[Spoilers] W3 Eye for an Eye quest bugged (not the usual bug)

+
The problem occurs shortly after I meet with Roche at hanged mans tree. Roche & I start running towards mulbrydale, and as soon as we reach the town area, Roche vanishes into thin air, and the quest log says Ves is dead. when this happens, Ves's health bar never appears in the HUD either.

I do often use the debug console to allowe fast travel.
In a previous quest, after i killed whoreson Junior, i fast travelled out of the mansion which means i didnt trigger the cutscene with Radovid where he tasks me to find Philippa Eilhart. After realizing this i reloaded a previous save, had the conversation with Radovid and then went on to do the Eye for an Eye quest with Roche.
unfortunately the problem still persists, and i would very much like to have the "Full Troup" Achievement, but more importantly, in my role play i would like to save Ves.

If anyone has any possible solutions, i would be very grateful.

Did you install any TW3 mods?

I do have a few mods, but i have used a script merger.

- The Enhancement System
- Extra Skill Slots
- Multi Companion Mod
- Sort Everything
- Gwent Friends
- Addition Stash Locations
- Additional Armor Stands
- Better Trophies
- Gallop in Cities
- No Fall Damage
- *a handful of armor redesigns

The contender may be the Multi Companion Mod. the first time i attempted this quest during this playthrough, after meeting roche at camp, but before speaking to him at hanged mans tree, i deleted the Multi companion mod and replaced it with the "enhanced" version of the mod. i didnt like it, so i deleted that and then reinstalled the original Multi Companion mod.

however, every subsequent time i have tried to do this quest i have reloaded a previous save and still roche simply disappears right as we reach mulbrydale. there are no dead bodies only the normal Nilfgaardian soldiers there, and one building is burning.

im considering redoing all 45 hours of gameplay to get to this point and fix it, but i dont know what truly caused the problem.

Really?

This alone is enough to ruin your gameplay.

I dont know what caused the problem, because its a very specific situation that causes roche to disappear and ves to die, whereas ive had no other problems.
i also reloaded and fixed the mistake i made with the allowing fast travel. which means i have now triggered the conversation with radovid, and from there i went to meet with roche and still the glitch persists. i do not see how using the debug console for fast travel could affect the game to the point that one quest become irreversibly bugged, but no others are affected.

Any mod can break the game, sometimes in the most unpredictable ways. Removing all mods is the first step to diagnosing issues.

In this case the multi companion mod seems like a very likely culprit, so I'd remove it again if I were you.

remov
Any mod can break the game, sometimes in the most unpredictable ways. Removing all mods is the first step to diagnosing issues.

In this case the multi companion mod seems like a very likely culprit, so I'd remove it again if I were you.
i removed it, bug still happened, it may have messed up the save games when i originally deleted it and then reinstalled.
im just gonna start fresh. thanks for the tip though

Top Bottom