[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
So in the polish forums some people were asking if we are going to met people from the main TW3 game, someone used this :D "#TeamTriss#YenHaters", and the answer by theta77 was :"It could be a trap ...But the answer is yes. Yes, we will meet :)

I wonder which main npcs may visit us.
The addon is playable after the quest "A poet under pressure", which means Geralt has to save Dandelion to start Blood&Wine.
That probably means that Dandelion will play a role/appear in the story of Blood&Wine, though he is at least "free" to visit our vineyard.
Zoltan is "free" as this point and should also be able to visit us.
Yennefer and Triss should be also "free" for a cameo visit.
The big question is Ciri. She is on the isle of mists, so definitely not going to be in the addon if we start it right after the Novigrad main storyline.
But CDP also said that there are some changes depending on how far we are in the main campaign.
My guess would be that Ciri may visit if we play the addon after Bald Mountain/the ending and if she is alive.
I also hope the other Witchers will stop by.

All this cameos (if they happen) are obvious fanservice but considering it's Geralt's(and probably all other characters tied to him) last adventure, I would really love to see them again for a last time. One last big party for Geralt and all his friends in the vineyard would be so f****** awesome:)

Last edited:
Since @theta77 said that "it could be a trap", it might be a "surprise" character that most people do not expect to appear and has possibly only a minor role in the main game, similarly to Gaunter O'Dimm.

Last edited:
All this cameos (if they happen) are obvious fanservice but considering it's Geralt s(and probably all other characters tied to Geralt) last appearance, I would really love to see them agaian for a last time. One last big party Geralt and all his friends in the vineyard would be so f****** awesome

I do think they have something like that planned, like you said it's his last big contract and well adventure. Something like the DLC of mass effect called 'the citadel'. That would be totally awsome.

I do think they have something like that planned, like you said it's his last big and well adventure. Something like the DLC of mass effect called 'the citadel'. That would be totally awsome.

Let's hope so. Thinking about it, the only time Geralt and (almost) all of his close friends (Zoltan, Dandelion, Vesemir, Yennefer, Triss, Ciri, Eskel, Lambert) are all together is during the Kaer Morhen events. Well.. and that isn't a particular happy time....The closest we got was Geralt's drinking time with Eskel and Lambert. I would love something similar with the whole crew
including Regis
Though unfortunately Ciri and Vesemir can't be there at the same time :geraltsad:

Something like the DLC of mass effect called 'the citadel'. That would be totally awsome.

If that would be true than...awesomeness overloaded.

Let's just hope that Geralt won't have his own clone :p

Last edited:
The closest we got was Geralt's drinking time with Eskel and Lambert.

Exactly this kinda quest really did it! Absolutely enjoyed it. The atmosphere really brought that bond you have with most of those characters to the surface.

Wel they resurrected Regis (if it is Regis) so why not with Vesemir? Imao nah jk ofocurse

---------- Updated at 09:24 AM ----------

Let's just hope that Geralt won't have his own clone :p

Omg no! Hahahaha doppler invasion :surprise:

Now I'm thinking that if Regis appeared to be just a doppler, CDPR guys would win trolls of the year award

Hahaha yes that would really be something! I mean they also did it yesterday with the trailer, first they said nope and few min later BOOM we all got trolled xD. Not that I am complaining or anything ;)

Which article said that you need to have completed "A Poet under Pressure"? It makes sense, storywise, but I can't find it.

Indeed, is there any information on exactly when the expansion quest becomes available ? Is it immediately after the prologue (similarly to HoS), or only later, for example after The Isle of Mists, when meeting Dandelion again in his inn in Final Preparations ?

@Scryar

Which article said that you need to have completed "A Poet under Pressure"? It makes sense, storywise, but I can't find it.

"W dodatek Krew i Wino będzie można zagrać na 31 poziomie jeśli kontynuujesz przygodę z podstawki (dodatkowo trzeba mieć ukończone zadanie Poeta w opałach), w przypadku gry w sam dodatek, będzie to 34 poziom."

My polish isn't perfect (though hopefully good enough) to translate it into:
"In addition Blood&Wine can be played at level 31 if you continue from the base game? ( additionally a poet under pressure has to be completed), in the case of playing just the expansion, it will be level 34.
http://www.witchersite.pl/component...wiedzmin-3/1368-krew-i-wino-juz-gralismy.html

• Here is a list of all the new set bonuses from the grandmaster witcher school gear. It's in german though, so I translated it below.
    http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...e_witcher_3_blood_and_wine,53779,3272249.html

Manticore school (only grandmaster will be available)
    Three items: Bombs profit from critical chance and damage bonuses
    Six Items: Alchemy items get an additional charge

Wolf school:
    Three items: You can use up too 3 oils on one sword
    Six Items: Bombs can be thrown immediately

Bear school:
    Three items: If a Quen sign bursts, there is a 5% chance for each bear school item to cast a new one for free
    Six Items: The damage of Quen abilities will be tripled

Griffin school:
    Three items: After casting a sign for stamina, a second sign can be cast duing the next three seconds for free
    Six Items:Yrden traps are 40% bigger. Within a Yrden trap, Geralt get's a massive stamina regeneration, sign intensity and damage reduction boost

Cat school:
    Three items:Heavy attacks increase the damage of light attacks (5% for each cat school item) for 5 seconds
    Six Items: Hits in the back do 25% more damage and stun the enemy (I guess they mean they have a chance to stun, would be pretty op otherwise)

Last edited:
@Scryar Thanks for the info! Is there a language you don't speak? :p

Those Bear school Quen abilities don't really fit with the idea of Ursine armour though, in my opinion. I might switch my armour to Manticore or Cat. All the others sound really cool.

Are they adding more oils? Why would you need three on one sword? All types of enemies fit into one unique category.

Looking at the pants design for a lot of the new armours, the CDPR designers have a thing for two tone pants.

Is there a historical reason behind this?

Last edited:
  • Here is a list of all the new set bonuses from the grandmaster witcher school gear. It's in german though, so I translated it below.
    http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...e_witcher_3_blood_and_wine,53779,3272249.html

Wolf school:

Bear school:
    Three items: If a Quen sign bursts, there is a 5% chance for each bear school item to cast a new one for free

Griffin school:
    Three items: After casting a sign for stamina, a second sign can be cast duing the next three seconds for free
    Six Items:Yrden traps are 40% bigger. Within a Yrden trap, Geralt get's a massive stamina regeneration, sign intensity and damage reduction boost

Cat school:
    Three items:Heavy attacks increase the damage of light attacks (5% for each cat school item) for 5 seconds
    Six Items: Hits in the back do 25% more damage and stun the enemy (I guess they mean they have a chance to stun, would be pretty op otherwise)

One of inventory screenshots had Grandmaster feline armor level as 40
My player lvl is already 40
I think I will start B&W in Death march difficulty now

@Scryar any mention on Grand master Viper armor ?
Also what about grandmaster swords ? Any news on that in article ?

Last edited:

Wolf school:

Bear school:

Griffin school:

Cat school:

To be honest, Wolf School Six Items Bonus would fit better to Manticore Set.

• Mutations:
  • http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-w...e_witcher_3_blood_and_wine,53779,3272247.html

Magische Sensibilität (Zeichen):
    Signs can hit critical. The chance and damage bonus depends on the sign intensity. If a enemy is killed after a sign hit critical, he explodes.
  • Magieleiter (Kampf, Zeichen): The damage of our drawn sword will be added to our sign intensity.
  • Durchdringende Kälte (Zeichen):Aard freezes enemies. Enemies, which are freezed and thrown on the ground at the same time, die immediately
  • Adrenalinschub (Kampf, Zeichen): At the beginning of the battle, sword damage and sign intensity are increased by 30% for each enemy except the first one. It lasts 30 seconds. After that, both values are reduced by 15% for each enemy except the first one.
  • Zweites Leben (Alchemie, Kampf, Zeichen): If your health drops to zero, it will be fully charged once every 3 minutes and Geralt becomes invulnerable for a short time.
  • Blutbad (Kampf): Every deadly blow with a sword dismemebers an enemy or activates a finisher. Each melee hit increases the attack damage by 5% (maximum 250%) till the end of the fight. The bonus is lost if Geralt takes damage.
  • Tödlicher Konter (Kampf): Sword hits do 25% more damage to monsters and enemies, who are immune to counter attacks. If an enemy has less than 25% life, a counter attack will trigger a finisher.
  • Katzenaugen (Alchemie, Kampf): Crossbows do much more damage and have a 50% increased critical chance. Bolts pierce enemies and throw them on the ground or stun them. If an enemy with full health is hit, he looses 20% of his health.
  • Metamorphose (Alchemie, Kampf, Zeichen):Critical hits activate a random decoction for two minutes, which doesn't increase Geralt's toxicity. No more than three decoctions can be activated with this mutation. Witcher senses increase Geralt's sight in the dark.
  • Euphorie (Alchemie): Toxicity increases the sword damage and sign intensity up to a maximum of 110%.
  • Giftiges Blut (Alchemie): Enemies who hit(melee) Geralt, will be poisoned. The damage depends on Geralt's current toxicity.
  • Mutierte Haut (Kampf, Alchemie): Each adrenaline point reduces the damage from enemies by 15%.

---------- Updated at 11:35 AM ----------

@Scryar any mention on Grand master Viper armor ?
Also what about grandmaster swords ? Any news on that in article ?

No mention of the Viper school gear. I doubt there will be a grandmaster version.
The swords are part of the grandmaster gear I guess. Otherwise the 6 pieces bonus wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom