need for their games. They will recoup from this. Remember they already made the money back from the game just from the pre orders. This will hit them hard money wise. Not enough to destroy them just enough so they dont ever try to pull this disgusting behavior again.
Post automatically merged:

Most of us believe in the game. If you see past how broken the game is you can see its an amazing game. But thats not the point. This is the only way CDPR will understand. By trying to release this game on Christmas might have hurt them more financially than delaying it again.

I would also prefer that CDPR remain independent. I've said a few negative things about Sony and CDPR in my last few posts, so let me balance that out.

Microsoft has been consistently pretty bad as a game developer/publisher. A lot of their games get cancelled, or, even among their flagship franchises (Halo) are delayed a long time only to be meh in the end anyway.

Plus it wasn't THAT long ago when Microsoft could not give half a shit about gaming diversity and was all aboard the mass-market appeal, multiplayer, sports and shooters only are all that matter train.

I think they've made significant steps to course correct since the last console launch, but bad launch and all, I still would prefer CDPR retained their independence and worked to do their own course correction. I feel reasonably confident that after this PR disaster CDPR will not make the same mistake for at least the next decade or so.
Post automatically merged:

Never talked about reviews, the game crashes continuosly on PS5. I'm not sure at all this won't damage the console.
CDPR themselves say that Sony trusted their ability to fix the game before launch and they literally failed.

I am aware of that from their shareholder Q&A and it's a bit of dancing around on CDPR's part on this point. (I'm not sure the shareholders are aware of this distinction either.)

If the game's crashes DO end up damaging the consoles, then I would change my opinion to align with yours that Sony should never have certified the game because that's the only thing that is being claimed here.

Sony's certification process is saying is that, crashes and all, the game doesn't harm their hardware. I suspect (although nowhere sure on this point) that this process is intended to protect both sides.

Sony's certification process is protecting them from a nightmare scenario where millions of consoles suddenly break and they have all of their customers demanding refunds/repairs...

...and also to protect CDPR the other direction. "You certified this wouldn't harm your hardware. No take backs! You can't sue us for what your customers are asking for."

Basically, it's in both companies interest to test the new app before it goes onto the hardware. But it has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

Last edited:
the game should be criticized for its story and lack of vision not because of the bugs which is what is happening now, this detracts from that.

I found update on this matter:

UPDATE: The Board of CD Projekt has commented on Sony's decision to yank Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store, noting "[t]he decision was undertaken following our discussion with [Sony Interactive Entertainment] regarding a full refund for all gamers who had purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store and want a refund at this time."

"All copies of the game previously purchased digitally on PlayStation Store remain available for use by their respective buyers," confirmed CD Projekt in its statement. "Gamers can still buy physical versions of the game in retail and mail order stores."

CD Projekt also asserted that all digital and physical copies of Cyberpunk 2077 "will continue to receive support and updates."

So basically CP77 can actually damage consoles then.

So basically CP77 can actually damage consoles then.

According to Sony's certification process, the exact opposite. Sony has certified that the game, no matter how bad the bugs, performance, or crashes, does NOT harm the consoles. This is what they have stipulated before allowing the game on their platform.

If that ends up not being the case, then Sony's certification process is at fault. There is one thing, and one thing alone, that certification supposedly stipulates: "This game will not harm our hardware".

If that ends up being false, then both Sony and CDPR are pretty badly screwed from an image standpoint...but Sony moreso both from an image standpoint and a financial standpoint because it's their hardware and they ran the tests in the certification process.

NOT A LAWYER but guessing that if they certified the game not to break their hardware and it ends up....breaking their hardware...they would have an uphill climb to claim any sort of legal financial liability from CDPR. They'd likely have to prove that CDPR deliberately mislead them in some way that caused the certification process to break. Otherwise, they'd be left having to foot the bill to their console owners.

According to Sony's certification process, the exact opposite. Sony has certified that the game, no matter how bad the bugs, performance, or crashes, does NOT harm the consoles. This is what they have stipulated before allowing the game on their platform.
I figured that's why they remove it from store now.
Because CDPR promised to make sure the game will not damage hardware before the release, but failed.

Because CDPR promised to make sure the game will not damage hardware before the release, but failed.
Im guessing it has more to do with the amount of requests and so on about refunds. Sony generaly dont grant refunds easy so this is the easiest way i guess. also stops ppl buying it untill its fixed.

It's possible that the game damaged hardware during the certification process and that Sony just took CDPR at their word that they'd fix it before release...but I think that's highly unlikely.

Given the stakes involved (the possibility of bricked consoles), I would expect that if Sony found that happening, they'd notify CDPR, give them a chance to fix it, and then let them try the certification again because the game hadn't yet passed. Just taking a company at their word after they failed a certification and waving them through would be pretty shocking. It defeats the entire point of having a certification process to begin with.

Essentially, the certification process is Sony's homework to do. It would be big time corporate negligence to waive that step just because another company said "Hey, trust us!" regardless of the company's reputation.

It's possible that the game damaged hardware during the certification process and that Sony just took CDPR at their word that they'd fix it before release...but I think that's highly unlikely.

Given the stakes involved (the possibility of bricked consoles), I would expect that if Sony found that happening, they'd notify CDPR, give them a chance to fix it, and then let them try the certification again because the game hadn't yet passed. Just taking a company at their word after they failed a certification and waving them through would be pretty shocking. It defeats the entire point of having a certification process to begin with.

Essentially, the certification process is Sony's homework to do. It would be big time corporate negligence to waive that step just because another company said "Hey, trust us!" regardless of the company's reputation.
Kinda think we would have heard about that happening. But its not impossible...

Maybe CDPR strategy will be ... a very very biiig "sowwy, we gotta fix that for ya we censor the shit out of it eveb further so my frueeend Sony will not be angry on us, see ya later dear sheeps"

While the removal of Cyberpunk from the Playstation store may sound drastic at first, I think the main reason is that Sony didn't want to change their refund policy so they decided to remove it from the store to find some sort of loophole to allow refunds because the game isn't officially digital available anymore.

Not sure if I'm just lucky but I only had 3 crashes on the base PS4 so far (2 of them before Patch 1.4) so aside from the bad open world graphics quality and some slowdowns I didn't had much problems.

Sony goes the extra mile to not have to refund. Its in their DNA. I have several hundred of games to my PS4s mostly AAA
and i have NEVER ever manage to get a refund.

Couple this with the lacking feature of "Family share" We as consumers should not have to rebuy several games in a family just to play them. Apple showed the way. Sony have a thing or two to learn.
Not everything is about money.

Not to mention PS+ and Xlive. Its a joke. Multiplayer SHOULD be free! Look at PC
Talk about being backwards.

And if you pay $70 for a game heck yeah Multiplayer should come free!

Whoa, guess CDPR shouldn't have rushed the game out before Xmas on console knowing fully well the game wasn't ready.

Last edited:
Top Bottom