Stutter whenever using an object

+
Please help me, I cannot fix this issue (Weird Game state Freezing ) BUG / CRASH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have encountered a very strange , undocumented bug that happens exclusively in the Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt.

- THE BUG -
Entering the signs menu, pressing E on a chest or anything to grab items from , being in general combat , will cause the games state to freeze entirely. This is not a CTD, and ESC menu still works. You can access your inventory , use items, heck, you can even move the camera. But all NPCs and Geralt are frozen in time, with the music still playing.

- MY ATTEMPTED FIXES -
I have done the following things to try and remedy the issue already.

- Disabling every overlay my computer has installed including Radeon Software, Xbox game Overlay , Discord, etc.
-Updated Windows , AND my graphics drivers.
- Toggled NVIDIA Hairworks OFF
- Ran every video type, from fullscreen to borderless, to windowed.
-Tried all available frame caps from 30 to unlimited.
- Tried setting settings to High instead of ultra.
- Tried having VSYNC on & Off.
-Set the priority of the task to *HIGH* in task manager.
-Verified the game files in steam, to no result.
----------------------------------------------------
Current System Specs:
FANS - Corsair SP120 RGB Pro 120mm X3
GPU - MSI R9 390 GAMING 4G Graphics Card
CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 2700X WRAITHP
MOTHER - ASUS PRIME X470-PRO AM4
SSD - CRUCIAL 500GB MX500 2.5 SSD
HDD - SEAGATE 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" HD
PSU - IPSG 850W GOLD FULLMODULAR PSU
AIO COOLER - CORSAIR H100I PRO RGB AIO COOLE
-----------------------------------------------------

I am running the game at the very least on High at 2160 x 1440p with ~60fps , so hardware is not the issue, unless its just general AMD compatibility issues, or maybe DX11.
I have ran The DXDIAG tool and submitted it to the official CDProject support team, but they didnt have any conclusions.

Any help would be great, for it is seriously ruining my experience with the game, as it is unplayable in this current state...

Post moved!

The biggest question of all for general weirdness:

1.) Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Also worth considering:

2.) Frame-timing. If running at 120 Hz or 144 Hz, try limiting it to 60 Hz. And/or use a program like RTSS to limit the FPS of the game to something just below or above your actual FPS performance. So, 54 or 64. (Sometimes, using multiples of 8 can help.)

3.) Other programs, like aggressive anit-virus or custom drivers for peripherals (Logitech, Razer, etc.) can often hook inputs and create odd issues.

4.) Ryzen chipsets have been problematic for some users, but I'm putting this further down on the list because your situation seems very particular. I don't imagine it's a CPU compatibility thing.

One thing I would strongly recommend against is raising the priority of an application. Windows will manage that as it needs to by default. Forcing something like a game into higher priority can actually introduce stability issues.

Top Bottom