Stop special card decks!!

+
It's funny but I don't feel good playing these decks. The devs need to do something about them.

For me "unitless" decks is only another control deck, difficult to use and when it works seems very powerful.

For me, I d´ont feel good against full charges NR decks. The game is very slow and you can do nothing.
Against "Unitless" decks, you ever have your opportunity in the last card.

For me "unitless" decks is only another control deck, difficult to use and when it works seems very powerful.

For me, I d´ont feel good against full charges NR decks. The game is very slow and you can do nothing.
Against "Unitless" decks, you ever have your opportunity in the last card.

Engine decks you just have to control their engines. At least you aren't staring at an empty board and both sides are actually playing cards.

Engine decks you just have to control their engines. At least you aren't staring at an empty board and both sides are actually playing cards.

I prefer both sides empty, and not only my side because the engine decks kicks my ass. XD
Really, for me is more frustrating watch engine decks destroying all my cards when I play them in slowly turns and adding another cards and charges. Nothing to do here.
I think the greater virtue of "unitless" decks is that you do not have worry against engine decks.

I never play NR because their engine decks are so slow.

Immune can get out of hand but currently they aren't so bad. Artifacts are the real problem. What exactly do you mean by timer? The artifacts effect goes off when it hits zero?
We discussed this before, the solution could be, that artifacts need to be "equipped" by a unit. This I guess would solve most of it. If no targetable unit is on your site, you cant play an artifact. If you want to play two artifacts, you need two units etc.

We discussed this before, the solution could be, that artifacts need to be "equipped" by a unit. This I guess would solve most of it. If no targetable unit is on your site, you cant play an artifact. If you want to play two artifacts, you need two units etc.
That means that Totem c´ant be played the firts, or Sumoning circle (losing 1 charge). For example.

But including if you eliminates artifacts 100%, yo d´ont eliminate "unitless" decks... I think some of you do not have understood this.

That means that Totem c´ant be played the firts, or Sumoning circle (losing 1 charge). For example.

But including if you eliminates artifacts 100%, yo d´ont eliminate "unitless" decks... I think some of you do not have understood this.

Without artifacts they would be much weaker and less prevalent.

I'm ok with them being around as long as they are very hard to win with.

Without artifacts they would be much weaker and less prevalent.

I play whit different "unitless" decks only whit one artifact (the spear) and normally is not very relevant. I can sustitute this whit a fog, for example.
Only whit Harald I play whit 3 artifacts.

The "unitless" decks are weaker now.

I played about 500 games last 3 seasons (R15-R6) and encountered unitless decks about 5 times = ~1%. Last time I was up against the Woodland version with zero artifacts. I have experimented with unitless decks a lot (although my unitless deck usually run around 7-9 units). Generally, they are strong against low tempo and unit-based removal decks, about 50/50 against handbuf and weak against high tempo (monster pointslam). So I don’t get what is the big deal about them. Some oeole fidn them ‘not fun’. For me not fun is to play countless games against few ‘tier 1’ netdecks runing almost identical decklist and tactics over and over again.

I played about 500 games last 3 seasons (R15-R6) and encountered unitless decks about 5 times = ~1%. Last time I was up against the Woodland version with zero artifacts. I have experimented with unitless decks a lot (although my unitless deck usually run around 7-9 units). Generally, they are strong against low tempo and unit-based removal decks, about 50/50 against handbuf and weak against high tempo (monster pointslam). So I don’t get what is the big deal about them. Some oeole fidn them ‘not fun’. For me not fun is to play countless games against few ‘tier 1’ netdecks runing almost identical decklist and tactics over and over again.

I don't really consider 7-9 units to be unitless.
Post automatically merged:

I play whit different "unitless" decks only whit one artifact (the spear) and normally is not very relevant. I can sustitute this whit a fog, for example.
Only whit Harald I play whit 3 artifacts.

The "unitless" decks are weaker now.

Every decently strong uniteless deck that i have seen uses artifacts. For good reason.

I would have to assume yours revolves more around immune units. Or it has enough units that it isn't really unitless.

Every decently strong uniteless deck that i have seen uses artifacts. For good reason.

I would have to assume yours revolves more around immune units. Or it has enough units that it isn't really unitless.

If I can, I play only units in the last play of round.
It's a problem to have units before that because interfere whit my special cards.

I don't really consider 7-9 units to be unitless.
The notion that ‘unitless’ (also called ‘no unit’ or ‘special card’) decks, that have some chance to be competitive, have no units or 1 unit is not very realistic. It’s similar misconception as beliefs that these decks are super strong or unfair. I played agains a handful but played with them a lot. You need somwhere between 5-9 units, even in this archetype, to have a functional and reliable deck. My best performing were 8 units, 8 arifacts, 9 spells. I rarely played R3 with more than 1 unit in my hand (or 2 if one of them was Villem), though. That is the point.

The notion that ‘unitless’ (also called ‘no unit’ or ‘special card’) decks, that have some chance to be competitive, have no units or 1 unit is not very realistic. It’s similar misconception as beliefs that these decks are super strong or unfair. I played agains a handful but played with them a lot. You need somwhere between 5-9 units, even in this archetype, to have a functional and reliable deck. My best performing were 8 units, 8 arifacts, 9 spells. I rarely played R3 with more than 1 unit in my hand (or 2 if one of them was Villem), though. That is the point.

I didn't really say that. I just don't think of them as having that many units.

I don't see anyone calling them super strong or even unfair. They feel counter intuitive to the spirit of the game and aren't fun to play against.

I didn't really say that. I just don't think of them as having that many units.

I don't see anyone calling them super strong or even unfair. They feel counter intuitive to the spirit of the game and aren't fun to play against.
Fair enough. I respect that, despite the difference in our views.

I did like that the YouTuber Swim stated before his stream playing a unitless deck that he thought that it was bad for the game and toxic for the community...he still played with it but at least he accepted what he was doing.

I did like that the YouTuber Swim stated before his stream playing a unitless deck that he thought that it was bad for the game and toxic for the community...he still played with it but at least he accepted what he was doing.

I've started to look a bit, and even has 4 units on the battlefield ... really, I do not understand how you can call that "unitless" deck, having so many units on the battlefield does not sense the main frustration of no to be able to interact with enemy units ...

Reading the forum and playing the game I think people who are againts the so co called ‘unitless’ decks are really just against control decks in general. There will always be cantrol decks in Gwent of some type or form, unless there is a major redesign of the whole game (unlikely).

To be clear, to me a control deck aims to deny other player resources (milling, discarding) or development of their strategy (not giving them targets, destroying or disabling their card on the board or othervise countering their play).

It is challenging both ways: to play with as well as to play against a control deck. I personally like the challenge.

In my view, there are more pressing issues: lack of cards, lack of card rotation and poor design of the competitive mode/matchmaking.

Reading the forum and playing the game I think people who are againts the so co called ‘unitless’ decks are really just against control decks in general. There will always be cantrol decks in Gwent of some type or form, unless there is a major redesign of the whole game (unlikely).

Nope.

People are against "unitless" decks because playing against them would best be described as dull, irritating and.... simplified. Most control has nothing to target against them. Most of the cards with a board presence (aka, units) you play get removed. Incidentally, 90% of your card plays do not matter. Most people do not like when 90% of their card related decisions suddenly become irrelevant.

Just for clarification.... "unitless" doesn't mean 8 units, 8 artifacts and 9 spells. That would be a spell/artifact heavy deck. "Unitless" is more like 2-4 units, a few ways to reliably find them and spell/artifact spam. Typically involving some type of immune units, big finishers and leader abilities able to provide positive value quickly.

Also for clarification.... The criticism of these type of decks isn't because they're "strong" decks. They're really not too much of a problem to handle. They never have been. Depending on coin flip and draws anyway (a discussion by itself). The fact remains they're a real thing and incredibly dull, irritating and simplified to play against.

Top Bottom