Storyline questions

+
Storyline questions

Ok now I'm in chapter 5 currently. And I know that Geralt broke the Stirga curse once before years early. Now after playing through Chapter 3 and bedding the Princess at the party. I eventually find out where the Salamander hideout is. Get teleported there by Triss. After all fight my way through all the badie and fighting the Profess which the Kikimore queen gets the last blow which sucks; After a few reloads I finaly take the queen down. Learned the hardway not to take her on with a silver sword. Now when you come out of there Princess Adda is theere and it comes to pass that she is working wit the Salamander and is staging a coup and to top it off she has sentenced you to death, Triss teleports you out just before you kiss her. End of Chapter. In chapter 4 at the end you have to side with the Order or the Scoatel I decided to take Alvin and get the Hell out of there and let them battle it out. Well Alvin telports out Geralt and Dandelion, go back to Vizima Now I've got Vizma all afire; The Scoatel and the order fighting one another and both fighting against Geralt. He can't seem to win. Now the king is cold towards him when he first encounters Geralt even theough Geralt had broke the curse on his daughter years earlier. Is it because he has returned to his kingdom in turmoil? Does he know that his daughter was planning on taking over while he was gone? None the less now I'm given the quest for which I've got to either break the curse or kill her. Good thing that I've got some time to think about this because after she was going to have me killed I might just choose to kill her. Haven't made up my mind yet though. Also What is up with The order and Scoatel both wanting to kick my arse? I've done things for both of them? Can't believe that Geralt managed to piss them both off without even trying. At least he's still got Triss and he's playing in the swamps currently looking for some parts for a new set of Armor. Why is it you don't get the good stuff till your almost completly through with the game? My friend said there was only 5 chapters and I"m in Chapter 5. Wonder if these Items will carry over to Witcher 2. I hope that they do.

I believe even if you did things for both companies, when you chose not to help either of them later you stepped on to the neutral path and no one likes you when you're neutral as far as I know. There'll be epilogue after chapter 5 btw. EDIT: not prologue, epilogue..

e-ahmet said:
I believe even if you did things for both companies, when you chose not to help either of them later you stepped on to the neutral path and no one likes you when you're neutral as far as I know. There'll be prologue after chapter 5 btw.
I fully understand that there now. And by not siding with either one and remaining neutral I put both sides against me. This is going to be interesting to find out how this here plays out. Guess the next time through I'll have to play through and choose one side or the other just to check it out. After all I can never play through a game just once As there are always things you miss the first time through. And different things happen with different choices.Now since I'm running the neutral path this time through as you say I think that I'll cure his daughter instead of killing her. Even though she did forget the fact that I help end the stirga curse and ordered my immediate execution when I came out from fighting the Kikimore Queen. Will have to admit that this game took allot of things into consideration when they made it including politics.

Guest 2091327

Thank goodness I just finished the game, cause this thread was a massive spoilfest and has nothing to do in this part of the forum.I didn't choose the same path as you, but I certainly didn't see the end coming a mile away. A whole pile of surprises in there. Hopefully Witcher 2 will answer some of the many questions the game left hanging in the air. Great. Game.

Well, Geralt helps King Foltest with the Baroness La Valette. Maybe there the Kings appreciates what Geralt has done for him. As we don't know any details what and how much previous decisions affect the events in TW2 we just have to wait patiently and find out when the time comes ;)
redneck1st said:
Why is it you don't get the good stuff till your almost completly through with the game? My friend said there was only 5 chapters and I"m in Chapter 5. Wonder if these Items will carry over to Witcher 2. I hope that they do.
You only can carry over a few things, a weapon at any rate. But definitely we will have more opportunities to craft items. And (!) one of the extra bonus for pre-order is a special jacket. So I think he will make a good start.
redneck1st said:
Also What is up with The order and Scoatel both wanting to kick my arse? I've done things for both of them? Can't believe that Geralt managed to piss them both off without even trying. At least he's still got Triss and he's playing in the swamps currently looking for some parts for a new set of Armor.
I think the last decision Geralt made in Murky Waters was of great importance for both partys. And when Geralt decided not to side with any of them they considered this as betrayal.

Well now you could be right there but when the King sees Geralt for the 1st time in Old Vizima he makes the comment of "What is he doing here?" You would think that he would have been a little nicer about it especially since he cured his daughter of the stirga curse. And than he invites Geralt to the Castle and asks him to cure her once again if he can. Now to me he don't sound to greatful for the first time Geralt saved his daughter. As for carrying over stuff I hope that at least the silver and steel swords get carried over. From what I gather you get the special jacket through an early quest. How early wasn't stated. You would think that he woudl be starting with some sort of armor. Especially if it's a continuation of the current game. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the decide to do in TW2 and I've got to quit getting ahead of myself. Well now I guess that that Order and the Scoatel just don't understand what the meaning of "Neutral" means. I guess I'm to used to playing the games through on the neutral/good path the first time through. Also Missiing a couple of Mutegens one is the werewolf fur. Was the only chance to get that by killing the werewolf instead of curing him in Chapter 3? Is there no other way for which this be gotten? There is one other I believe and can't remember what it is right off. But I think they should have given us another way for which to obtain some of these.
PetraSilie said:
Well, Geralt helps King Foltest with the Baroness La Valette. Maybe there the Kings appreciates what Geralt has done for him. As we don't know any details what and how much previous decisions affect the events in TW2 we just have to wait patiently and find out when the time comes ;)
PetraSilie said:
Why is it you don't get the good stuff till your almost completly through with the game? My friend said there was only 5 chapters and I"m in Chapter 5. Wonder if these Items will carry over to Witcher 2. I hope that they do.
You only can carry over a few things, a weapon at any rate. But definitely we will have more opportunities to craft items. And (!) one of the extra bonus for pre-order is a special jacket. So I think he will make a good start.
PetraSilie said:
Also What is up with The order and Scoatel both wanting to kick my arse? I've done things for both of them? Can't believe that Geralt managed to piss them both off without even trying. At least he's still got Triss and he's playing in the swamps currently looking for some parts for a new set of Armor.
I think the last decision Geralt made in Murky Waters was of great importance for both partys. And when Geralt decided not to side with any of them they considered this as betrayal.

redneck1st said:
Also Missiing a couple of Mutegens one is the werewolf fur. Was the only chance to get that by killing the werewolf instead of curing him in Chapter 3? Is there no other way for which this be gotten? There is one other I believe and can't remember what it is right off. But I think they should have given us another way for which to obtain some of these.
In the vanilla game yep that`s the only way.Our great modders in the Djinni section do have a way of giving us the ingredient for making this potion. Hats off to them for that !

redneck1st said:
Well now you could be right there but when the King sees Geralt for the 1st time in Old Vizima he makes the comment of "What is he doing here?" You would think that he would have been a little nicer about it especially since he cured his daughter of the stirga curse. And than he invites Geralt to the Castle and asks him to cure her once again if he can. Now to me he don't sound to greatful for the first time Geralt saved his daughter...
I think it's about the discrimination the witchers face in general. Even though they serve people they are treated badly by all the other people because they're different from them.

Well now I guess I'm going to have to check out the mods and see what all they have over there. You'd have thought that the devs would have came up with an alternate for those who decided not to kill the stirga and the werewolf to name a couple of them. Cause I noticed in my formula part of the journal that to get one thing I believe it's an extra silver and gold choice on level up you need a stirga's heart as the main ingredient. That would mean Princess Adda. Is this another one that those of us that don't kill everything loses out on? Or is there a mod for this one also?
Tommy said:
Tommy said:
Also Missiing a couple of Mutegens one is the werewolf fur. Was the only chance to get that by killing the werewolf instead of curing him in Chapter 3? Is there no other way for which this be gotten? There is one other I believe and can't remember what it is right off. But I think they should have given us another way for which to obtain some of these.
In the vanilla game yep that`s the only way.Our great modders in the Djinni section do have a way of giving us the ingredient for making this potion. Hats off to them for that !

e-hamet I had forgot about that there and you could be right on the money on this point. Like the discrimination for which the non humans face with their human counter parts. It would be one explination. I guess the fact that Geralt cured his daughter once of the stirga curse didn't change his opinion about Witchers. Guess some folks never change.
e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
Well now you could be right there but when the King sees Geralt for the 1st time in Old Vizima he makes the comment of "What is he doing here?" You would think that he would have been a little nicer about it especially since he cured his daughter of the stirga curse. And than he invites Geralt to the Castle and asks him to cure her once again if he can. Now to me he don't sound to greatful for the first time Geralt saved his daughter...
I think it's about the discrimination the witchers face in general. Even though they serve people they are treated badly by all the other people because they're different from them.

Kings and queens in the Witcher world aren't fair and benevolent to their subjects and there is of course no exception in regard of poeple like Witchers. I don't know if you know Sapkowski's Witcher saga. There the kings and queen of the Northern Kingdom had a gathering to decide about the Ciri case. I was quite irritated about Foltest's attitude.Two werwolf fur mods you find btw here.

The kings/queens are shown to be without conventional "honor" either.
Ciri's own grandmother, queen of Cintra is shown to be quite willing to go back on royal debts and promises.The meeting Petra spoke of discusses on a light vein whether to kill Ciri, or force her to marry a monarch.The emperor of Nilfgaard who wants to find and marry Ciri to fulfill a prophesy is actually Ciri's father.The royalty is shown to swap partners often, both on the battlefield, and in the bedroom.Foltest himself had the whole incident with his sister leading to the birth of Adda, and his sister's death.Demawend(I think it was him. Someone verify) was shown to test his non-human officials' loyalty by sending them to their deaths against the scoiatael.
The average people are just too scared of witchers. To them witchers are a monster-hunting monster. Read the in-game entry about witchers in Psiologus, if you want.

In all honesty I wasn't familiar with the Witcher series; didn't even know that there was one unitil after I had bought the game a couple of months ago and joined the forums here. Found this game checking out Gamestop.com one day and thought that I would try it out as it was along the style for which I liked of CRPG I just wish that I would have found it long before I did. Now they sound like they would be something for which would be interested in reading and will have to look and see if they have them at one of the book stores here in the states as I know the author, if I am not mistaken is not of the U.S. so hopefully I'll be able to find them. But I noticed that king Foltest at least seems to look at everyone with disdain. Petra Thanks for the link for the werewolf fur mod. I still say that they should have had an alternative way in which to obtain the mutigens in case you decided to the way of saving vincent and Princess Adda.

I don't know why but there seems to be a problem to publish the Witcher saga in English though short stories and novels are already translated into other languages.Vilgefortze, your are right in your hidden spoiler. But it's actually not so fanciful in our own world in the past and presence -.-

redneck1st said:
Petra Thanks for the link for the werewolf fur mod. I still say that they should have had an alternative way in which to obtain the mutigens in case you decided to the way of saving vincent and Princess Adda.
That, my friend, is another way the devs test us. Can we overcome the inner munchkin lurking within us all and do the "right" thing skipping on a reward? Especially in the werewolve's case if not in the striga's? I see forcing players to make such choices as the game's true appeal.

Right, the game wouldn't have such immersion if the player isn't that much involved in the events and really has to ponder about a decision.

PetraSilie said:
Right, the game wouldn't have such immersion if the player isn't that much involved in the events and really has to ponder about a decision.
Your right there I did ponder the decision and I decided to let vincent live. But I still think that there should be another way of obtaining the special ingredients that you need. I.e. maybe a reward from carmen of his fur that she found in her bed after you cure him. Why should those that chose to do things a certain I.e. curing vincent as opposed to killing him mean we shouldn't have a way to obtain a way to make that paticular mutigen, or any other for that matter there?

redneck1st said:
redneck1st said:
Your right there I did ponder the decision and I decided to let vincent live. But I still think that there should be another way of obtaining the special ingredients that you need. I.e. maybe a reward from carmen of his fur that she found in her bed after you cure him. Why should those that chose to do things a certain I.e. curing vincent as opposed to killing him mean we shouldn't have a way to obtain a way to make that paticular mutigen, or any other for that matter there?
If you play with Flash's Full Combat Rebalance mod, you can get the werewolf fur even if you let Vincent live.I actually thought it was cool that you can't get the werewolf fur if you let Vincent live. Virtue is not always rewarded in the real world; sometimes you have to let the warm glow of knowing that you made the right decision be your reward. I thought it was cool that there was a place in the game where making the humane decision kept you from getting something valuable.In general, we like games because they're not like real life; we get to be bad asses and right wrongs and be wildly effective when we're Geralt. But part of what makes The Witcher interesting is the moral choices element, and I think it adds an interesting dimension to those choices to have the werewolf fur not be available to players who make the humane choice.

Corylea,Well now once I read through your posting and gave it some thought I'll have to admit that I fully agree with you on it. After all even in the real world your not always rewarded for doing the right things in life. And after all with making the morale decision not to kill Vincent but to cure him instead you know in your heart that you did the right thing for which you thought you should do. This would be the same as with Princes Adda and the Stirga. By not killing her you aren't able to obtain her heart. But you know that you did the right thing by saving another human. Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I never thought about this til you brought it up. Also great to get another persons perspective on things. As for the mod I'll check it out. Not sure if I'll download and install it though. It will all depend on how much it changes the game. Besides want to play through a couple of more times first.
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
If you play with Flash's Full Combat Rebalance mod, you can get the werewolf fur even if you let Vincent live.I actually thought it was cool that you can't get the werewolf fur if you let Vincent live. Virtue is not always rewarded in the real world; sometimes you have to let the warm glow of knowing that you made the right decision be your reward. I thought it was cool that there was a place in the game where making the humane decision kept you from getting something valuable.In general, we like games because they're not like real life; we get to be bad asses and right wrongs and be wildly effective when we're Geralt. But part of what makes The Witcher interesting is the moral choices element, and I think it adds an interesting dimension to those choices to have the werewolf fur not be available to players who make the humane choice.

Top Bottom