Stealth issue since 2.12.

+
Hi,

Since 2.12 i have trouble taking down NPCs with a silenced pistol and remain undetected, once i kill someone i get instanlty spotted by the whole building, for example at the Arasaka industrial park, i litteraly can't kill anyone without entering in combat state right away, anyone noticed the same problem ?

It's like my pistol wasn't silenced at all, i'm using Death & Texas with a tier 5 XC-10 Cestus, tried with a basic Nue and the Overwatch, same issue.

No. My silenced weapons works fine. But I use sonic shock before shooting, in case perps dont die to first burst. And they dont.. playing very hard. Using silenced Masamune for sniping.

Very hard is not hard at all when you have tier 5 weapons and cyberware.

No. My silenced weapons works fine. But I use sonic shock before shooting, in case perps dont die to first burst. And they dont.. playing very hard. Using silenced Masamune for sniping.

Very hard is not hard at all when you have tier 5 weapons and cyberware.
Well i don't know what the issue comes from, i still can't stealth kill anyone at Arasaka Industrial Park without instantly entering combat state with a silenced pistol, even if i one shot the target, i don't use a cyberdeck on this toon, i'm using a Sandy gunslinger/sniper build.

I've reported the issue to CDPR with my saved game.

It might be that they see you do it, there is more than one way to trigger alerted state and the Arasaka Industial Park have tons of cameras, try to dissable the cameras first and retry it. sometimes they have tweaked things that didnt end up in patchnotes.

Dont remember.. can you disable cameras using security computer in this mission.

I am pretty sure CD projekt red is making small adjustments secretly, outside patches. For example... two dead bikers at Badlands, near tunnel entrance. They had little accident. Previously you could take their food and weapons. But that scenery has been changed.

Last edited:
It might be that they see you do it, there is more than one way to trigger alerted state and the Arasaka Industial Park have tons of cameras, try to dissable the cameras first and retry it. sometimes they have tweaked things that didnt end up in patchnotes.
Nope no one see me, i'm not playing stealth for the first time, i had to kill everyone with takedowns and a Claw that i've found on the way, neither a silenced pistol or the Overwatch did the job.

Really strange, its like the silencer didnt "silence" then, i guessed that you tried to requip the silencer? but seems like its more a local bug, cause normal Stealth works outside that quest? As people said, there might be some tweak, not registered in the patch notes, going on.

Really strange, its like the silencer didnt "silence" then, i guessed that you tried to requip the silencer? but seems like its more a local bug, cause normal Stealth works outside that quest? As people said, there might be some tweak, not registered in the patch notes, going on.
Yeah outside of this quest is does work most of the time but time to time it happens the silencer doesn't work and i get also randomly spotted, i've tried other silencers, same issue, as well with the Overwatch, tried a basic Nue with different silencer, same result, i've tried to drop some stealth related perk to see if some of them were related to the issue, like Gag Order or Killer Instinct but it didn't change anything.

Scripted areas have always been prone to bugs, so there might be a issue, i got a update save close to that gig, going try to run it and see if i can spot a change or if its just you that are unlucky

Scripted areas have always been prone to bugs, so there might be a issue, i got a update save close to that gig, going try to run it and see if i can spot a change or if its just you that are unlucky
Interested to know how it went for you, even outside of scripted areas i randomly get spotted, as i was using Overwatch when you kill a NPC close to an other one, with pistol it shouldn't happen.

Well... it might be some changed on that Gig that hasnt been in patchnotes; If i fired any silenced shots, even with Sonic Shock active, it did triggered combat mode. Using the Stealth takedown worked fine, same as using Ultimate Quickhack: System Collapse.
Might be that the idea that you were going silently in and out without a trace, not leaving a trail of dead bodies!
Other stealthmechanic inside and outside(i could for exampel kill the two guard on the walkway close to the constructionsite) work fine without triggering combat. I would guess its probably NOT a bug, rather a change to that specific area, I also found them being much more aggresive than before but that might just be my mods that increase their tactics. Overwatch has always been a bit wonky when it came to being silenced, i used a mod to give it proper silenced effect and it now works a bit more as it suppose to be.

Well... it might be some changed on that Gig that hasnt been in patchnotes; If i fired any silenced shots, even with Sonic Shock active, it did triggered combat mode. Using the Stealth takedown worked fine, same as using Ultimate Quickhack: System Collapse.
Might be that the idea that you were going silently in and out without a trace, not leaving a trail of dead bodies!
Other stealthmechanic inside and outside(i could for exampel kill the two guard on the walkway close to the constructionsite) work fine without triggering combat. I would guess its probably NOT a bug, rather a change to that specific area, I also found them being much more aggresive than before but that might just be my mods that increase their tactics. Overwatch has always been a bit wonky when it came to being silenced, i used a mod to give it proper silenced effect and it now works a bit more as it suppose to be.
I also thought about that a stealth change to this quest but as there was nothing in the patchnote i wasn't sure. Yeah for Overwatch i know but during this quest pistols were working like Overwatch regarding stealth kills, that's quite strange we can use takedowns and throwing blades and remain undetected while other stealth options fail.

I'd rather prefer CDPR work on all the bugs than tweaking some useless stuff like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom