[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

+
Witcher 4 to conclude the Saga? Where did you read about this?

In the same interview where they talked about the infiltration mission of the Wild Hunt. And many other things, like Yen that in the main storyline should have imprison Geralt in some tower for some reasons, so very early things.

There's this vague sentence which really stuck in my head of that interview " a trilogy is a lot cooler than making a 4th chapter!" ( i'm not joking)

Last edited:
Moderator's note: This is a second reminder to adhere to the topic. As you know, criticisms of CD Projekt RED's ambitious goals, and speculations or suggestions on alternative titles in the series should be posted elsewhere. Also, please, try to be respectful of newcomers to the series and console-players.Thank you.

Last edited:
Not this Iorveth thing again.

Too bad there is no communication from CDPR regarding this (other than confirming that he will not be in Blood and Wine), a simple statement like "sorry, we have no plans to add Iorveth or Saskia to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in any form of content (patch, DLC, GOTY/enhanced edition, or expansion)", if that is indeed the case, would reduce the amount of complaining and requests in various threads. To be honest, I think it is more likely than not that even if an enhanced edition was made, it would not include Iorveth; other than the possibility that he was cut on purpose for story reasons, implementing a decent sub-plot involving him would require a fair amount of resources that the developers may prefer to spend on other issues. It may make more sense to focus on completing already existing things in the game that were left unfinished than adding new characters and not unlikely more half-baked content.

Perhaps Iorveth and/or Saskia could return in some future game, or (not likely) if more than two expansions were made after all.

---------- Updated at 10:26 PM ----------

The novigrad part would not be a pain in the arse, if you want only the practical reason.

For those who do not care about Iorveth (probably including a lot of players on the PS4 whose first Witcher game is TW3), it might become more of a pain, since the common complaint about the Novigrad quest line seems to be that it is "too long", and that it includes characters and plot lines that feel unfinished and lead nowhere. For the new player, adding more to that mix could make things worse.

But could you tell me why Roche is in the game? Political/Temeria reasons?

Probably yes, but his role is much smaller than in TW2, he became a secondary character.

Sorry, but your reasons don't have much sense, by this logic everything that is not connected to the main story should be cut from the game.

That is an exaggeration, but the game cannot include everything either, it had to be made with finite resources.

EDIT: Don't want to be rude but even the character of your profile pic doesn't bring anything to the story, she's more focused on saving the mages in Novigrad and her role in Kovir.

CDPR apparently do not agree with that, as she was considered important to Geralt's personal story (as you can see in interviews like this one), and was therefore given the third most screen time in the game after Yennefer and Ciri, and also more than in TW2.

Because it's really not possible that, after freeing Saskia from the spell in W2, I have to hear from Philippa that she lost the control over her because she went away.

That imported choice seems to depend only on whether Saskia is alive. Although it should not be too difficult to fix it with the already existing other imported facts (import_geralt_rescued_triss, import_iorweth_path).

Last edited:
Too bad there is no communication from CDPR regarding this (other than confirming that he will not be in Blood and Wine), a simple statement like "sorry, we have no plans to add Iorveth or Saskia to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in any form of content (patch, DLC, GOTY/enhanced edition, or expansion)"

I would like to have seen this communication before the game was released and not after 6 months and in one small sentence. Despite this, I don't think that for including Iorveth in the story we will need a decent sub-plot. Look at Roche's missions in the game. Do you see quality on those quests? In my opinion, they are simple and rush, with no connection with TW2. Given the fact that TW3 is what it is now and we can't change it, I would accept a minor quest if at least I can see the character which I've been waiting for three years and was the reason which explains why I bought the game

Last edited:
Perhaps Iorveth and/or Saskia could return in some future game
I think it's more of a "Now or Never". This is the last game about Geralt, can't see why Iorveth&Saskia should appear in a future witcher game.

CDPR apparently do not agree with that, as she was considered important to Geralt's personal story (as you can see in interviews like this one), and was therefore given the third most screen time in the game after Yennefer and Ciri, and also more than in TW2.

I didn't said that Triss is not important, i said that she can bring the same kind of content to the main story as much as Roche or Iorveth.
She cares about Geralt and Ciri but also she has her own goals to achieve and things to do. The same can be applied to Roche, he has his things about Temeria but he helps you, and also Iorveth while doing his things with the Scoiat'ael should have helped you.

I would accept a minor quest if at least I can see the character which I've been waiting for three years and was the reason which explains why I bought the game

A little quest like the one with Letho, that's it, and it would be even cooler if he would be at KH with everyone but i'm just dreaming.

The novigrad part would not be a pain in the arse, if you want only the practical reason.

But could you tell me why Roche is in the game? Political/Temeria reasons? And why is that connected to Geralt/Ciri and the WH? Letho? Same thing.
Sorry, but your reasons don't have much sense, by this logic everything that is not connected to the main story should be cut from the game.

Fan service? F***ing no, Regis in Blood & Wine is fanservice, Iorveth (or at least Isengrim) should be consequence of choosing the non humans path in TW2. There are two specific import choices about him.

---------- Updated at 07:36 PM ----------

EDIT: Don't want to be rude but even the character of your profile pic doesn't bring anything to the story, she's more focused on saving the mages in Novigrad and her role in Kovir.

My profile picture has nothing to do with the discussion. Triss plays a part in the story as a potential love interest for Geralt, not as a freedom fighter. She runs a railroad, not a terrorist organisation, and the only part of her story that has Geralt intervene in the Witch Hunt is as a pre-text for romancing her.

As for Roche, he makes more sense, even if he wasn't essential. The assassination plot, should you decide to pursue it, plays a direct role within the story. The case is made that having now found Ciri, she won't be safe so long as there is a mad man on the throne, therefore he needs to be assassinated. An assassination plot would not have worked with Iorveth who is a guerilla fighter with no political connections. Same applies to Saskia.They could never get near him.

SVM is correct in that the problem comes from a lack of expectation management on CDPR's part. Could Iorveth have had a cameo in the game? Could he have been used as a pawn by Djkstra and Roche? Sure but that doesn't mean he would have brought anything significant to it. For him to do so would have required a different story to the one told. Actors don't come cheap and whilst he may have a few lines in the game, hiring the actor for an extended part would have required resources better used elsewhere.

There are a significant number of Witcher 2 decision that carry no consequences in The Witcher 3 but Iorveth being in the game is not one of them.

My profile picture has nothing to do with the discussion. Triss plays a part in the story as a potential love interest for Geralt, not as a freedom fighter. She runs a railroad, not a terrorist organisation, and the only part of her story that has Geralt intervene in the Witch Hunt is as a pre-text for romancing her.

As for Roche, he makes more sense, even if he wasn't essential. The assassination plot, should you decide to pursue it, plays a direct role within the story. The case is made that having now found Ciri, she won't be safe so long as there is a mad man on the throne, therefore he needs to be assassinated. An assassination plot would not have worked with Iorveth who is a guerilla fighter with no political connections. Same applies to Saskia.They could never get near him.

SVM is correct in that the problem comes from a lack of expectation management on CDPR's part. Could Iorveth have had a cameo in the game? Could he have been used as a pawn by Djkstra and Roche? Sure but that doesn't mean he would have brought anything significant to it. For him to do so would have required a different story to the one told. Actors don't come cheap and whilst he may have a few lines in the game, hiring the actor for an extended part would have required resources better used elsewhere.

There are a significant number of Witcher 2 decision that carry no consequences in The Witcher 3 but Iorveth being in the game is not one of them.

Just for saying, but Iorveth actor plays minor characters in Witcher 3.

As i see it she's just a secondary character, like in the books, , with a role as support like Roche/Letho/Iorveth/Keira etc.. but considered as a main character. With good reasons, of course, she has been the main woman of the past games. ( Btw, respecting choices i made > bewbs)

is a mad man on the throne, therefore he needs to be assassinated. An assassination plot would not have worked with Iorveth who is a guerilla fighter with no political connections.
I think you missed that part where Ravovid, after slaughtering the mages, will start pursuing the non-humans. So... no again, he would totally fit an assassination quest, also because he and Isengrim had contact with Clever and the King of Beggars, which aren't certanly happy with Ravovid approacing their city.

Sure but that doesn't mean he would have brought anything significant to it. For him to do so would have required a different story to the one told. Actors don't come cheap and whilst he may have a few lines in the game, hiring the actor for an extended part would have required resources better used elsewhere.
Dude, for you anything about Iorveth brings nothing. It's just one of the best characters written by CDPR.
What the hell, would you not be happy if the Reason of State quest would also feature Iorveth with more outcomes? No? FIne. But stop saying that he would not bring a thing, if he was properly added in the game since the beginning his presence would have solved quite a few problems of this game, even if you don't want to see them.

Last edited:
I think you missed that part where Ravovid, after slaughtering the mages, will start pursuing the non-humans. So... no again, he would totally fit an assassination quest, also because he and Isengrim had contact with Clever and the King of Beggars, which aren't certanly happy with Ravovid approacing their city.

Plus Isengrim and Dijkstra are old buddies. It would actually make more sense for Dijkstra to work with him and Iorveth instead of Roche.

Plus Isengrim and Dijkstra are old buddies. It would actually make more sense for Dijkstra to work with him and Iorveth instead of Roche.

Yup, with Aerdin conquered, basically Novigrad could be their new "home", their in good contact with every boss. If we don't count Whoreson Junior, but he won't be in that position for much longer anyway

I'm sure this is what the writers thought at the beginning :cry:

This thread is making me depressed :cry: So much wasted potential, so many wasted characters...Oh well, R. I. P. Iorveth, Saskia, Kalkstein, Anais, Quenn Adda and Sheala de Tancarville. You'll be remembered even if the devs have forgotten you.

As i see it she's just a secondary character, like in the books

You may understandably see it that way, but it is not the books, and I do not see much point in a "my favorite character is more important than yours" contest - CDPR already made the decision regarding what characters and plot lines from TW2 they considered important in the sequel themselves. It is a pity that they chose to cut the Scoia'tael and Iorveth from the game, but I doubt if much can be done about that at this point in Wild Hunt. I personally would not have had major objections if one third of Yennefer's content in the game was used to implement quests with Iorveth instead. :whistle:

Btw, respecting choices i made > bewbs)

Respecting your choices from TW2 does not necessarily imply that Iorveth has to appear in TW3 if you choose that path, it can reasonably be explained that he parted ways with Geralt and stayed in Aedirn or ended up in Dol Blathanna or some other location. Of course, it would indeed be an improvement if such explanation actually existed in the game, as well as the choice was recognized at least in a few dialogues and in the journal. But this is not an issue that is specific to the Iorveth/Roche choice, others could benefit from similar tweaks, too.

I think it's more of a "Now or Never". This is the last game about Geralt, can't see why Iorveth&Saskia should appear in a future witcher game.

Why not, as long as it is not in the past or the distant future, and it includes areas where one would expect Iorveth and Saskia to appear ? The new protagonist could meet them, too, and at the beginning of TW2, Geralt did not know them at first, either. Of course, there is no guarantee that this would happen, but at least it is not impossible. There would also be a realistic chance with further TW3 expansions, although until now, it has been repeatedly stated that there are no plans to make more than two. On the other hand, the company seems to be expanding, and has plans to expand its core franchises with additional media content and product lines between 2017 and 2021 (whatever that actually means). I just doubt that an enhanced edition - assuming one is even being made at all - would add Iorveth back, especially, as noted before, if his deletion was not even for resource management reasons.

A little quest like the one with Letho, that's it, and it would be even cooler if he would be at KH with everyone but i'm just dreaming.

A small quest that is added only to bring back a character that fans wanted, but the developers apparently did not - that sounds like fan service. ;) Not that I would mind it much.

Just for saying, but Iorveth actor plays minor characters in Witcher 3.

Which does not mean recording the hundreds of lines (and that in 7 languages) with him that would be required for a full quest line involving Iorveth would be free, or that the same amount of voice recording could not be put to good use elsewhere.

So I just finished "The Great Escape" without Sheala (she was killed in TW2) and whaddaya know? I still got the journal entry wich states that Geralt ended her suffering. Seriously? That stupid bug is still there!? Please tell me it's just my game glitching.

I personally would not have had major objections if one third of Yennefer's content in the game was used to implement quests with Iorveth instead. :whistle:
No thanks, not in the mood to start a waifu war.

