So the Dev leak info is debunked

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not asking for it to be wholly true just some part of it maybe but sadly its not, on the previous night city wire episodes they really keep saying the underground city under nightcity yet there is none, how your choices really impact how the story goes in the game and they made a whole trailer about the gangs/faction and shit as if gangs/faction really matter ingame, I could kill so many valentinos, maelstrom, wraiths, etc and it doesnt do shit or pose any consequence to your story.
I've just been killing everyone i meet, free xp... Its fucking sad, but you can basicly just write all the Night Wires off, as media bullshit. At least i have not found any of them to be much more than that.

My advice is to just kill everyone, so you lvl up faster, get realy OP realy fast, and then just rush trough the game and dont touch it again. Unless by some miracle CDPR manages to unfuck this travesty of a game. I can litteraly not fathom that this is the same company that gave ut The Witcher.

Regardless of what was "leaked" or "debunked", I want what this game was "inferred" to be when I purchased it.

Why?

Because THEY inferred it. I didn't make the inference up. They FED it to me with very little to no specificity. It's misleading about what the product actually is. They didn't "infer" that I was buying "an action adventure game". They quite LITERALLY told me I was buying "an open world RPG" for EIGHT YEARS. And no last minute bait and switch tag swap to action adventure two weeks before launch can EVER justify that.
They changed the description during E3 2019, that's June 2019.

If you're gonna be mad about it at least be mad factually.

Exactly. It's called "inference".

You see it as "they didn't specifically say that, so it's not what is inferred to me".
I see it as "that's what it infers to me".

Either makes neither of us right or wrong. But it IS the very source of confusion.
Don’t get me wrong I’m equally annoyed at the current state of the game and the way CDPR misled and IMO mis-sold the players.

and very frustrated by the lack of comms and transparency from CDPR

Quite the strawman you're building there.

Not the point of my comment at all. Point is, since you seem intent on missing it, that CDPR does not have half of EA's decades of anti-consumers tactics and to assume they suddenly will renounce a decade of goodwill and pro-consumers tactics because of CP2077's fuckup is pure speculation.

Since you brought up Bethesda, want to think back on their own anti-consumers tactics? Remember horse armor DLC? Or, in more recent memory, their attempt at monetizing mods?

I have yet to see anyone say everyone got their refunds. I have no idea why you're bringing that up. CDPR themselves have acknowledged they have backlog to catch up with.

Not putting CDPR on a pedestal but comparing their one fuckup to decades of fuckups and anti-consumers policies from EA is just plain ridiculous.

This is not the first fuckup. Going back in time, every CDPR release has always been a mess, this is just a bigger fuckup. "Every game is buggy at release" is not an excuse and it's certainly not the norm. I really don't know why they are that overhyped/protected when TW3 still has bugs that were present at the release ( they released what, 65 patch ? )
Their marketing was/is top notch though, NVIDIA and whatever backed them up must be really happy at the moment.

During Night City wires, promitional materials and even on their own GOG website they called it an RPG.

A next Gen RPG that would wow us.

It did not wow. This was downgrade from W3, nothing achieved here could be at all be considered innovative or next gen.

The key take away is CDPR did what even EA did not dare to do.

Oh right, because Anthem was just such a miracle of transparency.

You want to know what EA does better? They don't say shit. They keep their hype train to a minimum. CP2077 was so hyped it was almost meant to be a disappointment. It's in part why I never want to see Half-Life 3, it'll never live up to the hype.

Investors weren't pushing them, they had plenty of money, they chose their own release dates.

Now you're just assuming things. Furthermore, there is no doubt that investors were applying pressure. Investors almost always apply pressure.

Literally what could have caused them to screw up this bad?

Mismanagement? Miscommunication? COVID-19? Investors? John Smith? Santa Claus? A mix of all of these?

There is no clear answer. Only CDPR knows where they went wrong. There is no use in speculating.

This is not the first fuckup. Going back in time, every CDPR release has always been a mess, this is just a bigger fuckup. "Every game is buggy at release" is not an excuse and it's certainly not the norm. I really don't know why they are that overhyped/protected when TW3 still has bugs that were present at the release ( they released what, 65 patch ? )
Their marketing was/is top notch though, NVIDIA and whatever backed them up must be really happy at the moment.

No, this is their first fuckup. All their other games were buggy at launch, yes, that's a fact, but they were all playable from beginning to end and features complete. A buggy launch (depending on how buggy were talking about) isn't a fuckup. CP's launch was a fuckup.

Furthermore, they also spent years of development and support to bring each of their games to a better state. Something very few studios can brag about.

It's not about protecting them, it's about looking objectively at the situation. Not letting emotions, positive or negative, cloud your judgement. They objectively fucked up once, after a decade of being decent, and are immediately thrown into the same basket as EA which earned that reputation after decades of not giving a crap about consumers.

Yes, they're still a company and "not our friend", very few deny that, but that comparison is just wrong. It's typical gamer behavior but it's still wrong.

They changed the description during E3 2019, that's June 2019.

If you're gonna be mad about it at least be mad factually.

Here is another Fact for you. When this happened people asked about the forum Vattier told us that the game was an RPG to don't worry.

Playable at launch till the end? TW1 and even TW3 had gamebreaking bugs that could stop the player from continuining the game ( main mission ).
Also, are you implying that other studios do not support their own games, nor they release patches to improve them? Seriously? It's like CDPR is doing things no other company does and that's simply not true.

Playable at launch till the end? TW1 and even TW3 had gamebreaking bugs that could stop the player from continuining the game ( main mission ).
Also, are you implying that other studios do not support their own games, nor they release patches to improve them? Seriously? It's like CDPR is doing things no other company does and that's simply not true.

Cd projekt did a thing that is beyond a buggy release of stort. The blunt lies of the marketing caused people to buy a game that was vastly different of what was advertised.

Lies have not excuses.

ANd yet they were still claiming it as an RPG first and FOremost AFTER they changed the tag on twitter. So yes. They kept going on with lies.

Cd projekt did a thing that is beyond a buggy release of stort. The blunt lies of the marketing caused people to buy a game that was vastly different of what was advertised.

Lies have not excuses.

ANd yet they were still claiming it as an RPG first and FOremost AFTER they changed the tag on twitter. So yes. They kept going on with lies.

Why did you quote me? Wrong person mate ahah

It's definitely not an RPG, anyone who says otherwise doesn't know an actual RPG is

If dialogue choices actually mattered in the quest outcome as well as the game ending it would have been an RPG even if everything around it is subpar.

But right now its like a Naughtydog game with little variation in the story except this time there is no great acting and cinematics to carry it.
Post automatically merged:

Enlighten to me what an RPG is then.
Englighten us by telling us what makes this game an RPG.
Don't dodge the question

It is an RPG, but claiming CDPR changed the description 2 weeks before launch is a straight up lie.
It's an RPG the same way Super Mario is. As in, it's not an RPG at all. If you're going to argue that having a "skill tree" makes it an RPG then have fun trying to role-play in Borderlands.

This game is not an RPG, but go to GOG and it's still listed as one. "Dive into an open-world RPG and explore a futuristic city where anything goes." is the first game feature on the store. Yeah, not really. And they know it. And anyone who has ever done role-playing knows it.

Only way to classify this game as an RPG is if you're literally willing to call PacMan an RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom