Sooo..the new Aliens Game

+
game is horrible, and i knew it. Glad I didn't get it, I knew it was going to be bad. And I feel bad for those who got it...

AND he's wrong about no one liking being called a liar. I like it. Gives me a thrill. "You murdered the Truth!" "Ohhh..say it again, baby."

I pre-ordered this (sadly). Nostalgia got the better of me. Should of been more cautious even though I knew there was an embargo on reviews until release day.

Luckily though it arrived in the post two days late so I could read the horrible reviews. Its still in its packaging ready for me to get a refund this afternoon.

I've now played through it.
Took me 7 hours.

It's not that bad, but there's no f-ing way I'll consider it canon.
This is glorified fanfiction.

Time to write a review of it~

ADD: Done!
Enjoy reading it here.

The guy that worked as a tester on the game shares the truth so...among other things :
-Gearbox didn't care but did most of the game themselves
-Sega has received the game for the first time in the middle of 2012
-Gearbox used Sega's money to fund Borderlands
-WiiU version is even worse and have atrocius minigames like marking aliens on the scanner to deal more damage and managing heat when you open the doors. Sega thinks about cancelling it but for now development goes on.
-The game had much more sequences and cutscenes which were dropped later. You could actually explore Sulaco in the opening section.
-The game had squad management. One of the squads would turn on you later in the game
-Sega believed that they were getting Borderlands in Alien universe. There is a potential of the lawsuit.
-The original plot still sucked but was much better
-The new Alien game from Creative Assemble looks very good, slow-paced and has awesome graphics.
The imgur was used before all of his statements were deleted,and the dude was verified as legit by the mods on reddit.

I wonder if Gearbox gets sued by Sega for this. If they actually did take the money that was intended and given to them by Sega for ACM and used it on Borderlands, that's a breach of contract.

Well, I think we all agree to say R.I.P to that game

A pity because Alien deserves a better game than that.

From what I heard, Creative Assembly is now making their own Aliens game. That's just rumour/speculation though.

Top Bottom