Respecting your choices from TW2 does not necessarily imply that Iorveth has to appear in TW3 if you choose that path
Yup, i'm awared of that. But, hey Isengrim! Come over he... oh. Right.
You know, I/we already had a situation like this, but something went wrong.
Yaevinn (TW1) -----> Iorveth (TW2)
Iorveth (TW2) -----> Uma? (TW3)

The non-humans path was always at the center of the first 2 games, and also important in the books, they just can't completely cut it like that, especially after what they did with TW2, and i even have to hear
"ohoho it doesn't mean that what you did in the past will appear, The import choice? Pfft. it's just there, not really a big deal. Do you need to play the other two games? Not at all my friend! This game is called Gerald the Bitcher 1: The Bloody Baron!"

Just for saying, i'm pissed off. (Yeah, i've not more important things/problems to take care of in this period) And i can't wait that this year will end and we'll move on from this saga.

A small quest that is added only to bring back a character that fans wanted, but the developers apparently did not - that sounds like fan service. ;) Not that I would mind it much.

A quest affected by the import choice would be fan service? Uh.. i'd say yes and no.
Yes, because we are asking it
No, because if someone could explain me why i sided with Iorveth in Flotsam, Vergen and Loc Muinne, and why i left Loc Muinne with him at the side of Triss i'd be glad. Your choices count? Not always it seems, and not with every characters.

Which does not mean recording the hundreds of lines (and that in 7 languages) with him that would be required for a full quest line involving Iorveth would be free, or that the same amount of voice recording could not be put to good use elsewhere.

Shame, so it's not a treatment for everyone.

Last edited:
So I just finished "The Great Escape" without Sheala (she was killed in TW2) and whaddaya know? I still got the journal entry wich states that Geralt ended her suffering. Seriously? That stupid bug is still there!? Please tell me it's just my game glitching.
The same to me. I have finished game without Sheala and alas, she is in my journal. This adds to my suffering a bit more. This reminds me again how less my decisions mattered since TW1 and TW2 =(

The same to me. I have finished game without Sheala and alas, she is in my journal. This adds to my suffering a bit more. This reminds me again how less my decisions mattered since TW1 and TW2 =(

Wow. Just shows how much the devs didn't care about her. This bug was in the game since day one :dizzy: Or maybe they just like torturing her fans by reminding us about her horrible fate? I wouldn't be surprised.

Is that in her journal entry, or the one for the quest ? The former seems to be written only for the case when she does not die in TW2, maybe it should not appear at all otherwise ?

Is that in her journal entry, or the one for the quest ? The former seems to be written only for the case when she does not die in TW2, maybe it should not appear at all otherwise ?

The journal entry. It seems like it appears regardless of her fate in TW2.

No thanks, not in the mood to start a waifu war.

Yup, i'm awared of that. But, hey Isengrim! Come over he... oh. Right.
You know, I/we already had a situation like this, but something went wrong.
Yaevinn (TW1) -----> Iorveth (TW2)
Iorveth (TW2) -----> Uma? (TW3)

The non-humans path was always at the center of the first 2 games, and also important in the books, they just can't completely cut it like that, especially after what they did with TW2, and i even have to hear
"ohoho it doesn't mean that what you did in the past will appear, The import choice? Pfft. it's just there, not really a big deal. Do you need to play the other two games? Not at all my friend! This game is called Gerald the Bitcher 1: The Bloody Baron!"

Just for saying, i'm pissed off. (Yeah, i've not more important things/problems to take care of in this period) And i can't wait that this year will end and we'll move on from this saga.

A quest affected by the import choice would be fan service? Uh.. i'd say yes and no.
Yes, because we are asking it
No, because if someone could explain me why i sided with Iorveth in Flotsam, Vergen and Loc Muinne, and why i left Loc Muinne with him at the side of Triss i'd be glad. Your choices count? Not always it seems, and not with every characters.

Shame, so it's not a treatment for everyone.

Something I still don't understand because no one cared to explain that, is why Geralt is with Vesemir at the beginning of the game if in Witcher 2 Geralt left with Triss, which promised him to help him to find Yennefer, and why she moved to Novigrad.

Top Bottom