Something needs to be done in regards to bribery

+
Anyone notice any difference with Bribery after it was supposedly fixed to include ALL card copies instead of each unique card copy?
Yes I did, it can give them bronzes aswell, actually I saw more bronze bribery lately, than gold ones, but I still don't think it's good, cus Bribery can now give you terrible cards, RNG is increased with this change, you might get high prov cards, or 4-5 bronzes, since this is the bribery thread, my idea is to make Bribery to create from a rarity of cards, in this case, Epic cards, or Epic and rare cards, then it would play for its value or a bit more or less, with little RNG.

with little RNG.

The RNG engine in Gwent seems to be defect anyways. Across the board quite evidentily randomness is not random but follows some predictable patterns or some kind of programmed behavior as oppose to a successfull randomness function (difficult but possible).

I've noticed less highrolling with bribery as well, in seeing more bronze draws, at least that is my perception. But then again I had someone draw Dandelion the last time I saw bribery, which is a 3/25 chance or about 1/8.

I've seen less bribery and Skellen though, which is a good sign that this RNG "combo" is less efficient.

The RNG engine in Gwent seems to be defect anyways. Across the board quite evidentily randomness is not random but follows some predictable patterns or some kind of programmed behavior as oppose to a successfull randomness function (difficult but possible).

I've noticed less highrolling with bribery as well, in seeing more bronze draws, at least that is my perception. But then again I had someone draw Dandelion the last time I saw bribery, which is a 3/25 chance or about 1/8.

I've seen less bribery and Skellen though, which is a good sign that this RNG "combo" is less efficient.
Well we don't want something nerfed to the point of being weak, Nerf should balance the card, not make it weak, and I prefer Imperial Formation Steffan And Damien NG over any other NG decks, in fact it's not bad to play against, quite fun and balanced specially with row locked Damien and Steffan, it's only frustrating if Bribery gets a 11-13 prov card, and if it gets a bronze, it's frustrating for the NG player, that's why limiting the pool of Create cards in general would make things better, in my last game, bribery gave him Hammond, which is the type of Cards in term of powerspike you want Bribery to create, he basically moved my Greatsword which was good and decent, even though he lost the game in the end. match went fairly balanced. But if he was to get Morkvag, or a Weak bronze, it would be imbalanced.

Well we don't want something nerfed to the point of being weak, Nerf should balance the card, not make it weak

Well yeah, agreed. But from what I've seen, that is what they actually did. They fixed a "bug" in how bribery worked and made its RNG "OP". They said it only drew from every unique card in the deck, which would increase the chance of finding a gold card, and even a high provision one.

With the change they say bribery accounts for every single card in the deck, including copies. I think this change is entirely justified. It was bugged behaviour which made the bribery too strong in the first place, and created all the bribery abuse.
Post automatically merged:

I always had shitty luck with it so no recent changes...

Well, bribery is not included in the official patchnotes, so.. Well.. There were just rumours about it being fixed.

Well yeah, agreed. But from what I've seen, that is what they actually did. They fixed a "bug" in how bribery worked and made its RNG "OP". They said it only drew from every unique card in the deck, which would increase the chance of finding a gold card, and even a high provision one.

With the change they say bribery accounts for every single card in the deck, including copies. I think this change is entirely justified. It was bugged behaviour which made the bribery too strong in the first place, and created all the bribery abuse.
Post automatically merged:

Well, bribery is not included in the official patchnotes, so.. Well.. There were just rumours about it being fixed.
Agreed, it needed a fix, but it needs to change further in order to be balanced, Bribery is still an imbalanced card, if you are lucky, and it gets High prov cards, it's most likely a win, if it gets weak bronzes, it's most likely a loss, still too much RNG. It can be done in many ways, such as giving it a Prov Range, From 6-9 for example, or make it target a certain rarity of cards, same needs to be done with any other Create Card, in order to make them decent, balanced, reliable cards.

Agreed, it needed a fix, but it needs to change further in order to be balanced, Bribery is still an imbalanced card, if you are lucky, and it gets High prov cards, it's most likely a win, if it gets weak bronzes, it's most likely a loss, still too much RNG. It can be done in many ways, such as giving it a Prov Range, From 6-9 for example, or make it target a certain rarity of cards, same needs to be done with any other Create Card, in order to make them decent, balanced, reliable cards.

Let's discount Skellen. If you just play bribery, you think it's OP RNG? I don't really, not if it works as it should (the fix). 6-9 provision range would make it unplayable.

As it's own card, as it is now, accounting for all cards in opponent deck, there is a 30% chance of getting an above average gold card, and maybe 40-50% chance of getting a gold card at all. On average, with the fix, bribery is probably an 8 provision card draw on average, for 8 provisions. You also have to take into account, the opponent card you draw might just be a brick in your situation/deck due to faction synergy or whatever.

Let's discount Skellen. If you just play bribery, you think it's OP RNG? I don't really, not if it works as it should (the fix). 6-9 provision range would make it unplayable.

As it's own card, as it is now, accounting for all cards in opponent deck, there is a 30% chance of getting an above average gold card, and maybe 40-50% chance of getting a gold card at all. On average, with the fix, bribery is probably an 8 provision card draw on average, for 8 provisions. You also have to take into account, the opponent card you draw might just be a brick in your situation/deck due to faction synergy or whatever.
I didn't say it's OP at all, I said it's still too much RNG, that needs to be fixed further, as I said, I saw more bronze Bribery lately than gold. But the highrolls, usually end up in a win, and on the other side, lowrolls(?) Usually end up in a loss, this isn't a good thing either way. And why giving it prov range make it unplayable? I vote on card Rarity, *Create and play an epic card from your Opponent's starting deck*, if that's too powerful, you can add rare cards aswell, also making it's pool limited, is both a Nerf and buff, it takes away op highrolls, aswell as weak ones, making the card better, balanced and more reliable.

I didn't say it's OP at all, I said it's still too much RNG, that needs to be fixed further, as I said, I saw more bronze Bribery lately than gold. But the highrolls, usually end up in a win, and on the other side, lowrolls(?) Usually end up in a loss, this isn't a good thing either way. And why giving it prov range make it unplayable? I vote on card Rarity, *Create and play an epic card from your Opponent's starting deck*, if that's too powerful, you can add rare cards aswell, also making it's pool limited, is both a Nerf and buff, it takes away op highrolls, aswell as weak ones, making the card better, balanced and more reliable.

Well, I actually think it is ok as it is now. Some RNG and variance is good for the game.

Well, I actually think it is ok as it is now. Some RNG and variance is good for the game.
Sure, but as I said, it would still have RNG, but less, currently it's too much, the powerspike difference is too big.

Guest 4375874

It's far from ok. I can't speak for anyone else but I've never played an opponent who used Bribery and didn't roll a unique gold card. Never seen anyone pull a bronze unit and I've been playing for a while, the latest patch didn't change that. The card is broken

It's far from ok. I can't speak for anyone else but I've never played an opponent who used Bribery and didn't roll a unique gold card. Never seen anyone pull a bronze unit and I've been playing for a while, the latest patch didn't change that. The card is broken

Well, if they did fix it, and depending on the opponents deck, there should be about a 40-50% chance of getiting 1 or more gold cards among the 3 cards you can choose from.

You realize that's the only way Bribery has any worth? If it discovered bronzes more often than it does now, nobody would play it.

Guest 4375874

You realize that's the only way Bribery has any worth? If it discovered bronzes more often than it does now, nobody would play it.
that's not balanced if you get what you want every time you use the card, if that's how it should work then the provision should be a lot higher because NG allows them to play it multiple times. Perhaps if it was actually random or once they draw a card it's removed from the pool because I've had an opponent play the card 3 times and they got the same Gold card, and it has happened to me several times.

that's not balanced if you get what you want every time you use the card, if that's how it should work then the provision should be a lot higher because NG allows them to play it multiple times. Perhaps if it was actually random or once they draw a card it's removed from the pool because I've had an opponent play the card 3 times and they got the same Gold card, and it has happened to me several times.
You must play a lot then... I get a good golden card occasionally but there have been multiple situations where the best choice was Nekkers... Obviously the card is balanced since the devs who have all the data are not nerfing it. But giving the card "doomed" tag could be a way to make everyone happier.

This quote is too funny.
Actually just because it's too easy and popular to hate on Bribery it doesn't make it unbalanced... I've had shitty Briberies and I've faced opponents with shitty Briberies, but people love to focus on the negative experience, this is well explained in psychology (negativity bias). We all need a bit of intellectual humility and to just acknowledge that people who do this for a living and also have all the stats meaning insight of provisional payoff ultimately know better than how we feel.

Actually just because it's too easy and popular to hate on Bribery it doesn't make it unbalanced... I've had shitty Briberies and I've faced opponents with shitty Briberies, but people love to focus on the negative experience, this is well explained in psychology (negativity bias). We all need a bit of intellectual humility and to just acknowledge that people who do this for a living and also have all the stats meaning insight of provisional payoff ultimately know better than how we feel.
As we talked above the card is imbalanced, but not OP, it's imbalanced because it has huge amount of RNG, it either screws the NG players, or the opponent, there is a chance that it gets a proper balanced card and plays for it's provision or a bit more, that's why limiting it's pool is good, it's both a buff and Nerf, balance.

rrc

Forum veteran
BTW, Bribery fix was only discussed. Salma said they were thinking about it. I don't think anything changed in how Bribery works (counting duplicate bronzes - I don't think it is implemented). I don't remember seeing it in any patch notes. If someone knows for sure that it was implemented, I would be interested to see where this information was acquired.

Top Bottom