Some School of the Roach features

+
Some School of the Roach features

We'll be going into open beta soon(ish).

In this video, you can see some of the features (there are many, many more that aren't in this video) of the mod we, the School of the Roach, are making.

In this video, the following features are shown:
-Raven Armor
-Some menus (WIP)
-One of the 10 new skills:
Rage blast:
When at full adrenaline points, using alternate aard mode freezes enemies and slows down time when casting. Consumes 3 adrenaline points.

Very impressive ! Can't wait for the open beta. :)
Thank you so much for all you do for the Witcher community.
Carry on like that guys !

:geraltfeelgood:

Nice armor Holgar82 ! Looks great.

Last edited:
And here just a random screenshot of 1 of the 21 TW2 Armors :)

Cannot wait!
Two questions:
1) Will any core functions require a new start of the game?
2) Did you rebalance the economy? (less coin, less loot in general, especially alcohol and food)

Cannot wait!
Two questions:
1) Will any core functions require a new start of the game?
2) Did you rebalance the economy? (less coin, less loot in general, especially alcohol and food)

1) You'll probably want to start a new game - but don't worry, there is so much cool new stuff to check out that you'll be having fun with it all over again.
2) Of course we did. :)

1) You'll probably want to start a new game - but don't worry, there is so much cool new stuff to check out that you'll be having fun with it all over again.

1) Actually, you don't have to start a new game. We (Thibaudv) wrote a script that allow you to "refresh" your skill tree.
2) Did we? 0,0

1) Oh, I have no worries. I wanted to start a new playthrough anyway just didn't know if I should wait for your mod:)
2) If it's not a secret could you maybe write a bit more about the philosophy behind the changes to the economy? Are you trying to make the game closer to the books?
I really like to immerse myself to get the true "witcher feeling". For example I'm using the Basic needs mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/783/?), so Geralt get's hungry, thirsty and tired. It's really great because this way food and drink actually have a purpose. Problem is that there is just too much of it (same applies to alcohol which let's us meditate after each fight) The necessity to buy food and drink would also solve the problem of Geralt getting rich,which is completely unrealsitic and kills all motivation to do contracts at some point.
Another thing I don't like about the economy is the way Geralt earns his coin.
Books Geralt get's all the coin he needs for living from monster contracts, while in the games the contract money is so low in comparison to selling stuff we looted or stole from other people,that it's not even woth to bargain. I really hope you changed the ratio and reduced loot in general, but I guess I'll have to wait:)
My dream mod would be actually that I have to spend all my hard-earned coin on food, drink, shelter, alchemy and new gear, just like books Geralt. I'm really waiting for someone to create a mod that includes a Witcher 1 style dialogue to inkeepers, so we can overnight in inns and have to pay for it.
Sorry for derailing a bit and I realize that these are very specific wishes, but maybe it will give you some ideas you may consider to introduce in future updates.

Well, we increased crafting costs by a lot, and we made it so that you'll want to craft as many armors as possible, so in that regard, you'll probably always be poor :p

Well, we increased crafting costs by a lot, and we made it so that you'll want to craft as many armors as possible, so in that regard, you'll probably always be poor :p
That's great to hear, I never really liked when by mid game you were basically swimming in gold.

1) Oh, I have no worries. I wanted to start a new playthrough anyway just didn't know if I should wait for your mod:)
2) If it's not a secret could you maybe write a bit more about the philosophy behind the changes to the economy? Are you trying to make the game closer to the books?
I really like to immerse myself to get the true "witcher feeling". For example I'm using the Basic needs mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/783/?), so Geralt get's hungry, thirsty and tired. It's really great because this way food and drink actually have a purpose. Problem is that there is just too much of it (same applies to alcohol which let's us meditate after each fight) The necessity to buy food and drink would also solve the problem of Geralt getting rich,which is completely unrealsitic and kills all motivation to do contracts at some point.
Books Geralt get's all the coin he needs for living from monster contracts, while in the games the contract money is so low in comparison to selling stuff we looted or stole from other people,that it's not even woth to bargain. I really hope you changed the ratio and reduced loot in general, but I guess I'll have to wait:)
My dream mod would be actually that I have to spend all my hard-earned coin on food, drink, shelter, alchemy and new gear, just like books Geralt. I'm really waiting for someone to create a mod that includes a Witcher 1 style dialogue to inkeepers, so we can overnight in inns and have to pay for it.
Sorry for derailing a bit and I realize that these are very specific wishes, but maybe it will give you some ideas you may consider to introduce in future updates.

waiting for this you may want to try preparation mod http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/750/?, which forces you to refill each stuff with the basic ingredients, normal potion with dwarven spirit, enhanced with alchoest and superior with white gull etc,
it really balance as it's becoming harder to finance all the white gull bear fat (for enhanced oil), you have to plan ahead before parting for a long journey...

Really hope SOTR will have some very immersive mecanics like that, :)

Holy shit, this looks amazing. This definitely has the potential to be the best mod for TW3. Can't wait to see it in action and the raven armor looks incredible.

waiting for this you may want to try preparation mod http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/750/?, which forces you to refill each stuff with the basic ingredients, normal potion with dwarven spirit, enhanced with alchoest and superior with white gull etc,
it really balance as it's becoming harder to finance all the white gull bear fat (for enhanced oil), you have to plan ahead before parting for a long journey...

Really hope SOTR will have some very immersive mecanics like that, :)

Preparations mod is included with item dillutions, potion/bomb/decoction overhaul and some more changes.

Try this.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...age=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=3173829&pUp=1

There are various things that will make sure Geralt is normally broke, buying his things he needs after making his gold in whatever town he's in. Thibaud and Mordek named a few. Another very important part of that is our encumbrance system, which will not allow you to walk around collecting swords and armor and put it all in a magical bag and go sell it. Roach has saddlebags - you'll need to use them. :)

There are various things that will make sure Geralt is normally broke, buying his things he needs after making his gold in whatever town he's in. Thibaud and Mordek named a few. Another very important part of that is our encumbrance system, which will not allow you to walk around collecting swords and armor and put it all in a magical bag and go sell it. Roach has saddlebags - you'll need to use them. :)
Nice!
Emcombrance was nerfed by a patche, making the introduction of the stashes kinda useless, i tweaked the inventorycomponent.ws to retore the weight, and i'm using stash extented to store the rare materials i cannot carry.
Will it be possible to add more locked stashes (with tabs?), accessible once a quest in that area has been complete for example (earn the trust and friendship of the person guarding the stash), in oxenfurt, the mill near the enchanter, some skellige isles?

Top Bottom