[SPOILER]What's with Berengar's Medallion?

+
What's with Berengar's Medallion?
If you decide to kill Berengar you pick up his medallion and before the fight with Javed he says something like Berengar's medallion weakens him and in the flashback scene his medallion painted with a blue fume coming out of it. Also Geralt asks himself where Berengar got that medallion and tells that maybe Berengar intended to face Javed concluding from the medallion. We know witcher's medallion helps identifying monsters when they're in disguise or indicates they're near but there's nothing that they weaken monsters/evil that I know of. So AFAIC there is no clear info on what's that medallion or how did Berengar got his hands on in the game. Am I right? Is there something in books about enchanted medallions? Also any speculations on Berengar's medallion or info missed by me but exists in game are appreciated. Thanks.

The only thing that comes to mind is Dimeritium, a special metal that hinders mages' abilities. *However* it only works when touching the unfortunate sorcerer's body - either as shackles or necklaces (like the one you give Alivn). Oh, wait.There was a really strong anti-magic aura placed on the Garstang palace an Thanedd Island, but that was a result of an year-long project by a talented sorceress. Berengar's medllion presumably had lower range, and didn't block magic totally, so it might be a similar effect crafted by sorcerer without much skill or time on his hands. Still, that sorcerer is not even mentioned...

Top Bottom