So Sony Removed Cyberpunk2077 from the PSN Store

+
Please remember these are exclusives being funded by Sony to work on consoles. Cyberpunk was the other way around, it was developed for PC first and then Console. It's not fair to compare the release of Cyberpunk to those games and use that argument.
The game doesnt even run well on PC tho! Unless you got a beefy rig the game is still not optimized properly. I have a VEGA64 with Ryzen 7 2700x and the game still crashes and even on Medium settings it runs at 45 fps lol BTW waiting on my refund from GOG for 3 days now

You really think Ps5 can handle Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us 2 (Horrible game, pretty but horrible) at 60 fps but cant handle Cyberpunk2077? My ps5 runs it at 60 fps even tho its not a ps5 game but a backwards combability feature, the game on disk is for ps4
Both of those were made exclusively for consoles FIRST and their limitations are laid out for all to see. Last of Us 2 for example is nothing more than an interactive movie.

The game doesnt even run well on PC tho! Unless you got a beefy rig the game is still not optimized properly. I have a VEGA64 with Ryzen 7 2700x and the game still crashes and even on Medium settings it runs at 45 fps lol BTW waiting on my refund from GOG for 3 days now

Run very well here. :) AMD have some insues, RTX too, but all fixable. So... is it :) Here the game run very smoth.

- in your opinion and, again, you talk only for you here.

To be fair, you could say that about nearly any post here. ^^

Agreed on CDPR needing to reach as wide a customer base as possible and that exclusion is stupid though. Would’ve loved to have console players last and next gen join us.

Yeah, all the more reason for me to think we won’t see CP77 returning to last gen consoles neither.
I'm personally not bothered since I'm a PC player. Means less work for the devs. That being said, I do feel for console players, but I don't think they will just pull the game off from last gen alltogether. Wouldn't make sense at this point.

Just saw this on IGN. Sony is now offering refunds officially for it, so this sounds like they did it to offer those refunds. Don't want more people buying it and getting mad just to refund it later. Best to just cut it off at the head.

Hopefully the console versions get fixed....playing on PC, maxed out, with 60fps....the game is amazing. Literally one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Seriously, driving a Kusanagi at 180mph through the city....is....damn fun. It feels like playing Akira....and that's something I've dreamed about since I was like 12.

The way it was released for last gen consoles though, is pretty inexcusable. No one should be charged 60 bucks to play through a slide show.
Your pc cannot maintain 60 fps.

Just saw this on IGN. Sony is now offering refunds officially for it, so this sounds like they did it to offer those refunds. Don't want more people buying it and getting mad just to refund it later. Best to just cut it off at the head.

Hopefully the console versions get fixed....playing on PC, maxed out, with 60fps....the game is amazing. Literally one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Seriously, driving a Kusanagi at 180mph through the city....is....damn fun. It feels like playing Akira....and that's something I've dreamed about since I was like 12.

The way it was released for last gen consoles though, is pretty inexcusable. No one should be charged 60 bucks to play through a slide show.
There are plenty of problems on the pc version as well that need fixing

To be fair, you could say that about nearly any post here. ^^

Agreed on CDPR needing to reach as wide a customer base as possible and that exclusion is stupid though. Would’ve loved to have console players last and next gen join us.

To be fair, everyone speaks for themselves and that doesn't guarantee 'reasons', even in the midst of majorities. If the opposite were true, crowds would turn terrible things into 'reasons'. It happens sometimes. They are not always right about something ...

Although there is general agreement about the possibility of improving the game and this is the interest (or should be) of those who participate in this forum and not simply do hate spam in order to denigrate a good game and those who worked on it in a situation adverse to ours.
Post automatically merged:

I can easly and with a i5, GTX 970.

I'm personally not bothered since I'm a PC player. Means less work for the devs. That being said, I do feel for console players, but I don't think they will just pull the game off from last gen alltogether. Wouldn't make sense at this point.

I just finished reading this digital foundry articles and the challenges seem vast for the base PS4 and xbone one. They’ll need to figure out a way to double frame rate in places. I honestly think it’ll be too big a challenge, though you’ll find me completely agreeing that it sucks console players have and possibly will get excluded this way if my hunch is right.

Although there is general agreement about the possibility of improving the game and this is the interest (or should be) of those who participate in this forum and not simply do hate spam in order to denigrate a good game and those who worked on it in a situation adverse to ours.

We are here criticizing it because we want to see it improve. None of us -want- to hate it or refund something we'd been looking forward to for years. We simply point out things we want improved, in hopes that someone out there is reading it and will take these notes. If not CDPR, maybe some future game developers who just happen to come across it.

Ouch. Did Sony make a statement?
It's Sony and with everything Sony has done to its users. Nickel and diming people for everything, major system crashes, and lackluster support. Sony has no credit or integrity as far as I'm concerned. Sony totally screwed people on PSVR, Backwards compatibility and many other things.

CD Projekt Red to me is one of the last few remaining top tier developers who try to do always do right by their fans.

It probably has more to do with the fact that their customer service and refund policies are a complete joke, rather than Cyberpunk being "too broken to play".

Sony promised refunds but then found out players weren't getting them because their own customer service reps are inept. To deal with the fiasco, they had to remove the game and make sure refunds were dealt with. They don't want more people buying the game before Christmas because they'd have to issue more refunds based on their promise, and the way their returns policies are written makes it a nightmare.

I'm playing on ps4 and enjoying the game despite it being poorly optimized. It will probably (mostly) be fixed by March. It's a shame that many people will likely miss out on Cyberpunk as a Christmas gift due to Sony's internal issues and inability to deal with such a problem.

Refund processing should be a simple affair, but big business makes it so convoluted even they have trouble sifting through their own trash.

I put this one on Sony. They're just using the outrage over the state of the game to point the finger at CDPR while they fix their own mess.

It is not surprising that an advertised next gen experience, I mean honestly the graphics are down right gorgeous. Is running poorly on old technology. Why not upgrade to anything that offers DLSS 2.0, it will be the way forward with PC gaming and they will keep upgrading it. And this is not just a post saying get a high end graphics card, but you should upgrade at this point if you want to be playing AAA games that push the next gen experience instead of just saying its an unoptimized mess.

There are plenty of problems on the pc version as well that need fixing

Well aware. I've had a ton of bugs. Still love the game.

Oh? I have an i9, 2080TI, 64gbs of RAM, and an SSD. Also changed some of the config files to allow more RAM usage and VRAM usage.

I have RTX medium, Ultra settings, 1440p....and yeah, I'm getting 60fps.

I just finished reading this digital foundry articles and the challenges seem vast for the base PS4 and xbone one. They’ll need to figure out a way to double frame rate in places. I honestly think it’ll be too big a challenge, though you’ll find me completely agreeing that it sucks console players get excluded this way.

I think this is kind of unrealistic and unfair to expect this to run the way people are expecting this to run on 13 yr old consoles.

Top Bottom